- Welcome offer.
Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months of card membership, and an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first card anniversary.
- Earn Delta SkyMiles.
Earn 2x miles on Delta purchases, on dining at restaurants and on US advertising at select media and US shipping purchases.
- Intro annual fee.
You’ll pay a $0 intro annual fee for the first year. Starting the second year, you’ll pay an annual fee of $99.
- Priority boarding.
The card entitles you to Main Cabin 1 priority boarding on Delta and Delta Connection flights for up to nine passengers per reservation. For everyone else, the price of priority boarding is $15.
- First checked bag free.
Save up to $50 round trip with Delta for up to nine passengers traveling on the same reservation.
- 0% foreign transaction fees.
When traveling abroad, you can use your card freely without worry of international fees on your transaction.
- 20% statement credit for in-flight purchases.
With the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card, you’ll get a statement credit equal to 20% of your in-flight Delta purchases on eligible meals, alcoholic beverages and audio headsets.
- Baggage insurance.
Pay your entire fare with the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card, and your carry-ons are insured for up to $1,250 and your checked bags for up to $500.
- Car rental insurance.
When you use your card to pay for your car rental, you’re covered against damage and theft.
How much are SkyMiles worth?
The value of SkyMiles varies based on the service or product you’re redeeming them for. To find the strongest value for your SkyMiles, divide the cash value listed next to the miles required. The higher the number, the stronger the redemption value.
Here’s what you’ll see with top redemption options:
- Redeem 35,700 SkyMiles for a $250 gift card — a value of 0.7 cents a mile.
- Redeem 26,600 miles to buy a Samsonite 20-inch carry-on worth $150 to $200 — a value of around 0.65 cents per mile.
- Redeem 258,200 miles to buy an Apple MacBook Pro worth $1,299 — a value of 0.5 cents per mile.
- Redeem 10,000 miles or more toward a $130 round-trip domestic Delta flight, plus taxes and fees — a value of 1.3 cents per mile.
Comparing products and services in Delta’s SkyMiles Marketplace, it’s clear that flights offer the highest value per mile. To make the most of your Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card, redeem your miles for airfare on future travels.
- No balance transfers.
Typically, business credit cards allow balance transfers. However, that’s not the case with Delta SkyMiles® business cards.
- Annual fee.
American Express offers an intro annual fee for your first year, but you’ll pay $99 each year after to use the card.
- Steep penalty for late payments.
You face a penalty APR of 29.99% variable on all balances if you make two or more late payments in a 12-month period, don’t pay the minimum payment by the due date or make a returned payment.
Updated February 21st, 2020
This is a decent card for small businesses whose employees are loyal to Delta Air Lines but tend to spend less than $25,000 a year on flights.
The card’s value shines when you spend on travel with Delta. You’ll earn 2x miles, avoid the costs of your first checked bag and get 20% back in statement credit for in-flight purchases. The miles you earn with the card stack with the 5x miles you earn as a SkyMiles member for a total of 7x miles. And if you reach Medallion status, you can earn even more.
If your business spends more than $25,000 on travel with Delta each year, look into the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card or compare Delta’s other business credit cards to see which fits your needs.
When you apply for the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card, you’ll provide personal and business details that include your:
- Business name and address.
- Founding date and industry type.
- Company structure and number of employees.
- Annual revenue and monthly spending.
- Federal Tax ID or Employer Identification Number.
- Personal information, including your annual income.
What credit score do I need?
Apply with a good business credit score of 670 or higher to get the lowest APR on purchases and to get a higher credit limit.
What’s my likelihood of being approved?
You have a better chance of being approved if you have a good business credit score of 670 or higher. In case you haven’t established a business credit history yet, American Express will make its decision based on your personal credit history.Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card customers love that they can get their first checked bag free and the SkyMiles they can earn.
American Express is accredited by the Better Business Bureau, which gives the company an A+ rating and 1.5 out of 5 stars based on over 180 customer reviews. On Trustpilot, the credit card company earns a meager 3.2 out of 10 rating based on over 200 customer reviews. Most complaints refer to American Express’s poor customer service, with customers unhappy with how difficult it was to receive missing statement credit and miles, issues carrying out balance transfers and problems disputing fraudulent charges.
- Click apply now.
- Complete the application with required information about you and your business.
- Confirm your information and submit the application.
American Express offers conditional approval online, which means you could see a decision in minutes if your information is accurate and complete.
How long will it take to get my Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card?
After approval, you’ll receive your card in three to four business days through UPS.
- Avoid unnecessary interest. You have a grace period of at least 25 days after the close of each billing cycle to pay off your purchases without interest.
- Manage your account online. Sign in to your account to monitor your spending, set up autopay and sign up for alerts on suspicious activity. You can also manage your expenses through the American Express® Business App or import your data directly into an existing QuickBooks account.
- Contact customer service. Get help at 1-800-528-4800 at any time. You can also contact support through an online chat feature.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card offers useful perks to loyal Delta Air Lines customers. Among them, your first checked bag is free, you’re eligible for Main Cabin 1 priority boarding and every purchase you make earns miles you can redeem for flights, seat upgrades, gift cards and more.
But if you spend more than $25,000 on Delta flights a year, consider the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card instead, which offers stronger rewards.