How much will I pay to send money with Hawk FX?
Hawk FX doesn’t charge fees. Instead, it makes money off a margin added to the exchange rate. This is why the exchange rate you’ll be quoted is different from the one you can see on Google or Reuters — which is the mid-market rate.
How are Hawk FX’s exchange rates?
Hawk FX offers competitive exchange rates that are generally lower than what’s offered at major banks. It updates its exchange rates daily.
What types of transfers does Hawk FX support?
At the time of writing, Hawk FX only offers direct deposits to bank accounts and you’ll need to fund the transfer directly from your own account. Aside from one-time transfers, it also offers:
- Regular payments. You can set up a payment that’ll automatically go through at whatever frequency you need.
- Forward contracts. These let you lock in today’s exchange rate for a transfer up to two years in the future.
- Limit orders. You can request what exchange rate you want and, when that rate is met, your transfer will automatically go through.
- Business transfers. Hawk FX has a specific product that aims to help businesses reduce volatility and risk.
Pros and cons of using Hawk FX
- Personalized service. You’ll get a dedicated currency expert assigned to you.
- No fees. Hawk FX doesn’t charge fees to send money.
- Competitive exchange rates. While Hawk FX does charge a margin on top of the exchange rate, it’s often still better than going with a bank.
- UK-based customer service. The online chat feature to talk with a representative is only available during UK business hours, but you can reach someone on the phone 24/7.
- Only supports bank transfers. You can only pay by bank account and you’re only able to send to a bank account — Hawk FX doesn’t offer cash pickups.
How does Hawk FX compare to other services?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How do I send money through Hawk FX?
To get started with this service:
- Register. Head to Hawk FX’s homepage. You’ll have the option to register in the top right-hand corner. Create an account with your email address, name and password. You’ll also choose whether you’re signing up as an individual or company.
- Verify your email and mobile phone. You’ll be sent an email verification. Have your phone handy for when Hawk FX sends you a verification code.
- Verify your identity. Provide a current form of government-issued ID and add your personal information such as date of birth and address. You’ll also be asked for information about what country you pay taxes in. While Hawk FX asks for your social media information, providing it is optional.
- Specify the types of transfers you plan to make. Select which currencies you’re interested in as well as the main reason, frequency and size of the payments. An estimate is fine.
- Await account approval. You’ll be sent an email when Hawk FX has verified your account, which usually happens within 24 hours.
- Start your first transfer. After you open an account, your dedicated currency expert will reach out to discuss your transfer needs. They can walk you through your first transfer on the phone or you can initiate a transfer online.
How do I track my transfer?
Hawk FX will send you an email updating you on the status of your transfer each step of the way.
Is Hawk FX safe to use?
Yes. Hawk FX is government-regulated by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), and keeps client’s money separate from their own. Hawk FX also uses SSL encryption, which gives you a secure connection when you log in to the website.
Hawk FX offers fee-free transfers and stellar customer service, but its $10,000 minimum means it’s not an option for small transactions. And while the company offers competitive exchange rates, compare providers to get the best deal.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Crypto.com NFT Marketplace Review and Guide
Crypto.com NFT marketplace stands out as a beginner-friendly NFT marketplace that can be accessed by almost everyone in the world.
eBay NFTs review and guide
A deep dive into eBay’s foray into the NFT ecosystem, looking at everything from available categories to potential drawbacks.
Niftex is an innovative NFT platform that allows users to fractionalize NFTs. Find out how fractionalization works, what the advantages are.
Binance NFT Marketplace Review and Guide
The Binance NFT Marketplace offers one of the safest NFT marketplaces for creating, buying and selling NFTs.
How to buy Solana (SOL) in 5 steps
Learn how to buy Solana (SOL) with this step-by-step guide and compare various supported cryptocurrency exchanges.
Columbus-5 Terra upgrade: LUNA’s deflationary moment explained
On September 30, Terra mainnet upgrade Columbus-5 is set to bring a new wave of functionality and investment to Terra and Cosmos.
The best debit cards for kids for 2021
Support your child’s financial knowledge and teach the important real-life money skills in a safe and controlled way with a kids’ debit card.
How to buy Solana (SOL) with Credit Card
Your step-by-step guide to buying Solana with a credit card.
How to buy Litecoin (LTC) with a credit card
Learn how to buy Litecoin (LTC) with a credit card by following our step-by-step guide. Get started today.
How to buy Polkadot (DOT)
Learn more about the DOT cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Ask an Expert