Apply for a loan of $100 to $10,000 through a network of legit online lenders.
If you need money quickly but don’t want to spend time browsing lenders, consider applying through Green Dot Money. This lending marketplace could include an option that fits your needs — even if you have poor credit.
Read on to learn how Green Dot Money can connect you to a short-term loan with fast funding.
Green Dot Money no longer operating
As of May 2018, it appears that Green Dot Money is no longer operating. Green Dot continues to offer prepaid debit cards and a range of banking services. If you’re interested in a short-term loan, compare this selection of available providers.
|Product Name||Green Dot Money Loans|
|Min. Loan Amount||$100|
|Max. Loan Amount||$10,000|
|Requirements||You must live in one of its serviced states; be at your state’s age of majority; be a citizen or permanent resident of the US; have a steady source of income and a bank account or reusable debit card.|
- Live in one of its serviced states. Green Dot Money currently services all states and Washington, DC except: Colorado, Connecticut, Iowa, New York, Vermont, West Virginia.
- Be at least 18 years old (or your state’s age of majority).
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
- Have a steady source of income.
- Have a bank account or reusable debit card.
How does Green Dot Money work?
Green Dot Money doesn’t provide loans directly. Instead, it’s a loan-connection service that can connect you to lenders willing to offer amounts and terms you specify in its simple online application. After you apply, you choose a loan from among those you’re eligible for and accept a contract on the specific lender’s website.
What loans could I get through Green Dot Money?
- Payday loans. Payday loans — also called short-term or cash advance loans — are a quick way to get small amounts of money when you need it most. The amount you borrow including accrued interest is typically due in two to four weeks. Because these loans are designed for people with less-than-perfect credit, prepare for high interest rates and multiple fees.
- Installment loans. Similar to payday loans, installment loans come with high interest rates and multiple fees. But they can be repaid over months, rather than weeks — which makes them a better choice for larger amounts. Longer repayment terms result in smaller payments, but interest can add up quickly.
How does Green Dot Money compare to other short-term loan brokers?
What are the benefits and drawbacks of Green Dot Money?
- No obligation. If you don’t like the terms you’re given, you’re under no obligation to accept a contract.
- Borrow how much you want. Whether you need $100 to get by until your next paycheck or $1,000 for emergency expenses, you might find a loan to get over your financial hurdle.
- Prepaid debit cards available. Some lenders may let you choose to load your funds on a prepaid debit card for added convenience.
- High rates. Short-term loans come with high APRs — from $15 to $30 for every $100 you borrow.
- No guarantee. Green Dot Money has a large network, but it might not always be able to find you a lender.
How much does it cost to use Green Dot Money?
As with most loan-conntection services, it’s free to search for a loan through Green Dot Money. In fact, you won’t pay anything until you sign a loan contract. At that time, you’re responsible for any costs determined by your lender.
Is Green Dot Money safe to use?
Yes. Green Dot Money is legit. It complies with federal regulations when it comes to keeping your information safe. Your files are private and secure on its servers, and your personal details are shared only if it’s necessary to find you a lender.
How do I apply?
The Green Dot Money application is quick and simple. You’ll need to provide some basic information at this step and prepare to give up more once you’re connected with a lender. Here’s what you’ll need:
- You must live in one of its serviced states. Green Dot Money currently services all states and Washington, DC except: Colorado, Connecticut, Iowa, New York, Vermont, West Virginia.
- You must be at least 18 years old (or your state’s age of majority).
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
- You must have a steady source of income.
- You must have a bank account or reusable debit card.
- Personal details, including your name, date of birth, Social Security number and government-issued ID
- Contact details, including your email, phone number and home address
- Financial details, including your bank account numbers and your monthly income
If you’re in need of cash and and looking for quick funding, let Green Dot Money do the work of finding a lender for you. You may find a loan that meets your needs and helps you pay for whatever financial emergencies come your way. Consider other short-term loan brokers if you’d to compare your options.