If you want to take control of your finances and manage your monthly bills, this card can help.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.You can be approved for the Gloss Prepaid Visa RushCard without a credit check or proof of income. You can easily manage your monthly bills and make purchases anywhere that takes Visa.
However, not to be confused with a traditional credit card, this is not a line of credit. You load the prepaid card with your own funds and then spend those funds using the card anywhere that Visa is accepted. Keep in mind, there are many fees associated with using this card.
Gloss Prepaid Visa RushCard offers two plans:
- The Unlimited plan. Allows you an unlimited number of purchases for a monthly fee of $7.95, or $5.95 if you enroll in direct deposit.
- The Pay As You Go plan. You forgo the monthly charge, but pay $1 for each purchase you make, limited to $10 per month.
It also comes with a one-time card fee of $3.95. If used properly, the Gloss Prepaid Visa RushCard can help you rebuild your credit.
- Product name. Gloss Prepaid Visa RushCard
- Issuing bank. MetaBank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc.
- Daily ATM withdrawal limit. $5,000
Fees you can expect
- One-time card fee. $3.95
- Out-of-network ATM withdrawal fee. $2.50
- Unlimited plan monthly fee. $7.95 per month
- Unlimited plan monthly fee with direct deposit. $5.95
- Pay As You Go plan. $1 per transaction (max $10 per month)
- Inactivity fee. $1.95 per month after 90 days of inactivity with the Pay As You Go plan.
- Withdrawal fee at MoneyPass ATM. $0
- Withdrawal fee at out-of-network ATM. $2.50
- Withdrawal fee from bank teller. $2.50
- Cash back from retailers withdrawal fee. $0 (or included in the $1 transaction fee)
- Reloading direct deposit fee. $0
- Reload fee for online transfers from your bank. $0
- Fee to load cash at retailers. No fee from RushCard
- ATM balance inquiry fee (out of network). $0.50
- Fee to transfer to another RushCard. $0.99
- Online Bill Pay fee. $0
- Mobile check deposit. $0 (1%-4% of check for same day option).
- Visa standards. Since it’s a Visa, the company’s website claims it meets all the Visa Clear Prepaid Standards, protecting your money.
- Mobile app. With the Gloss Prepaid Visa RushCard, you can keep track of your money right from the free mobile app.
- Safe. In general, it is safer to use a prepaid card than to carry around loose cash. Plus, RushCard has strict fraud policies, smart monitoring tools, optional text alerts and more. Your card will also be covered under the Visa Zero Liability Policy.
- Reload locations. You can reload your card at a variety of locations like Walmart and CVS. There, you can choose between a few different methods to load, like MoneyGram, Western Union, Green Dot and more. Keep in mind, there is a fee associated with loading your card this way.
- Pause protection. If you lose your card, you can feel safer with pause protection. Using your mobile app, you can temporarily pause and prevent new purchases from being made.
- Get paid faster. If you sign up for direct deposit, you can receive your paycheck or government benefits in your account up to two days faster. With direct deposit, you can say goodbye to waiting in long lines to deposit your check. Plus, as a cardholder, you will no longer have to worry about enrollment fees or check cashing charges.
- ATM network. The Gloss Prepaid Visa RushCard works at over 24,00 surcharge-free MoneyPass ATMs. However, you will incur a fee of you use an out-of-network ATM.
- Online access. Want to pay your bills online? Try RushCard’s Online Bill Pay to conveniently pay your bills. You can access your account online for things like making rent payments and paying for groceries.
- Financial counseling. MetaBank (issuer of the Gloss Prepaid Visa RushCard) offers members one-on-one credit counseling from Operation Hope.
- Customer service. RushCard offers 24-hour customer support.
- Rewards. The RushCards have a referral program that can earn you a $30 credit on your account for each friend who applies, sets up a PIN and deposits funds onto their card. You can earn up to $600 per year. You can also earn Walmart and Sam’s Club pharmacy discounts and Visa rewards from more than 90 participating retailer.
What to watch out for
- Limits. There are limits on how much money you can add, transfer or receive.
- Statement price difference. You can expect a $1 paper statement fee each time a paper copy of your statement is mailed to you.
- Fees. Watch out for fees with this card, as they can add up. Conveniently, RushCard’s website lists potential fees you can encounter with the card. Signing up for direct deposit will help you avoid some of these fees.
Am I even eligible?
To be eligible, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- At least 18 years old or 13 years old with parental consent.
- All personal information is true and correct.
- U.S. citizen or legal resident of the United States (excluding Vermont).
- Have a verifiable address (not a P.O. box).
- Agree to RushCard’s provided terms and conditions.
What information do I need to apply?
- Full name
- Social Security number
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
How to apply for the Gloss Prepaid Visa RushCard
Applying for this card is easy, fast and can be completed with the following steps:
- Go to RushCard’s main homepage and click the button that says “Get a RushCard.” There will be a place to input your email and full name.
- You’ll then be taken to the card’s application page where you enter additional personal information, choose your card design (Gloss) and choose if you want to go with the Unlimited or Pay As You Go plan.
- Agree to RushCard’s consent for the electronic disclosure of information, and submit your application.
I got the card — now what?
Once you get your card and load it with cash, you can start making purchases online, in-store and anywhere that takes Visa. The card is accepted at thousands of locations. Reload your card at places like CVS and Walmart through methods like Green Dot and MoneyGram.
You can access your account online or by using the convenient and free mobile app. Be sure you factor in the fees so you don’t overdraw on the card. If you sign up for direct deposit, that can give you some relief from the fees, and you’ll get your money faster.
If you want access to the benefits of a credit card but don’t have the credit history to be approved, the Gloss Prepaid Visa RushCard could be a helpful solution. It’s important to note that the fees can add up to be a bit more expensive than some other prepaid cards in the industry. Before choosing the Gloss Prepaid Visa RushCard, make sure to explore other credit cards.