Harper Partners business loans review
You can qualify with bad credit — but it's not up front about rates and terms.
- Best for business owners with bad credit, judgments, liens or bankruptcies.
- Pick something else if you're looking for transparent rates, terms and fees before applying.
Anna Serio is a trusted lending expert and certified Commercial Loan Officer who's published more than 950 articles on Finder to help Americans strengthen their financial literacy. A former editor of a newspaper in Beirut, Anna writes about personal, student, business and car loans. Today, digital publications like Business Insider, CNBC and the Simple Dollar feature her professional commentary, and she earned an Expert Contributor in Finance badge from review site Best Company in 2020.
Harper Parters is an online lender that specializes in factoring and cash advances to help small businesses grow. Its small business loans are designed specifically for business owners with bad credit who have struggled to qualify for funding in the past.
It’s more transparent than your average alternative business lender about the costs of other products, like factoring and cash advances. But you have to provide personal information to learn about the rates and terms available for its business loans. That plus the lack of customer reviews makes it difficult to know what you’re getting into before you sign up.
Not sure about Harpers Partners? Compare other options below.
First, do I qualify?
Harper Partners doesn’t disclose any hard credit requirements. But it’s generally more flexible than traditional lenders that offer business loans. You can still qualify if you have bad personal credit, filed for bankruptcy in the past or have a lien or judgment against you.
What makes Harper Partners business loans unique?
Harper Partners offers funding to businesses that can’t qualify for traditional business funding. You can still qualify if you have negative marks on your credit report. It also works with businesses that have filed for bankruptcy in the past.
And it’s fast — even compared to other online lenders. You can get your money in as little as 24 hours after qualifying for a loan.
What other types of funding does Harper Partners offer?
Harper Partners also offers the following types of business financing:
- Invoice factoring. Get up to 90% of your invoice’s value up front with a factoring fee of 1% to 3% per month a customer takes to pay their invoice.
- Payroll funding. Factoring specifically to help your company cover employee costs with the same rates and terms as invoice factoring.
- Cash advances for software companies. Borrow between $250,000 and $4 million, which you repay with a percentage of revenue plus a fee of 8% to 15% of the advance.
- Venture debt. A mix of debt and equity funding for startups.
- Specializes in bad credit
- Get funds in as little as 24 hours
- Customer service available via live-chat, phone, social media or email
- Available in all 50 states
- High minimum loan amount
- Doesn’t disclose information about its business loans
- No customer reviews
- No toll-free customer service number
Compare other business loan options
How do I apply?
You can get started on your application over the phone by calling 310-817-0376 or online by following these steps:
- Go to the Harper Partners website.
- Click Get Started at the top of the page.
- Fill in the form with your contact information and basic details about your business.
- Click Submit.
After you submit your form, Harper Partners will reach out to discuss your options. If it sounds like you might qualify, they’ll guide you through the rest of the application.
What documents do I need to apply?
Harper Partners doesn’t disclose what documents it requires for the application. It typically varies from lender to lender. But business loan providers typically ask to see recent tax returns and bank statements at a minimum.
How do repayments work?
Harper Partners doesn’t disclose how repayments work on its business term loans. Typically, these types of loans come with daily, weekly or sometimes monthly repayments. But you repay its cash advances with a percentage of your daily revenue. With invoice factoring, your clients pay Harper Partners when they fill their invoices.
You can find the terms of your loan on the contract you signed before you received your funds. Reach out to customer service if you have any questions about repayments as soon as possible.
Find out how Harper Parters compares to other lenders by checking out our guide to business loans.