HiveEx.com OTC cryptocurrency broker review
Take a closer look at this OTC cryptocurrency broker for large-volume traders.
Placing large trades on conventional cryptocurrency exchanges can be a costly exercise. Not only do you have to deal with the phenomenon known as slippage, which is when the market moves against you before your trade can be completed, but many exchanges have low transaction limits that may be insufficient for your needs.
HiveEx.com is a cryptocurrency broker that aims to overcome these problems. Developed for crypto buyers who want to place trades of $35,000 or more, the platform allows users to access a fixed price on bitcoin and four other major cryptocurrencies.
But is it the right trading platform for you? Let’s take a closer look at the features HiveEx.com offers to find out.
|Product Name||HiveEx.com OTC Cryptocurrency Brokerage|
|Fiat Currencies||AUD, USD, GBP, EUR, HKD, SGD, CAD, JPY, CHF, ZAR, INR, NZD, ILS & more|
|Cryptocurrencies||BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC & 50+ more|
Bank transfer (ACH)
HiveEx.com and finder.com are members of the Hive Empire group of companies.
What is HiveEx.com?
HiveEx.com was launched in February 2018 by the co-founders of Finder. Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, the service is available all over the world.
HiveEx.com is an over-the-counter (OTC) cryptocurrency brokerage service for big crypto trades. Specializing in trades of $35,000 or more, the company has access to some of the world’s largest liquidity providers to help its customers buy and sell the most popular digital currencies. It offers customers a fixed price upfront and the service is backed by 24/7 customer support.
Which cryptocurrencies can I trade?
HiveEx.com specialises in the following currencies:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ether (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- XRP (XRP)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
You can trade 50+ more cryptocurrencies at HiveEx.com. It can also assist with introductions for users who want to invest into seed or private rounds of projects.
Who can use HiveEx.com?
You must be at least 18 years of age to use the HiveEx.com service. You’ll also need to satisfy the terms and conditions to qualify as an accredited investor, which means you must have either:
- A gross income for each of the last two years of at least $250,000 or
- Net assets of at least $2.5 million
Which fiat currencies are accepted?
HiveEx.com supports the following fiat currencies:
- United States Dollar (USD)
- Australian dollars (AUD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Great British Pound (GBP)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- South African Rand (ZAR)
- Indian Rupee (INR)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Israeli Shekel (ILS)
You can deposit the funds for a trade in the following ways:
- Make a bank transfer to HiveEx.com’s bank account
- Reach out to the team to discuss other options
How does it work?
HiveEx.com is an OTC cryptocurrency broker. This means that rather than you buying digital currency directly from HiveEx.com, the HiveEx.com team works on your behalf to facilitate the purchase of cryptocurrency in line with your instructions. You will then enter into an agreement with another entity (known as the counterparty) chosen by HiveEx.com to complete the trade.
The process works as follows:
- Sign up. Register for an account by providing your name, contact details, proof of ID and trading requirements.
- Onboarding. HiveEx.com confirms your eligibility to use its service and prepares your account.
- Start trading. The HiveEx.com team is available 24/7 and can help you make trades of $10,000 or more. In most cases, trades will be settled on the same day.
During the sign-up process, you’ll be asked to specify your preferred method of communication when organizing trades. Some of the options available include:
- Facebook Messenger
- HiveEx.com Website Chat
How much will it cost me to use HiveEx.com?
HiveEx.com provides fully inclusive pricing based on market volatility, trade volume, asset liquidity, market risk and other variables.
For each trade you place, you’ll be quoted one price upfront. There are no extra fees or charges that apply.
Are there any transfer limits?
HiveEx.com can facilitate cryptocurrency trades of between AUD$50,000 and AUD$100 million, or roughly US$35,000 to US$70 million.
Is it safe to use HiveEx.com?
HiveEx.com was established in February of 2018 is now the leading OTC cryptocurrency broker within Australia. The company implements a strict Know Your Customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) process to ensure that only legitimate traders are able to use the platform. When you sign up, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your full name and address
- Your date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
- Whether you are registering as an individual or as a business
- The amount you expect to trade
- A copy of an ID document
- Proof of address
HiveEx.com is registered with AUSTRAC (Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre) to provide increased transparency and comply with regulatory requirements.
HiveEx.com provides 24/7 support to customers. You can get in touch with the trading team over the phone, via email, through WhatsApp or by using another preferred method of communication.
Pros and cons
- Designed specifically for large-volume traders
- Institutional pricing for individuals
- Access a larger liquidity pool than you will get from conventional exchanges
- Avoid slippage and long processing times associated with placing large trades on traditional exchanges
- No need to worry about low maximum transaction and withdrawal limits
- Global network of liquidity partners means many trades can be settled on the same day
- 24/7 customer support
- Strict KYC and AML process
- Not suitable for those looking to place small trades
- Trading occurs through manual agreement, rather than an automated platform