We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Where to buy Halloween decorations online
Transform your home into a haunted mansion this season — without spooking your wallet.
It’s that time of year again when all the ghouls and ghosts come out to play. Join in on the Halloween spookiness with the perfect decorations to transform your home into a ghostly graveyard or haunted mansion from these online stores.
How to save money on Halloween decorations
Turning your house into a spooky haunted mansion or fun fall retreat is one of the best parts about this time of year. But with the holidays fast approaching, you might not want to spend a fortune on Halloween decorations. Here’s how to spookify your home on the cheap.
- Save pumpkin carving for Halloween-eve. Wait to visit the pumpkin patch until closer to Halloween to score a deep discount. You might not have quite as many gourds to choose from, but you might find some unique shapes and sizes.
- Shop early. Buying Halloween decor in the off-season can earn you huge discounts. Shop earlier in the year for your decorations and candy, or snatch up discounted merchandise the day after Halloween to save for next year.
- DIY costumes. Look online for printouts and tips for making your own costumes this year and save big.
- Check your local dollar store. Need some last-minute decorations before your Halloween party? Check the dollar store to snag some on the cheap.
- Look online for free printables. Stock up on fun craft ideas for the kids or small window decorations for trick-or-treaters without spending a dime.
How to make DIY Halloween decorations
Making your own Halloween decorations is a great way to save some cash and get into the spooky spirit. Find all the arts and crafts materials you’ll need to knock these DIY decor ideas out of the park from stores like Office Depot, Walmart and Wholesale Party Supplies.
- Paint a pumpkin. Upgrade your home’s Halloween look with beautifully painted pumpkins. All you need is a little paint and a pumpkin!
- Baker’s twine pumpkins. Wrap some fancy twine around small pumpkins, and you’ve got yourself an elegant DIY decoration that’ll double for Halloween and Thanksgiving.
- Cheesecloth ghosts. Hang these fun little fellas in trees, on railings or even from your ceiling.
- Spooky cutouts. Some black paper and white chalk can really stretch your Halloween budget. From bats to ghosts to cute black cats, the possibilities are endless.
- Homemade wreath. Browse through a craft store and you’re sure to find plenty of supplies to make the ultimate decor for your door.
When do Halloween decorations go on sale?
Starting the day after Halloween, be on the lookout for deep discounts on candy, decorations and other Halloween goodies. Sales usually last for about a week before retailers kick it into high gear for Christmas. If you notice stores starting to pack up their fall merchandise to make room for holiday cheer, ask a sales associate if there are any clearance items left. You might be able to snap up huge savings on leftover wares stored in the back.
Wondering what else is on sale this time of year? Check out our handy guide for the best time to buy just about anything.
Best Halloween decorations in 2019
Embroidered Bats Table Topper - 58" x 58"
Zombie Head Cookie Jar
Spider Web with Spiders
Trick or Treat Halloween Celebration Card
Laboratory Shot Glasses
Looking for more Halloween inspiration?
Halloween 2019 deals and coupons
Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert