We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Gap promo codes
Classic American style with a modern edge.
This well-known clothing retailer started with a single store in 1969. Now, the clothing giant has five major fashion brands — Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta and Intermix — and is known across the globe for its classic, timeless styles.
Popular Gap coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|1 May 2018||Shop Gap kids & baby always on essentials tee||********|
|1 May 2018||Free Shipping on Denim||********|
|1 May 2018||Shop Men's Khakis||********|
|20 Apr 2018||FREE shipping on orders of $50 or more||********|
|29 Nov 2019||50% off everythig||********|
What can I buy at Gap?
- Women’s. Find blouses, jeans, skirts and outerwear in classic styles, cuts and colors for women. Be on the lookout for plaid and denim styles, which they’re famous for.
- Men’s. Gap can be your one-stop shop for men’s jeans, casual shirts, sweaters and dress shirts.
- Fitness. The GapFit line has the perfect active apparel for all levels of activity — whether you’re into yoga, barre, weight-lifting or running.
- Maternity. Who says maternity clothing can’t be super stylish? With Gap Maternity, you don’t have to sacrifice your style for comfort.
- Shoes. Step into the latest footwear fashion trends when you browse through the men’s, women’s and kids’ shoe selection at Gap.
- Girls’, boys’ and baby. Dress the whole family with adorable kids’, toddler and infant clothing and shoes from Gap.
How do I use my promo code?
Shipping, delivery and payments
Can I get free delivery?
Yes. When your order total is $50 or more, you’ll earn free standard shipping.
You have a few different shipping options if your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping, or if you’d like it to arrive faster.
|Shipping method||Shipping cost||Delivery speed|
|Standard (orders of $50 or more)||FREE||5 to 7 business days|
|Standard (orders less than $50)||$7||3 to 5 business days|
|Expedited||$17||2 to 3 business days|
|Next day||$22||1 business day|
How can I track my order?
You should get an email from Gap as soon as your order ships. Click the link to view its tracking details.
Alternatively, you can log into your Gap account online and click on Orders and returns. From there, select the order you want to track to view its shipping details.
Pay for your Gap online order using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, Diner’s Club or a gift card.
You can also redeem RewardsCards, which rewards members can earn when they shop at Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta and Old Navy. To redeem rewards points at Gap:
- When you’re finished shopping, scroll to the payments section of the checkout screen.
- Type the 12-character rewards code in the appropriate field, exactly as it appears on the card.
- Click Apply.
- If you want to redeem more than one RewardsCard, follow steps 1-3 for each additional card.
What is Gap’s return policy?
Most items can be returned to Gap within 45 days of purchase. Returns and exchanges are free as long as you use your prepaid return shipping label that came with your order. You can also always return items for free to your local Gap store.
A few items cannot be returned:
- Worn or used items
- Final sale items
- Swimwear that does not have original price tag and hygienic liner intact
- Sunglasses that do not have the original case and price tag intact
Can I exchange my item for a different size or color?
Yes, exchanges fall under the same policies as return items and are accepted within 45 days of the purchase date.
Are Gap returns free?
Yes, as long as you use the pre-paid shipping label that came with your order. If you can’t find your label, you can print out a new one through Gap’s interactive returns process online.
How do I return an item to Gap?
You can return your Gap item(s) to your local store, or by mail. To mail in your return, follow these steps:
- Find the pre-paid shipping label that should have come with your original shipping invoice. If you can’t find this, print out a new one through Gap’s interactive returns process online.
- Complete the return shipping invoice, then package it with your return item(s) in its original packaging if possible.
- Attach the return shipping label to the outside of the box, making sure any other barcodes are covered up.
- Mail your package via USPS or UPS.
Gap’s returns address
Use your pre-paid shipping label for free returns with Gap. This will already include the correct returns address. If you can’t find it, you can print out a new one online.
When’s the next sale?
Gap offers frequent savings throughout the year, especially around the holidays. You can also usually snag a great deal when you shop Gap Factory.
Another way to save is to apply for Gap’s rewards credit card. Card users enjoy an extra 10% off their order every time they shop at Gap and Gap Factory, as well as exclusive events and sales, special bonus points shopping days and free online shipping (Silver card only).
If you want to stay in the loop about the latest deals and sales for all your favorite stores, sign up for Finder’s deals newsletter and get the best deals delivered right to your inbox!
What sets Gap apart?
Gap’s clothing has a timeless charm to it that’s hard to find from other retailers. In addition to its classic style, Gap also gives back to the community in various ways throughout the year. For example, Gap is currently donating $1 to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America when shoppers choose the after-Christmas “Give Back” free shipping option.
Pros and cons
- Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Save a few extra bucks on shipping when you spend at least $50.
- Lots of sizing options. Most Gap styles come in a wide range of sizes, with women’s pants available in sizes 00 to 20. Gap Maternity also offers special sizing for maximum comfort.
- Generous donations. Gap has a long-term partnership with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America and has donated $10 million to the cause so far.
- Steep prices. If you’re shopping on a tight budget, you might need to wait for a sale to come around at Gap.
Gap has a long history of delivering high-quality clothing items in a classic American style. If you’re a jeans-and-tee type of guy or gal and you love a company that gives back through charitable donations, Gap could be right up your alley.
Common questions about Gap
Ask an Expert