Gabi car insurance review
Shop and manage the best valued coverage in under two minutes.
finder.com's rating: 4.5 / 5
- Get a quote if you like saving time and money while shopping for car insurance.
- Pick something else if you prefer doing your own comparisons.
- Drivers of all kinds can find providers.
New car protection
|States served||All 50 states|
|New car protection||Optional|
|Pay schedule||Depends on provider|
|Claims methods||Depends on provider|
|Rideshare coverage||Depends on provider|
Depends on provider
- Licensed broker
- Quick quotes
- Bundling discounts
- Convenient account management
- Personal advisors
- Not direct insurance
- Access only to Gabi partners
- Customer experience varies by provider
- Brand new company
- Requires current account info
|Anti-theft device discount||Depends on provider|
|Bundling discount||Depends on provider|
|Defensive driving discount||Depends on provider|
|Good student discount||Depends on provider|
|Loyalty discount||Depends on provider|
|Homeowner discount||Depends on provider|
|Military discount||Depends on provider|
|Safety device discount||Depends on provider|
|Special employment discount||Depends on provider|
|Usage-based discount||Depends on provider|
Sarah George is a writer at Finder who unravels complicated topics about insurance, business and finance. She's been wordsmithing for nearly five years, after earning an English education degree. Her insurance know-how has been featured on CarInsurance.com. You can usually find Sarah sipping hot tea and talking through movie plots in her downtime.
Gabi uses intuitive technology, experienced advisors and your coverage information to find the best insurance it can offer through its provider network. But local insurers often aren’t in that network, which means you won’t see all your options.
If you’re looking to save time when shopping for car insurance, Gabi can help. But if you’re willing to put in the legwork, you can widen your search by comparing providers on your own and purchasing directly from your favorite insurer.
What insurance coverage does Gabi offer?
Gabi is essentially a smart shopping tool from a broker licensed in 50 states. It can help you find coverage at lets you compare prices. Its partners offer a variety of coverage, including:
- Property damage liability. Pays vehicle or property damage in an at-fault accident.
- Bodily injury liability. Covers medical needs and legal expenses if others get hurt in an accident you cause.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Helps you cover repairs and medical bills when the other driver doesn’t carry enough insurance to pay.
- Personal injury protection (PIP). Includes coverage for medical bills and, in some states, lost wages, child care or funeral expenses. Applies regardless of fault to you or your passengers.
- Collision. Covers repairs to your own car or buying a new one, if needed.
- Comprehensive. Helps in accidents that don’t involve another vehicle, such as hitting an animal, fire, theft or vandalism.
What extra discounts and benefits does Gabi offer?
This service keeps things simple with limited benefits and discounts, including:
- Policy bundling. Connect with multiple types of insurance and Gabi helps you find the best rates or discounts separately or in a bundled package.
- Insurance advisors. Confused or have a pressing question? Let a personal advisor walk you through coverage once you’ve applied for a policy.
- Policy management. Access and manage your policies through your Gabi account.
- Online proof of insurance. View your insurance documents online while you’re waiting for an official copy to come in the mail.
Pros and cons of Gabi car insurance
- Licensed broker. Because Gabi works directly with partners as a broker, the company isn’t out to sell your sensitive information.
- Quick comparisons. The company boasts that it compares up to 20 quotes for you in two minutes or less.
- Bundling discounts. Gabi’s intuitive technology pairs your insurance needs together to find bundling options—then compares that alongside individual policies for the best price.
- Convenient online account. See all your policies and manage coverage, drivers or vehicles in one location.
- Insurance advisors. Get in touch with the company to ask questions or make a claim via email, chat or with a personal advisor once you’ve chosen a policy.
- Not direct insurance. Gabi doesn’t offer insurance products directly, meaning you’ll have to work with a different company to receive paid benefits.
- Works only with Gabi providers. The company uses a variety of providers, but may not search through all the available options, especially local providers.
- Customer experience varies. Your experience depends on your provider. A highly satisfied Gabi customers doesn’t mean you won’t have trouble with a provider you choose.
- New company. With only a few years under its belt, Gabi may need more time to prove itself in the insurance field. However, it does have an A++ rating with AM Best.
How to apply for Gabi car insurance
You can get started and receive a policy through Gabi in minutes:
- Create an account with your email and phone number (don’t worry, you won’t be spammed).
- Enter your personal details, driving record and car details.
- Add info about your current coverage and current insurance company.
- Provide your insurer’s online account information or upload a PDF of the policy declaration page.
- View your preliminary quotes with similar coverage or update your desired coverage.
- Confirm your information and choose a provider.
- Receive your finalized quote and savings after Gabi checks your driving record.
- Start your policy and choose your payment info.
What info do I need to apply?
Before you apply, gather the following:
- Name, address and email
- Current insurer’s name
- Your current policy account information or declarations page in PDF form
- Driver’s license number
- Vehicle make, model and license plate or VIN
- Driving record
- Coverage needs
- Bank account or credit card information
How do I contact Gabi?
Although the company doesn’t handle your policy directly, you can still reach out with questions about its service or your coverage. Like a broker, Gabi promises it can help you negotiate with your insurer unless you’d prefer to work with them directly. Talk with a Gabi representative through:
- Email. Send an online note to Gabi advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chat. Message a company representative while you’re logged into your Gabi account.
- Personal advisor. Contact the advisor you were matched with after moving forward with a policy.
Alternatives to Gabi
Frequently asked questions about Gabi
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team ranks insurers from one to five stars by analyzing key factors that include customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims and support. Our star ratings are designed to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.