Not to be confused with Cyber Monday, Green Monday is one of the biggest online shopping days of the year.
By now, we’ve all probably heard lots about Cyber Monday and how online prices drop just for this one day. But thanks to the growing number of stores that are now participating in Green Monday, your online holiday savings may have just begun.
Read up on Green Monday and how you can still snag some deep discounts on last-minute holiday shopping.
Green Monday sales & promo codes:
What is Green Monday?
Green Monday got its start back in 2007 when online giant eBay realized that the second Monday in December was its biggest shopping day of the whole year — even bigger than Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
That’s because Green Monday, which falls on December 11, 2017, is typically the last day that online shoppers can order Christmas gifts and have them arrive on time without having to shell out extra bucks for express delivery.
What’s the difference between Cyber Monday and Green Monday?
Cyber Monday and Green Monday are similar in that:
- They both fall on Mondays.
- They’re geared toward online shoppers who want to grab up a great deal before the holidays.
In fact, some retailers simply refer to Green Monday as “Cyber Monday 2,” because sales are that good.
Green Monday shoppers can expect to see sales similar to those offered on Cyber Monday and throughout Cyber Week, but they’ll want to pay special attention to shipping policies on their orders. Most stores realize how huge this holiday shopping day is, offering free shipping that’s guaranteed to get to you by Christmas.
What is Amazon doing for Green Monday?
In past years, Amazon ran a “12 Days of Deals” event for Green Monday, complete with free shipping on most deals.
This year, shoppers will likely see enticing prices on select groups of hot electronics and Amazon products, but it’s a little too soon to say for sure what Amazon might have up its Green Monday sleeves.
What is eBay doing for Green Monday?
Last year, eBay launched new Green Monday deals every hour throughout the day, slashing prices by up to 70%. Apple iPhones went for 50% off, and Dyson vacuums were 46% off.
The catch: These offers are often “while supplies last.” So you might want to park up in front of your computer as early as possible on Green Monday to score maximum savings.
What retailers participate in Green Monday?
More and more stores are offering special savings on Green Monday, with many of the same retailers participating in Cyber Monday sales also slashing prices for Green Monday.
Some of the biggest names expected to participate in Green Monday 2017:
How to get the best deals on Green Monday
- Take advantage of price matching. Many stores that blackout price-matching policies during Black Friday and Cyber Monday will match prices on Green Monday.
- Research wishlist items. Preparing before Green Monday sales drop can help you to snag the best prices on the items you want as soon as they go live.
- Pay attention to special shipping promos. You might find even better shipping promotions on Green Monday than you’ll find on Cyber Monday, so make sure you read the fine print to get the best deals on shipping.
- Be on the lookout for online scams. As always, make sure you’re shopping on secured websites only, and be wary of email phishing scams.