Here’s everything you need to know about GameStop — including exclusive deals on games, consoles, accessories, and more.
If you’re looking for a one-stop shop for video games, electronics, collectibles, and more, GameStop could be one of your best bets. The company was founded over 30 years ago and has been keeping gamers updated with the newest products ever since.
To help you navigate the GameStop website, let’s take a look at what you’ll find there.
GameStop Codes & Coupons
Frequently asked questions
Can I pick up my online orders at GameStop stores?
Oftentimes, you will be able to pick up your online order at a local GameStop, especially if you’re buying a new release. If you’re buying pre-owned products (especially items like retro games or accessories), your local store might not have them in stock. In that case, you’ll need to have those products shipped to you.
Can I pre-order games and consoles?
Yes. Pre-ordering ensures you’ll have access to new games or consoles as soon as they’re released and that your products won’t be sold out before you can buy them.
If my product is damaged, can I still trade it in?
If your product is damaged, you might still be able to trade it in. For example, GameStop does accept broken or dead electronics like tablets and smartphones. You might also be able to trade in games, consoles, and accessories in less-than-prime condition, but you might not receive full value for your trade in. If you’re unsure, it’s best to ask a representative at your local GameStop store.
Can I get a refund for my PowerUp Rewards Pro membership?
Yes; you can get a refund for your Pro membership if you return your card to a GameStop store within 7 days of purchase.
What consoles does GameStop offer?
GameStop stocks all of the current- and previous-generation consoles, as well as games and accessories for those consoles.
Beyond individual consoles, you can also find console bundles with GameStop-exclusive bonuses, such as:
If you’re looking for a dose of nostalgia, you can also find vintage consoles (and accessories and games for them), including:
|Vintage consoles include:|
|Super Nintendo System||Nintendo NES System||Nintendo DS|
|GameBoy Advance||PlayStation 2||PlayStation|
|Xbox||Sega Saturn||Sega Dreamcast|
Video games at GameStop
Whichever game you’re looking for, you’ll very likely find it at GameStop (in both new and used conditions). The store has games for all of the consoles mentioned above, including bestsellers and games just over the horizon.
The Best Sellers and Coming Soon sections are among the most popular at GameStop.
- Best Sellers: The fastest-selling games and accessories at GameStop.
- Coming Soon: Here you’ll find highly anticipated products (games, consoles, collector’s editions, etc.) that will be released soon. You can pre-order these products and pick them up in-store as soon as they’re available.
You can browse games based on genre as well. You’ll find games in these categories:
|Action||Assassin’s Creed, Dishonored, The Legend of Zelda, etc.|
|Fighting||BlazBlue, Street Fighter, Tekken, etc.|
|Music & Party||Guitar Hero, Mario Party, Just Dance, etc.|
|Role-Playing||Final Fantasy, The Elder Scrolls, Dragon Quest, etc.|
|Shooter||Call of Duty, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc.|
|Simulation||The Sims, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Minecraft, etc.|
|Strategy||Halo Wars, Pikmin, XCOM, etc.|
|Sports||NBA 2K, Madden NFL, FIFA, etc.|
Other products at GameStop
Beyond video games and consoles, you’ll find a variety of other products at GameStop — much of which will appeal to gamers and electronics enthusiasts.
GameStop is an excellent place to find accessories for your consoles. The store’s accessory categories include:
- Batteries and chargers
- Cables and adaptors
- Headset and mics
- Strategy guides
- Storage and cases
Recently, virtual reality has become a promising technology in gaming. If you’d like to try out virtual reality, GameStop offers all of the equipment you might need, as well as games and accessories.
You can find VR headsets, including:
- PlayStation VR
- HTC Vive
- Razer OSVR HDK2
- Samsung Gear VR
- Merge VR Controller
VR-compatible games at GameStop include titles such as:
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
- EVE: Valkyrie VR
- Batman: Arkham VR
- DriveClub VR
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Gran Turismo Sport
- Tekken 7
You can also find accessories like controllers, charge stations, cameras, and storage cases.
