Gabi car insurance review 2022
This service helps you shop for the lowest price, but it doesn't compare every insurance company.
finder.com's rating: 4 / 5
- Get a quote if you want to save time on getting car insurance quotes
- Pick something else if you can’t get quote from your preferred companies.
- Those who bundle insurance policies stand to save the most
|States served||All states except AK HI DC|
|New car protection||Optional|
|Pay schedule||Depends on provider|
|Claims methods||Depends on provider|
Depends on provider
Depends on provider
- Licensed broker
- Quick quotes
- Bundling discounts
- Convenient account management
- Personal advisors
- Not direct insurance
- Access only to Gabi partners
- Customer experience varies by provider
- Brand new company
- Requires current account info
|Anti-theft device discount||Depends on provider|
|Bundling discount||Depends on provider|
|Defensive driving discount||Depends on provider|
|Good student discount||Depends on provider|
|Loyalty discount||Depends on provider|
|Homeowner discount||Depends on provider|
|Military discount||Depends on provider|
|Safety device discount||Depends on provider|
|Special employment discount||Depends on provider|
|Usage-based discount||Depends on provider|
How to get a free car insurance quote with Gabi
Gabi makes it easy to find a cheaper quote for the same coverage you have now. Connect your current insurance accounts so that Gabi can use your current coverage and bill to match you with cheaper companies in minutes.
- Create an account with your email and phone number (don’t worry, you won’t be spammed).
- Enter your personal details, driving record and car details.
- Add info about your current coverage and current insurance company.
- Provide your insurer’s online account information or upload a PDF of the policy declaration page.
- View your quotes with similar coverage and update as needed. Then, choose a company that appeals to you.
- Receive your finalized quote and savings after Gabi checks your driving record.
- Start your policy and enter your payment info.
What info do I need to apply?
Before you apply, gather the following:
- Name, address and email
- Current insurer’s name
- Your current policy account information or declarations page in PDF form
- Driver’s license number
- Vehicle make, model and license plate or VIN
- Driving record
- Coverage needs
- Bank account or credit card information
What discounts and perks does Gabi offer?
The benefit of using Gabi is that you can find low rates for one or more policies, saving customers an average of $961 a year. Its features offer convenience and personal support during the quoting process.
- Policy bundling. Connect with multiple types of insurance and Gabi helps you find the best rates or discounts separately or in a bundled package.
- Insurance advisors. Confused or have a pressing question? Let a personal advisor walk you through coverage once you’ve applied for a policy.
- Policy management. Access and manage your policies through your Gabi account.
- Online proof of insurance. View your insurance documents online while you’re waiting for an official copy to come in the mail.
Gabi insurance reviews and complaints
Gabi is a broker and a new company with four years of insurance service under its belt. So you won’t see many ratings on sites like the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot that offer feedback for insurance companies.
Gabi is rated with a A+ from the BBB because it’s received six complaints filed against the business. Customers also score the company with a 1.88 out of 5 stars on the BBB site. Most complaints focus on customers getting quotes for a low rate and then finding that the actual premium is higher as they finish the application with the insurance company.
On the other hand, customers on forums praise Gabi for saving them both time and money on shopping for insurance quotes. Customers often find high savings when shopping for multiple insurance policies at once. Customers also like that Gabi provides advisers to answer their questions and help with switching insurance companies.
Our star ratings for Gabi, explained
Our car insurance experts rate Gabi above average because of its ability to save customers significantly on their car insurance. We also like that you can choose a company based on the coverage you need, whether that’s covering the basics or buying wide coverage with high limits and add-ons. But the company’s average to below-average customer ratings hurt its overall score.
|AM Best financial rating||NR|
|Customer reviews verified as of||28 June 2021|
Alternatives to Gabi
Check how Gabi’s features and recommended insurer compares to other insurance companies, and select Get quotes to see your rates.
What car insurance coverage does Gabi offer?
Gabi can help you find coverage from insurance brands, so the exact coverage will depend on the brand. Gabi’s partners offer a variety of choices including:
- Property damage liability. Pays vehicle or property damage in an at-fault accident.
- Bodily injury liability. Covers medical needs and legal expenses if others get hurt in an accident you cause.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Helps you cover repairs and medical bills when the other driver doesn’t carry enough insurance to pay.
- Personal injury protection (PIP). Includes coverage for medical bills and, in some states, lost wages, child care or funeral expenses. Applies regardless of fault to you or your passengers.
- Collision. Covers repairs to your own car or buying a new one, if needed.
- Comprehensive. Helps in accidents that don’t involve another vehicle, such as hitting an animal, fire, theft or vandalism.
Pros and cons of Gabi car insurance
Gabi helps you find the best deal for the car insurance and other policies you need, but it doesn’t provide quotes for all national and local insurance companies.
Find the best value on multiple insurance policies, whether you can bundle with one insurer or find a better deal with separate companies.
- Licensed broker. Because Gabi works directly with partners as a broker, the company isn’t out to sell your sensitive information.
- Quick comparisons. The company boasts that it compares up to 40 quotes for you in two minutes or less.
- Finds the cheapest rates for multiple types of insurance. Gabi’s intuitive technology pairs your insurance needs together to find bundling options—then compares that alongside individual policies for the best price.
- Convenient online account. See all of your policies and manage coverage, drivers or vehicles in one location — even if you bought multiple policies with different companies.
- Insurance advisers. Get in touch with the company to ask questions or make a claim via email, chat or with a personal advisor once you’ve chosen a policy.
Your experience with buying insurance through Gabi will vary based on the companies it recommends, and Gabi doesn’t compare all insurance companies in the market.
- Customer experience varies. Your experience depends on your provider. A highly satisfied Gabi customer doesn’t mean that you won’t have trouble with a provider you choose.
- Prices can change. As you finalize your policy with an insurance company, your quote can change, sometimes leaving you with lower savings than you originally thought.
- New company. With only a few years under its belt, Gabi may need more time to prove itself in the insurance field. However, it does have an A++ rating with AM Best.
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team ranks insurers from one to five stars by analyzing key factors that include customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims and support. Our star ratings are designed to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.
Sarah George is an insurance writer at Finder who’s penned over 400 articles, unraveling complicated topics about car, home and life insurance. Her insurance know-how has been featured in online publications, including Breeze, CBS, CNET and Reviews.com, as well as Finder’s YouTube channel. Sarah is working to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance (CEPF).
Gabi is essentially a smart insurance shopping tool from a broker that’s licensed in 50 states. The company uses intuitive technology to match you with a policy that has the coverage you need at the lowest price possible.
Its best feature is that you can get quotes for multiple policies at the same time. Gabi then helps you find a bundled deal with either one company or separate companies, whichever offers the lowest price.
Plus as an insurance broker, Gabi still offers personalized support through insurance advisers, answering questions and assisting with switching your insurance. However, Gabi doesn’t work with all local and national insurers. So you may want to get quotes from your preferred companies if a quote from them isn’t available through Gabi.
If you want to save time when shopping for car insurance, Gabi can help you, while potentially saving you hundreds of dollars on premiums.