Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Review: Halo Financial for businesses
Low fees, strong rates and flexible tools help borderless businesses improve profits.
What is Halo Financial for business?
UK-based Halo Financial is hailed for its competitive rates and fees on simple five-step transfers turned around in a day. And it’s much the same story for businesses, but with the help of hedging tools and FX experts to further improve profits on borderless payments.
Corporate clients can choose from one-off payments to scheduled and automated payments, limit orders and stop-loss orders — or any combination of these tools. Everyday bank-to-bank transfers of up to 5,000 EUR cost about $17 (15 EUR), with no fees for higher amounts. And depending on your currency, you could see your money delivered on the same day.
How are Halo Financial’s businesses exchange rates?
Rates typically reflect only a slight margin on the mid-market rate. Most pages on Halo’s site include a box containing live interbank rates for GBP, USD and other popular currencies to give you an idea of what you might get.
When you initiate a transfer, however, you’ll see the exact rate that applies to your trade before you accept it, no matter how much that currency might fluctuate immediately after.
How much will my business pay to send money with Halo Financial?
The short answer: not much. You’ll pay a flat 15 EUR fee on transfers of up to 5,000 EUR and no fee for higher transfers.
Target your desired rate with a limit order or protect yourself against fluctuations through a stop-loss orders at no additional cost.
What other services does Halo Financial offer for my business?
Making one-off payments and spot trades is easy with Halo Financial, but you’ve got a range of options to leverage currency volatility and keep as much of your profits to yourself.
- Regular payments. Automate international payroll, rent payments and other expenses your business pays regularly with low minimums of £250 monthly, £400 bimonthly or £500 quarterly.
- Limit orders. Specify the exchange rate you want for an automatic transfer when the market hits your target.
- Stop-loss orders. Set a minimum “worst case” rate with this flexible tool that can protect you against even weaker exchanges.
- Combined limit and stop losses. Indicate the highest and lowest rate thresholds your budget can bear to better control your currency transactions.
- Forward contracts. Fix an exchange rate on your transfers for up to 24 months in advance.
- Dedicated FX consultant. Work with an expert to identify your most traded currency pairs, business objectives and potential solutions to your most complicated international business issues.
Pros and cons
- Quick turnaround. No matter how you decide to transfer your money, it’s often delivered within a business day.
- No fees on large transfers. Pay nothing for transfers of 5,000 EUR or more. If you’re transferring up to £5,000, you’ll need to pay a £15 fee.
- Multiple business tools. Get stronger exchanges through contract options and automated orders — and any combination of the two.
- Excellent customer service. Halo’s known for its professional, expert staff available most anytime you need them.
- Many transfers require help. You can send one-off transfers on your own. But to use many of Halo’s business tools, you’ll need to speak with your FX consultant during business hours.
- Rates not quoted in USD. You can use Halo’s services if you live in the US, but the site doesn’t offer quotes in US dollars.
- Accounts held in the UK. It may not be a problem for your borderless business, but it’s a quirk of this UK-centric specialist.
- Maximum limits for regular transfers. Signing up for regular transfers comes with monthly, bi-monthly and quarterly limits.
Compare Halo Financial to other money transfer services
How do I make international business payments through Halo Financial?
Get started with Halo Financial by signing up for a corporate account online.
1. Open an account. Sign up with information about you and your company. After you submit your application, Halo verifies your credentials and activates your account within a business day.
2. Get a quote. Discuss your currency needs with your FX consultant, who will quote a rate on your transfers.
3. Confirm your trade. Accept your quote, indicate your recipient and pay for your transfer.
4. Receive confirmation. Once Halo Financial processes your transfers, you’re notified by email — and you can make sure your recipient is notified too.
Halo Financial can help borderless your business transact payments for clients, supplies and more through strong rates, low fees and flexible tools that keep more cash in your coffers.
But if you’d like to see what’s out there beyond UK-based money transfer specialists, compare other options for international businesses.
Frequently asked questions about Halo Financial
More guides on Finder
Kachinga Prepaid Mastercard review
Teach your kid to save, spend and give wisely with this prepaid debit card and mobile app.
Charity Charge Nonprofit Business Mastercard® review
A small business credit card that automatically donates your cashback rewards to charities.
Best and worst states to retire
The best and worst states to retire based on affordability; crime and poverty; culture; weather and location; and health and wellbeing.
Startup business lines of credit
A business line of credit is a useful tool. But as a startup, you may not qualify for the best interest rates with most lenders. Explore your options — and alternatives — for flexible funding as a new business.
How to start a cleaning business
From making a business plan and getting insurance to marketing and setting your prices — here’s how to start your own cleaning business.
Divorce Forms Filler review
An online DIY service that charges a flat rate to generate your divorce paperwork — but watch out for the automatic membership fee.
Best credit cards for rewards in 2021
Take advantage of miles, points and perks with a card that best fits your lifestyle.
Best balance transfer credit cards of 2021
Here are our top balance transfer picks for 2021.
Best business credit cards for 2021
Here are our top picks for 2021.
Sigue international money transfers review
Sigue offers speedy money transfers to 50+ countries, but you have to set up a transfer to see the transaction fees.
Ask an Expert