GameStop has a sizable video game, movie, and TV collectibles section, including:
- GameStop-exclusive collectibles
- POP! products (figurines, keychains, etc.)
- ThinkGeek products (figurines, apparel, equipment, etc.)
- Card and board games
- Cups and mugs
- Apparel (hats, T-shirts, jackets, costumes, etc.)
- In-game currency (NBA 2K, Destiny, Call of Duty, etc.)
- Season passes (pre-order upcoming downloadable content)
- Digital gift cards (Xbox Live memberships, PlayStation Store gift cards, Nintendo eShop digital cards, etc.)
- Wearables (Apple Watch, Samsung Galaxy Gear, etc.)
- Media players
- Accessories (headphones, earbuds, cases, etc.)
- Toys-to-life figures (Amiibo, Disney Infinity, Skylanders, etc.)
- Free-to-play games
- Gaming furniture
- Racing wheels
- Hard drives
- Game capture devices
PowerUp Rewards is GameStop’s membership program. The two membership levels are Basic and Pro.
As a PowerUp Rewards member, you’ll earn points when you spend at GameStop. You can redeem these points for rewards like collectibles, toys, reward certificates, digital currency, and more. As a Pro member you’ll also receive discounts and special offers.
With the Basic membership (free), you’ll get:
- 10 points for every dollar you spend at GameStop (gift card spending not eligible)
- A birthday gift each year
- Points when you play games and buy Kreds at Kongregate.com (which is owned by GameStop)
With the Pro membership ($14.99/year), you’ll get:
- 20 points for every dollar you spend at GameStop (gift card spending not eligible)
- A birthday gift each year
- Points when you play games and buy Kreds at Kongregate.com
- 20 points per dollar for each item you trade in
- 10% bonus credit for trading in games or accessories
- 10% discount on pre-owned games and accessories
- “Buy 2 get 1 free”offer when buying pre-owned games
- Pro membership offers each month
- 300-point bonus for getting a Pro membership or renewing your Pro membership
- 12-month subscription to Game Informer magazine
How to become a member
You can become a PowerUp Rewards member by signing up at a GameStop store. To join, you’ll need to meet these requirements:
- Be at least 13 years of age
- Be a legal resident of the United States
- Have an email address and mailing address
If you’re looking to get games, consoles, electronics, and more at a discount, consider buying pre-owned through GameStop. GameStop accepts used products from customers, ensures they’re in working condition, and resells them at a discounted price.
Pre-owned products at GameStop are typically 10% cheaper than buying new (20% cheaper for Pro members), and you have a 7-day window to return any pre-owned product for a refund if you don’t like it. As long as you’re okay with your games or consoles not being factory-new, buying pre-owned is a great option — especially considering GameStop inspects pre-owned products before reselling them.
You can find a variety of pre-owned products for sale at the GameStop website, including:
- Current- and previous-generation consoles
- Electronics (smartwatches, smartphones, tablets, etc.)
Free in-store pickup
You can save on shipping by picking up pre-owned products at a local GameStop store. Just select the Pick Up At Store option while you’re ordering online.
Trade in pre-owned games, electronics, consoles and accessories for store credit or cash
To build inventory to resell, GameStop offers store credit and cash for pre-owned items. If you have any products you don’t need or want anymore, you can trade them in at GameStop.
GameStop’s website has a Trade Values section, where you can see what your games, electronics, consoles, or accessories are worth. Type the name of your product into the search bar, and you’ll find your product’s value in the form of trade credit and cash. You’ll typically get a higher value if you trade your product for credit; however, you can only use the credit at GameStop.
You’ll also find Current Trade Offers in the Trade Values section. Here you’ll see special deals for trading in your products. For example, you may find deals for extra credit or guaranteed credit when you trade your products for promoted games and consoles at GameStop.