Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Gap promo codes
Best deal: Up to 50% off men's and women's fashion
This well-known clothing retailer started with a single store in 1969. Now, the clothing giant has five major fashion brands — Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta and Intermix — and is known across the globe for its classic, timeless styles.
Popular Gap coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|16 Sep 2020||Up to 50% off men's and women's fashion||********|
|1 May 2018||Shop Gap kids & baby always on essentials tee||********|
|1 May 2018||Free Shipping on Denim||********|
|1 May 2018||Shop Men's Khakis||********|
|20 Apr 2018||FREE shipping on orders of $50 or more||********|
What can I buy at Gap?
- Women’s. Find blouses, jeans, skirts and outerwear in classic styles, cuts and colors for women. Be on the lookout for plaid and denim styles, which they’re famous for.
- Men’s. Gap can be your one-stop shop for men’s jeans, casual shirts, sweaters and dress shirts.
- Fitness. The GapFit line has the perfect active apparel for all levels of activity — whether you’re into yoga, barre, weight-lifting or running.
- Maternity. Who says maternity clothing can’t be super stylish? With Gap Maternity, you don’t have to sacrifice your style for comfort.
- Shoes. Step into the latest footwear fashion trends when you browse through the men’s, women’s and kids’ shoe selection at Gap.
- Girls’, boys’ and baby. Dress the whole family with adorable kids’, toddler and infant clothing and shoes from Gap.
How do I use my promo code?
Shipping, delivery and payments
Can I get free delivery?
Yes. When your order total is $50 or more, you’ll earn free standard shipping.
You have a few different shipping options if your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping, or if you’d like it to arrive faster.
|Shipping method||Shipping cost||Delivery speed|
|Standard (orders of $50 or more)||FREE||5 to 7 business days|
|Standard (orders less than $50)||$7||3 to 5 business days|
|Expedited||$17||2 to 3 business days|
|Next day||$22||1 business day|
How can I track my order?
You should get an email from Gap as soon as your order ships. Click the link to view its tracking details.
Alternatively, you can log into your Gap account online and click on Orders and returns. From there, select the order you want to track to view its shipping details.
Pay for your Gap online order using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, Diner’s Club or a gift card.
You can also redeem RewardsCards, which rewards members can earn when they shop at Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta and Old Navy. To redeem rewards points at Gap:
- When you’re finished shopping, scroll to the payments section of the checkout screen.
- Type the 12-character rewards code in the appropriate field, exactly as it appears on the card.
- Click Apply.
- If you want to redeem more than one RewardsCard, follow steps 1-3 for each additional card.
What is Gap’s return policy?
Most items can be returned to Gap within 45 days of purchase. Returns and exchanges are free as long as you use your prepaid return shipping label that came with your order. You can also always return items for free to your local Gap store.
A few items cannot be returned:
- Worn or used items
- Final sale items
- Swimwear that does not have original price tag and hygienic liner intact
- Sunglasses that do not have the original case and price tag intact
Can I exchange my item for a different size or color?
Yes, exchanges fall under the same policies as return items and are accepted within 45 days of the purchase date.
Are Gap returns free?
Yes, as long as you use the pre-paid shipping label that came with your order. If you can’t find your label, you can print out a new one through Gap’s interactive returns process online.
How do I return an item to Gap?
You can return your Gap item(s) to your local store, or by mail. To mail in your return, follow these steps:
- Find the pre-paid shipping label that should have come with your original shipping invoice. If you can’t find this, print out a new one through Gap’s interactive returns process online.
- Complete the return shipping invoice, then package it with your return item(s) in its original packaging if possible.
- Attach the return shipping label to the outside of the box, making sure any other barcodes are covered up.
- Mail your package via USPS or UPS.
Gap’s returns address
Use your pre-paid shipping label for free returns with Gap. This will already include the correct returns address. If you can’t find it, you can print out a new one online.
When’s the next sale?
Gap offers frequent savings throughout the year, especially around the holidays. You can also usually snag a great deal when you shop Gap Factory.
Another way to save is to apply for Gap’s rewards credit card. Card users enjoy an extra 10% off their order every time they shop at Gap and Gap Factory, as well as exclusive events and sales, special bonus points shopping days and free online shipping (Silver card only).
If you want to stay in the loop about the latest deals and sales for all your favorite stores, sign up for Finder’s deals newsletter and get the best deals delivered right to your inbox!
What sets Gap apart?
Gap’s clothing has a timeless charm to it that’s hard to find from other retailers. In addition to its classic style, Gap also gives back to the community in various ways throughout the year. For example, Gap is currently donating $1 to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America when shoppers choose the after-Christmas “Give Back” free shipping option.
Pros and cons
- Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Save a few extra bucks on shipping when you spend at least $50.
- Lots of sizing options. Most Gap styles come in a wide range of sizes, with women’s pants available in sizes 00 to 20. Gap Maternity also offers special sizing for maximum comfort.
- Generous donations. Gap has a long-term partnership with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America and has donated $10 million to the cause so far.
- Steep prices. If you’re shopping on a tight budget, you might need to wait for a sale to come around at Gap.
Gap has a long history of delivering high-quality clothing items in a classic American style. If you’re a jeans-and-tee type of guy or gal and you love a company that gives back through charitable donations, Gap could be right up your alley.
Common questions about Gap
More guides on finder
This eco-friendly bank plants one tree for every $60 spent. Plus, 80% of its profits go to reforestation.
CDC says Black Friday lines are out, but online sales are already on
Forget chasing crowds after the big meal. This year, you can shop holiday discounts before you’ve even gobbled down the last piece of Halloween candy.
Top made-in-USA flag companies
We verify these companies that manufacture flags and flag poles on American soil.
Is supplemental disability insurance right for me?
If you’re concerned your group disability insurance won’t replace enough of your income if you experience a disability, you can buy supplemental disability insurance.
Made in USA cookware
From cast iron skillets to stainless steel stew pots, whimsical bundt pans and more, support American manufacturing when you buy cookware produced in the US.
Shopify vs. Amazon
Comparing Shopify and Amazon? Here’s how these platforms measure up.
Walmart+ review: Benefits, drawbacks and is it worth it?
Here’s what you need to know about Walmart’s new membership service, from its free delivery options to all the in-store perks.
Nationwide Interest Checking account review
No minimum balance is required, but the APY isn’t competitive with other online banks.
What to expect from Walmart’s Big Save Event
Get ready to shop Walmart’s upcoming Big Save Event to rival Amazon Prime Day, offering discounts on everything from cute winter dresses to Roku products.
What to expect from Target’s Deal Days sale
Save big on Target products with the upcoming Deal Days sale, featuring discounts on everything from electronics to hot tubs to rival Amazon Prime Day.
Ask an Expert