Gap clothing perfects that classic American style with a modern edge.
What is Gap?
Gap, Inc. started with a single store in 1969 on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco that founders Doris and Don Fisher opened when they couldn’t find a pair of jeans that fit. Now, the clothing giant has five major fashion brands — Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta and Intermix — and operates in 90 countries worldwide.
Gap discount and coupon codes for February 2018
What can I buy at Gap?
- Women’s. Find blouses, jeans, skirts and outerwear in classic styles, cuts and colors for women. Be on the lookout for plaid and denim styles, which they’re famous for.
- Men’s. Gap can be your one-stop shop for men’s jeans, casual shirts, sweaters and dress shirts.
- Fitness. The GapFit line has the perfect active apparel for all levels of activity — whether you’re into yoga, barre, weight-lifting or running.
- Maternity. Who says maternity clothing can’t be super stylish? With Gap Maternity, you don’t have to sacrifice your style for comfort.
- Shoes. Step into the latest footwear fashion trends when you browse through the men’s, women’s and kids’ shoe selection at Gap.
- Girls’, boys’ and baby. Dress the whole family with adorable kids’, toddler and infant clothing and shoes from Gap.
Shipping, payment and refunds
|Shipping method||Shipping cost||Delivery speed|
|Standard (orders of $50 or more)||FREE||5 to 7 business days|
|Standard (orders less than $50)||$7||3 to 5 business days|
|Expedited||$17||2 to 3 business days|
|Next day||$22||1 business day|
Pay for your Gap online order using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, Diner’s Club or a gift card.
Returns and exchanges are free as long as you use your prepaid return shipping label that came with your order, or you can return in-store within 45 days of purchase.
When’s the next sale?
Gap offers frequent savings throughout the year, especially around the holidays. You can also usually snag a great deal when you shop Gap Factory.
What sets Gap apart?
Gap’s clothing has a timeless charm to it that’s hard to find from other retailers. In addition to its classic style, Gap also gives back to the community in various ways throughout the year. For example, Gap is currently donating $1 to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America when shoppers choose the after-Christmas “Give Back” free shipping option.
Pros and cons
- Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Save a few extra bucks on shipping when you spend at least $50.
- Lots of sizing options. Most Gap styles come in a wide range of sizes, with women’s pants available in sizes 00 to 20. Gap Maternity also offers special sizing for maximum comfort.
- Generous donations. Gap has a long-term partnership with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America and has donated $10 million to the cause so far.
- Steep prices. If you’re shopping on a tight budget, you might need to wait for a sale to come around at Gap.
Gap has a long history of delivering high-quality clothing items in a classic American style. If you’re a jeans-and-tee type of guy or gal and you love a company that gives back through charitable donations, Gap could be right up your alley.