You only need fair credit to qualify, but its not the fastest option out there.
|Product Name||Funding Circle Business Loans|
|Minimum Loan Term||0.5 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||5 years|
|Requirements||620+ personal credit score, 2+ years in business, for-profit business in an approved industry|
- Credit score of 620+
- 2+ years in business
- Must be a for-profit in an approved industry
- No criminal record or bankruptcies in the past 7 years
- Must have payment plan for tax liens of $5,000+
First, do I qualify?
You’re eligible to apply for a business loan with Funding Circle if you meet the following criteria:
- Personal credit score of at least 620
- Business is at least two years old
- No criminal record and no bankruptcies in the past seven years
- For-profit business in an approved industry
- Have a plan for paying off tax liens of $5,000 or more
You won’t be eligible if your business is in one of Funding Circle’s restricted industries.
What makes Funding Circle business loans unique?
As a peer-to-peer (P2P) business lender, Funding Circle doesn’t have as strict eligibility requirements as traditional banks — you only need to have fair credit to qualify, and it doesn’t have a minimum revenue requirement. It also offers a more streamlined application process that should take just 10 minutes to complete, as well as a responsive customer service team.
What is Funding Circle?
Funding Circle is a P2P lender that connects small businesses with investors in its network. It offers fixed-term business loans between $25,000 and $500,000 you can use to cover most business-related expenses, like paying for new staff or expanding your business in general.
You have your choice of repayment terms that start at 6 months and go up to 5 years, giving your business the flexibility it needs to pay back the loan at its own pace. Funding Circle charges fixed rates between 4.99% and 26.99% depending on your loan term, as well as a one-time origination fee between 3.49% and 6.99%.
You can apply online in just minutes and hear back about approval in as little as 24 hours. But unlike other online lenders that can get you funds in just a day or two, you’ll have to wait at least five days to have your loan disbursed from Funding Circle.
What are the benefits of getting a Funding Circle business loan?
There are a few perks of borrowing with Funding Circle, including:
- No minimum annual revenue. Your business doesn’t have to make a lot of money to qualify for a loan.
- Flexible repayment terms. Choose to pay back your loan in as little as six months or as long as five years depending on your business’s needs.
- No prepayment penalties. Save on unnecessary interest by paying off your loan sooner without getting slapped with a fee.
- Solid customer service. Funding Circle’s main customer reviews praise its customer service, which is friendly, approachable and easy to deal with. Its website isn’t bad either.
What to watch out for
Consider these potential drawbacks before taking out a business loan from Funding Circle:
- High loan minimum. You’re out of luck if you’re looking to borrow less than $25,000.
- Slow turnaround. Unlike other online lenders that can get you funding in as little as one business day, you’ll have to wait at least five days after being approved to get your funds from Funding Circle.
- Not an option for startups. Your business must be up and running for at least two years to qualify.
- Potentially high origination fee. You may be charged up to 6.99% of the amount you borrow that’s deducted from your loan before your receive the funds.
Compare more business loan providers
What do borrowers say about Funding Circle business loans?
Mostly good things as of June 2019. It’s been accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2013 and earns an A+ rating. While it only has 22 reviews on the BBB, over 5,300 customers have left feedback on Trustpilot. It earns an average TrustScore of 9.4 out of 10 with 84% of customers rating it “Excellent.”
Many borrowers were happy with the fast and simple application process and helpful customer service representatives. Most negative reviews were from investors who had difficulty withdrawing their money from Funding Circle or lost profits due to loan defaults.
Is it safe to use Funding Circle?
Industries that don’t qualify for Funding Circle loans
- Adult entertainment
- Speculative real estate
- Weapons manufacturing
How do I apply?
Before you apply, make sure you meet Funding Circle’s eligibility requirements. If you do, you can begin the application process online by following these steps:
- Click the Go to site button on this page to be redirected to Funding Circle’s website.
- Click Apply now.
- Enter your loan amount, loan term and the type of business you run. Click Continue.
- Follow the directions to complete your application, carefully reading the terms and conditions before submitting it. This process should take about 10 minutes.
A Funding Circle loan specialist will contact you within the hour to collect any required documents. Once you’ve submitted your documents, an underwriter reviews your application and gets back to you with a final decision in 24 hours. If you’re accepted, your funds are disbursed in as little as five business days.
What documents do I need to apply?
Funding Circle asks all applicants to provide:
- Business tax returns for the past two years. If you don’t have them on hand, request copies from the IRS.
- Personal tax returns for the past year. Required for everyone that owns at least 20% of your business.
- Business bank statements for the past two months. You’ll need official copies from your bank — not home printouts.
- A business debt schedule. A detailed list of all your business’s debts.
Those applying for a loan of $300,000 or more must also provide:
- An interim financial report. A statement of your business’s finances for the current fiscal year in the form of a balance sheet or profit-and-loss statement.
- A guarantor form. Also called a cosigner form, this requirement applies to businesses with multiple owners that own up to 20% of the company.
I got a Funding Circle business loan. Now what?
You’re now on the hook for monthly repayments through automatic withdrawals from your bank account or a debit or credit card. If you can, consider setting up autopay to avoid late fees and penalties. If you are late on a payment, you’ll be charged a fee of 5% of the missed payment amount.
Since Funding Circle doesn’t charge any prepayment penalties, you can save on interest by making extra repayments or paying back your entire loan early. Have any questions? Reach out to a Funding Circle representative by calling 855-385-5356 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small businesses that have been around for a while stand to get the most out of a Funding Circle business loan. What this provider lacks in turnaround speed, it makes up for with quality customer service and lenient revenue requirements.