Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Luxury Card Mastercard® Gold Card™ vs The Platinum Card® from American Express
Is Platinum worth its weight vs. Gold?
Summary of card features
Luxury Card Mastercard® Gold Card™
- 2% redemption value when you redeem points for airfare, cash back or statement credits
- Intro APR period on balance transfers
- Travel credits
- Airport lounge access
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Membership reward points. Earn 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels booked directly through Amex Travel. You can use your points toward gift cards, travel rewards, statement credit and more. If you redeem these points for the highest valued rewards, you'll get 5% back. On all other eligible purchases, you'll earn 1x points.
- Welcome offer. Get 60,000 membership rewards points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of card membership. That's up to $1,200 worth of rewards when transferred to travel partners.
- Airline fee credit. Select a qualifying airline and receive a $200 airline fee credit each year to cover incidental charges, such as checked bags or in-flight purchases.
Compare premium credit cards
Ask an Expert