Ghirardelli Chocolate officially got its start back in 1852 when Domenico Ghirardelli traveled to America and opened up a confectionary shop in San Francisco. Ever since, the world-renowned chocolate company has been a leader in the industry and a champion of innovation. In fact, Ghirardelli Square was even placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
Today, Ghirardelli Chocolate is perhaps best known for its decadent chocolate squares, which come in all sorts of delicious flavors, including white peppermint bark, salted caramel, raspberry and traditional milk and dark.
Ghirardelli Chocolate discount and coupon codes
What can I buy at Ghirardelli Chocolate?
- Individual chocolate bars. You don’t have to order a whole box to treat yourself to a yummy chocolate treat. Order single bars, bags of chocolate chips or squares just for yourself.
- Gift baskets. If you’d rather share your chocolate, Ghirardelli has a seemingly endless line of gift baskets, boxes and tins to choose from.
- Custom assortments. Not seeing exactly what you want? No problem. Choose your tin and make your own customized chocolate assortment.
- Holiday baskets. The holidays are a popular time of year to gift chocolate, so Ghirardelli offers several special gift baskets just for the occasion.
When’s the next sale?
For a limited time, Ghirardelli is running a free shipping promotion for orders totalling between $60 and $300. All orders under $60 currently ship for a flat rate of $5.
The company often offers additional promotions, so check for coupon codes and automatically applied discount codes before placing your order.
Shipping, payment and refunds
Ghirardelli currently ships to the 48 contiguous United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Note that an additional $35 shipping charge will be included in your total for most shipments outside of the 48 contiguous United States. Otherwise, shipping charges vary based on your order total:
|Order total||Standard shipping||2-day Shipping||Overnight|
|Up to $24.99||$9.95||$19.95||$26.95|
|$25.00 – $44.99||$9.95||$19.95||$27.95|
|$45.00 – $59.99||$10.95||$20.95||$28.95|
|$60.00 – $79.99||$11.95||$21.95||$29.95|
|$80.00 – $99.99||$12.95||$22.95||$30.95|
|$100.00 – $139.99||$14.95||$23.95||$31.95|
|$140.00 – $179.99||$16.95||$24.95||$32.95|
|$180.00 – $219.99||$17.95||$25.95||$33.95|
|$220.00 – $259.99||$18.95||$26.95||$34.95|
|$260.00 – $299.99||$19.95||$27.95||$35.95|
|$300.00 – $339.99||$20.95||$28.95||$36.95|
|$340.00 – $379.99||$21.50||$30.60||$40.80|
|$380.00 – $419.99||$22.95||$34.20||$45.60|
|$420.00 – $479.99||$25.20||$37.80||$50.40|
|$480.00 – $539.99||$28.80||$43.20||$57.60|
|$540.00 – $599.99||$32.40||$48.60||$64.80|
For orders of $600 or more, contact customer service for shipping information.
Ghirardelli Chocolates accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Amazon Pay and gift cards.
If you’re not entirely satisfied with your order, contact customer service at 1-800-877-9338, Option 4 for instructions on how to return your order and get a full refund.
What sets Ghirardelli Chocolate apart?
Much of what makes Ghirardelli Chocolate stand out from many of its competitors is its long history of using innovative baking techniques and providing high-quality chocolate for more than 160 years.
Additionally, Ghirardelli Chocolate is a member of the Lindt & Sprüngli group, which means that the company upholds the sustainability promise that “all products leaving its factories will live up the group’s commitment to sustainable behavior along the value chain.”
Ghirardelli also helps local public non-profit organizations by offering donations of chocolate products.
Pros and cons
- Regular promotions and special gifts. Ghirardelli runs promotions and special offers quite frequently, so you might be able to snag a free hot chocolate tin or even free shipping with your order.
- Save when you order business direct. Get a discount on bulk business orders, and resellers are tax exempt.
- Affordable gifts. While you can certainly splurge and spend hundreds on chocolate baskets, Ghirardelli also offers plenty of very affordable options.
- Shipping can be pricey. Unless you’re ordering during a free shipping promotion, you’ll pay pricey shipping fees, especially for large orders.
Ghirardelli Chocolate comes with a 160-year history of chocolate greatness, plus generally offers reasonable prices and plenty of promotions to help you save even more. If you love chocolate but haven’t tried Ghirardelli yet, you could be missing out!
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Get up to 90% off popular brands through ThredUp, a secondhand clothing website. Here’s what you need to know before you start shopping.
Zebit – Buy Now & Pay Over Time review
Purchase items you need over six months with no interest or fees, but be aware of the drawbacks. Zebit allows financing through its credit line for purchases made on its site.
Chase Business Complete Banking review
This Chase business checking account has built-in card acceptance using a smartphone card reader.
Shopify vs. Amazon
Comparing Shopify and Amazon? Here’s how these platforms measure up.
Living DNA review
Costs, pros and cons, and a breakdown of the 4 test kits offered. Find out if Living DNA is right for you and compare it to other DNA testing services.
How does Ibotta work?
Is Ibotta worth it? Learn how it uses your personal information.
23andMe is a DNA testing kit that helps you understand your ethnicity, pinpoint medical risks and find distant relatives.
Green Dot Unlimited review
A digital bank account featuring 2% cash back on purchases, 2% APY on savings and free cash deposits.
Comprehensive payment processing for restaurants, retailers and golf facilities.
States with the strictest driving laws
If you’re relaxed behind the wheel, you’ll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Ask an Expert