Get money overseas in just a day or two
Halo Financial is a UK-based international money transfer provider. The company offers a range of transfer options, including regular payments and forward contracts. In addition to its low fee structure, Halo Financial has no maximum limits for transfers. So you can send money as often as you like in any amount that you want.
Halo Financial currently sends same-day transfers in four currencies: the British pound, US dollars, euros and Canadian dollars. If you’re looking to send a same-day transfer in a different currency, you may have to choose a different provider.
Be sure to check that your currency is available because Halo Financial doesn’t offer transfers in every currency.
How much does Halo Financial cost?
You’ll pay 15 EUR for transfers of up to 5,000 EUR and no fees for larger transfers.
How are Halo Financial’s exchange rates?
With lower overhead costs than a traditional bank and forex as its core business, Halo Financial is able to offer competitive exchange rates. You can find real-time exchange rates for select currencies on its website.
Also on its website is a currency converter calculator that shows you exchange rates for their other available currencies. Halo Financial’s exchange rates are typically near the mid-market rates. The closer your money transfer exchange rate is to the mid-market rate, the better deal you’re getting.
What types of transfers does Halo Financial support?
Halo Financial offers a variety of transfer types:
- One-off payments. Send money to someone one time.
- Regular payments. Send money to someone monthly, bimonthly or quarterly.
- Limit orders. Specify a more favorable exchange rate for a future transfer.
- Spot loss orders. Protect yourself against an unfavorable exchange rate change.
- Spot contracts. For quick “trade now, pay now” transactions.
- Forward contracts. Lock in a current exchange rate and pay later.
Both you and your recipient will need a bank account to send or receive a transfer through Halo Financial.
There are no maximum limits for sending money through Halo Financial. Some services are subject to minimum transfer amounts — such as the Regular Transfer Service, which has a minimum requirement of 250 EUR (or currency equivalent).
Pros and cons
- Flexible transfer options. Choose from a variety of payment options to suit your needs.
- Many currencies available. Send money in most freely trading currencies.
- Competitive exchange rates. Take advantage of near-mid-market rates to save more than you would through your local bank.
- No cash transfer options. You and your recipient must have bank accounts.
- Limited same-day transfers. Not all currencies can be sent on the day you initiate the transfer.
- Based in the UK. Your phone provider may charge additional fees if you need to call Halo Financial’s customer service.
How does Halo Financial compare to other services?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Sending $1,000 to Canada
Anne wants to send $1,000 to her partner in Canada. She’s heard that her bank in the US charges high fees for international money transfers and doesn’t offer competitive exchange rates. So she compares her bank to Halo Financial, an online money transfer provider.
|Halo Financial||Major US Bank|
|Exchange rate||1 USD = 1.33 CAD||1 USD = 1.28 CAD|
|Transfer fee||17 USD||35 USD|
|Transfer speed||0–1 business days||2–3 business days|
|Transfer options||Online, by phone||Online|
|Total CAD received||1,314 CAD||1,245 CAD|
In this example, Anne discovers that she’ll save 18 USD in transfer fees by using Halo Financial. On top of that, her partner will also receive an extra 69 CAD because Halo Financial offers such a competitive exchange rate.
How do I send money through Halo Financial?
To get started with Halo Financial, register for an account online. After you’re logged in, you can review the website to get an idea of the different transfers that are offered as well as the current exchange rates.
Halo Financial offers a simple five-step process for sending money.
- Open an account online or by phone. Registering for an account is free. Halo offers the option to mail in an application to its UK office, but this process takes much longer.
- Get a quote. Input the currencies you want to exchange to see the current exchange rate, and you can either decide to continue with your transaction or wait.
- Confirm your transfer. Once you accept the quote, follow the instructions on how to pay and the information you need for your recipient.
- Send your funds. You can send your funds through Halo Financial online or by check.
- Your recipient receives the funds. Enjoy same-day transfers for the British pound, US dollars, euros and Canadian dollars, and at least a business day for other currencies. You and your recipient will receive an email once the transfer is complete.
If you decide to make an international money transfer with Halo Financial, both you and the recipient will receive a confirmation email once the transaction is complete. Transfers are usually completed by the next business, while a few can even be completed the same day.
The next time you need to send money overseas, consider the many options Halo Financial offers. It’s also a good idea to compare Halo Financial’s services to other international money transfer providers to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert