Pros and cons
- Financing for Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC models
- Mobile app to easily view account and make payments
- Multiple discount programs available
- Multiple end-of-lease fees
- Rates and terms aren’t listed on its website
GM Financial special discounts
- Military: Yes
- College grad: Yes
- Repeat customers: Yes
- First responders: Yes
- Accessibility equipment: Yes
GM Financial reviews and complaints
|BBB customer reviews||1.1 out of 5 stars, based on 123 customer reviews|
|BBB customer complaints||1,094 customer complaints|
|Trustpilot Score||2.9 out of 5 stars, based on 5 customer reviews|
|App Store Score||3.3 out of 5 stars, based on 733 customer reviews|
|Google Play Score||3.8 out of 5 stars, based on 2,527 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||15 October 2020|
While GM Financial has an A rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), its customers settle it with a review score of 1.1 out of 5. There are also over 1,000 complaints from the past three years, the majority of witch have to do with billing and collections. It doesn’t have a Trustpilot page, and there’s not much in the way of customer reviews for the finance program specifically outside of its BBB profile.
How to apply
GM Financial has one of the quickest applications, and it covers four manufacturers owned by the GM group.
Follow these steps to get started online:
- Visit the GM Financial website and click Apply for credit.
- Select the vehicle you want to purchase or lease.
- Enter basic information about yourself, your residence and your employment.
- Add a coapplicant, if necessary.
- Select a dealership, review your information and click Submit my credit application.
How do repayments work?
You can create an account on GM Financial’s website or app to sign up for automatic repayments or make manual repayments each month through your bank account or debit card. GM Financial also allows you to submit a payment by mail, by phone and through a third party like MoneyGram or Western Union.
There’s no information about late fees or missed payments, so check your loan contract for specific details about your account.
Compare more car loan options
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.