Fixed fees for international payments coupled with excellent exchange rates.
Did you know?
GlobalWebPay does not currently offer services in the United States. If you live in the US, compare your other options to find the right international money transfer service for you.
What is GlobalWebPay?
GlobalWebPay is an online money transfer specialist offering services only in the UK. It supports international transfers 24/7, charging a fixed fee of about $6 per transfer. Because your money never leaves the banking systems of the most established banks in the region, your funds are safe with GlobalWebPay.
New users are limited to transfers of 500 GBP (about $615), which could be an issue if you’re looking to make bigger payments.
Compare GlobalWebPay to other brands
|Maximum transfers||500 GBP for new users; 10,000 GBP monthly or 2,500 GBP daily for “global users”|
|Minimum transfers||15 GBP|
|Transfer methods||Bank deposits|
|Delivery speed||From 2 hours to 3 days|
|Banking partner||Envoy Services Ltd.|
|Available currencies||All major currencies exchanged to recipient’s local currency|
|Transfer fee||Flat 4.75 GBP|
|Exchange rate||Calculates rate before payment, with quote good for 3 days|
How are GlobalWebPay’s exchange rates?
GlobalWebPay offers better exchange rates than banks for international transfers, and you’ll learn your exact rate before paying for your transfer.
GlobalWebPay first converts your money into your recipient’s local currency to avoid fees. Use its online cost calculator to find out how much you’re required to send.
How much will I pay to send with GlobalWebPay?
This one’s easy: You’ll pay a flat 4.75 GBP (about $6) on all transfers, with no commission and no hidden fees.
Which countries can I send money to with GlobalWebPay?
GlobalWebPay sends money to an astounding 205 countries, though you’ll want to first make sure that it supports transactions between your and your recipient’s specific currencies before initiating a transfer.
What type of transfer does GlobalWebPay support?
GlobalWebPay supports online bank-to-bank transfers only, and You can fund your transfer in two ways:
- Debit card. Enter your debit card information for immediate payment processing.
- Bank transfer. GlobalWebPay provides the details of local banks and a reference number to make your transfer.
How do I send money through GlobalWebPay?
Sending money with GlobalWebPay is quick and simple”
- Register your account. If you’re a first-time users, submit your full name, contact information, date of birth, phone number and email address. Create a password to log in to your account.
- Enter your recipient’s banking details. GlobalWebPay can store your recipient’s information for future transfers.
- Enter your transfer amount. Either specify how much you want to send in your own currency or the amount you want your recipient to get in their local currency.
- Pay for your transfer. Enter your debit card or bank account details.
- Track your transfer. Log in to your GlobalWebPay account to see the status of your transfer. You’ll also receive email updates at each stage.
What to look out for
GlobalWebPay accepts transfers to and from most major currencies — but not among all of them. Make sure the currency you need is covered.
In most cases, funds are available the next business day, but bank holidays can result in turnaround of up to three days.
Like many online money transfer specialists, GlobalWebPay offers fast, reliable transfers with benefits you won’t find at your local bank:
- Low flat rate. Pay 4.95 GBP for each transfer with no hidden fees.
- Transparent rates. Learn exactly how much your recipient will get before initiating your transfer.
- Secure system. GlobalWebPay works with established banks and is registered with the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority.
If you live in the UK, GlobalWebPay is a solid service that processes same-day transfers as long as they’re initiated before noon GMT. That said, there’s only a few drawbacks:
- No cash pickup. If your recipient doesn’t have a bank account, you’ll need to find another service that offers cash pickups.
- ID required for large transfers. While smaller transfers don’t require ID, you’ll need to submit proof of government-issued ID to confirm your identity for transfers of $500 or more.
- Easily subsequent transfers. GlobalWebPay stores the details of your recipient for future transfers.
- Track your transfer. Log in to your account to see the progress of your funds.
GlobalWebPay is a fast, secure and cheap way to send money to friends and family overseas.
But with services limited to residents of the UK, you’ll likely need to compare other services to find one that supports your currency or country.