Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card vs American Express® Gold Card
One offers better airline-specific perks, while the other offers superior rewards.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card is great for Delta-specific perks and has a $99 ongoing annual fee after the first year intro. The American Express® Gold Card, on the other hand, is great for rewards, and its $250 annual fee is largely offset by its annual travel credits.
The American Express® Gold Card pays superior rewards: 4x points at US supermarkets on up to $25,000 a year in purchases, then 1x points. It also offers 4x points at restaurants and 3x points on eligible flights. The Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card gives you perks such as your first checked bag free on each flight and Main Cabin 1 priority boarding.
Which card should you choose?
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card
- Priority boarding on Delta flights
- Earn Delta SkyMiles
- American Express purchase protection
- Check first bag for free
American Express® Gold Card
- Earn 4x points at restaurants. You'll also earn 4x points at US supermarkets up to 25,000 per calendar year. Earn 1x points after that and on everything else.
- A solid 35,000-point welcome offer after you spend $4,000 within your first 3 months of account opening.
- Get a great selection of travel benefits and credits, including a monthly $10 dining credit and $100 airline fee credit.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert