Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compare the best high chairs
Find the right brand, style and fit for your little one.
There are plenty of high chair options out there, but what’s the best fit for you and your family? Compare popular models and see which features are the most important to pay attention to when shopping.
Compare some of the best high chairs
|Name||Average price||Type||Product weight (lbs)||Max weight limit (lbs)||Height adjustments||Purchase|
|Graco Blossom 6-in-1||$175||Multi-functional||32||60||6||Buy now|
|Keekaroo Height Right||$207||Wooden||20.4||250||Adjusts in 1″ increments||Buy now|
|Fisher-Price SpaceSaver Adjustable||$40||Portable||7.6||50||2||Buy now|
|OXO Tot Sprout High Chair||$250||Wooden||30||59.5||3||Buy now|
|Inglesina Fast Table Chair||$70||Clip-on||4.2||37||None||Buy now|
|Graco Simpleswitch Portable High Chair and Booster||$58||Multi-functional||17||37 highchair; 60 booster||None||Buy now|
|BABYBJORN High Chair||$300||Plastic||11||Height limit up to 38 inches||None||Buy now|
Types of high chairs
You’ll likely come across several types of high chairs during your search:
- Wooden. These classic high chairs are making a comeback, but with a modern twist. Be wary of used wooden high chairs that may not conform to the latest safety standards, though.
- Plastic. Plastic high chairs are among the most affordable options out there and are typically lightweight and portable.
- Multi-functional. These can be solid options if you’re on the hunt for a higher-end high chair. Multi-functional chairs can often serve as cradles, swings and other types of seats, as well as high chairs. You’ll usually find the most bells and whistles with these models.
- Portable clip-on. These chairs don’t have legs, making them ultra portable. They simply clip onto the edge of a table, kitchen island or other sturdy surface.
- Booster seat. While not technically high chairs, booster seats can come in handy for older kids who may have outgrown a high chair but still need a little help reaching the table.
How to compare high chairs
Keep these features in mind when comparing various high chairs to find the best fit for your family:
- Price. New high chairs can range in price from around $30 to $500 or more, depending on the size, brand and model. Expect midrange high chairs to be in the $100 to $200 range.
- Height and weight limits. Check the height and weight limits for the specific chair you’re interested in to be sure it’ll work for your child. Some models convert into toddler or big-kid seats, making them more cost effective in the long run. Others may only be suitable for younger babies.
- Safety. The Consumer Product Safety Commission recently released new safety regulations for all high chairs in June of 2018. Make sure the high chair you’re buying meets the latest safety standards.
- Tray. Is the tray easily removable and — better yet — dishwasher safe?
- Seat. Is the seat height adjustable or reclinable? Will it be comfy for baby? Does it come with a removable or waterproof cover?
- Portability and storage. Think about your lifestyle and when and where you plan to use the high chair. Will you have to move it around often or take it to and from a caretaker’s home? Does it fold for easy storage? How much space do you have for it?
- Extra features. Some high chairs come with more bells and whistles than others — such as cup holders, wheels or a sleek, stylish design.
How to clean a high chair
Wiping down your high chair after each use is an easy to way to stay on top of spills and stains, but you’ll need to do a deeper clean every now and again. To do this, follow these basic steps:
- Brush off or vacuum loose crumbs and dirt.
- Wipe down the frame, legs, seat, tray and other parts with a damp cloth.
- Disinfect with white vinegar, wipes or other child-safe product.
- Remove the seat cushion and straps, if possible. Check the label to see if they’re machine washable. If not, look for specific cleaning instructions.
- Remove the tray and put it in the dishwasher if possible, or soak in soapy water. Note that if the tray is wooden, it should never be soaked. Wipe down instead.
High chair safety tips
Always practice good high chair safety when in use. Read all assembly and safety instructions that came with your chair and follow these general tips:
- Never leave a child left unattended in a high chair.
- Make sure the high chair has been assembled properly and cannot tip over.
- If it has wheels, be sure they’re in the locked position when in use.
- Use all safety straps and buckles any time your child is in the high chair.
- If using a clip-on model, be sure it locks onto the table.
- Avoid placing the high chair directly beside a table or countertop, as your child may be able to use his or her feet to push the chair over.
You’ve got several high chair options to choose from, so it can be helpful to compare a few top models before picking the best fit for you.
How did we choose these products?
We conducted our own online research, comparing the price, type, size and overall features of some of the most popular high chairs currently available.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Teeth whitening guide + top picks
Learn about the main types of teeth whitening procedures, including how to find the right one for your needs.
9 best slip dresses of the season
Find the perfect slip dress for your style and budget, whether you’re looking for something casual or a formal look to dress up.
13 of the best shoes for nurses
Shop some of the best nursing shoes to help you stay on your feet in comfort and style. We share our picks and tips and advice from nurses.
10 best ski resorts in the US
Compare skiing, nightlife, cost of lift tickets and more at the top US ski resorts.
Compare capsule coffee machines
We’ll help you choose the right capsule coffee machine for your home or office. Compare specs and features for popular capsule coffee machines.
7+ hotels offering workation packages
Book a workation at one of these hotels and get Internet, coffee, private space and more.
Compare drones: Your guide to choosing the right model
Interested in racing, recreational flying or aerial photography? This guide helps you compare and choose the perfect drone for you.
Best airline credit cards of 2021
Have your sights set on travel this year? We compared nearly 100 cards to find the best deals and perks.
Best outdoor nativity sets
These nativity scenes will add an extra dose of cheer to your front yard, just in time for Christmas. Find the top sites to shop.
31 Asian American-owned businesses to support
Find both veterans and up-and-coming brands in a wide range of industries — from beauty to coffee to interior design.
Ask an Expert