Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Guide to Spirit Airlines rewards program
Earn more miles when you fly this budget airline.
However, award flight redemptions come with fees, which only get higher the closer you redeem to your flight date.
How much are Spirit Airlines miles worth?
The value of Spirit miles varies based on several factors, but it mostly depends on whether you book your flight during a peak flying period. If you own the Spirit Airlines World Mastercard®, you can redeem award flights for as low as 2,500 miles for a one-way flight, up to 1,249 miles, during an off-peak period. A one-way award flight during a standard period starts at 10,000 miles.
This means Spirit miles are worth anywhere from 0.5 cents up to 2 cents each, according to our April 2019 valuation.
Do Spirit Airlines miles expire?
Yes. Your Spirit miles will expire after three months from the day they’re acquired. You can prevent this by earning miles using your card at least once every month.
The Spirit Airlines World Mastercard® credit card could be an option if you don’t fly often. You could set up your card to pay for monthly subscription services and earn miles on those purchases.
How do you earn Spirit Airlines miles?
You can earn Spirit miles if you:
- Fly with Spirit Airlines.
- Use the Spirit Airlines World Mastercard® credit card from Bank of America.
- Use car rental services from Hertz, Budget and Avis.
- Stay at Choice Hotels or book your stay through PointsHound.
- Dine with the Free Spirit dining program.
- Complete a survey at Miles for Thoughts.
- Shop at Free Spirit online mall, Swagbucks and My Points.
- Play online games with Free Spirit Play.
- Buy miles.
- Receive miles as a gift.
Read more on how to earn and redeem points
- How to earn American Express Membership Rewards points
- How to earn Avianca LifeMiles
- How to earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points
- How to earn Alaska Airlines miles for the most value
- How to earn Southwest Rapid Rewards points
- How to redeem American Airlines miles
- Redeem Southwest Rapid Rewards for the best value
- Redeem JetBlue TrueBlue points for best value
- Redeem Marriott Bonvoy points for best value
- Redeem United Airlines miles for best value
Consider a card from another airline
United℠ Explorer CardRead more
Compare Spirit Airlines credit cards
Bank of America is the only bank that offers Spirit Airlines credit cards. You can only get one credit card, unlike other airlines where you can choose from multiple cards.
Compare other airline credit cards
Loyalty program elite levels
Earning an elite status tier with frequent flyer programs often comes with additional benefits. However, with Spirit Airlines, you only get to earn more miles on your flights.
Note that Percent of miles flown shows how many miles you would earn on a certain flight. Suppose your flight is 2,000 miles. With the Anybody tier, you would earn 1,000 miles, or 50% of the 2,000 miles. With Elite and VIP tiers you would earn the full 2,000 miles on your flight.
|Percent earned of miles flown||50%||100%||100%|
|Requirement||Sign up for the Spirit Airlines frequent flyer program.|
Data obtained April 2019. Values are subject to change and should be used only as a general guide.Back to top
The Spirit Airlines rewards program could be an excellent choice for those who frequently use the airline. To make the most of the program, you may need the Spirit Airlines World Mastercard®. By being a cardmember, you can upgrade to an elite status tier to earn more miles on your flights, and you can redeem award flights with fewer miles. But remember to redeem your miles online and well in advance to save money on fees.
However, if you often use other airlines, consider other airline rewards programs.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert