Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to get a Hulu free trial, step by step
Experience the same benefits as a paid subscriber for up to 30 days, depending on your subscription.
How to get a free trial
Depending on the subscription tier you choose, Hulu offers live TV, ad-free access to its entire library — or both. Follow these simple steps on the Hulu website on your desktop for a test run of the service that suits your needs.
- Sign up. Click Start Your Free Trial to create an account with Hulu, go to its website on your desktop or mobile device.
- Pick a plan. Choose the plan that best fits your lifestyle and viewing habits. The length of the free trial depends on the subscription. Hulu and Hulu (No Ads) offer 30-day free trial, while the Hulu + Live TV option offers seven-day trials.
- Enter your info. Enter an active email address and a password you’ll remember as well as your name and any other personal information it asks for.
- Choose your payment. Once your free trial is up, Hulu charges your subscription to a major credit card, PayPal, Venmo or American Express Checkout.
- Add devices. To stream on most devices, download the Hulu app and log into your account. For some Smart TVs and streaming devices, Hulu provides an activation code for you to add your device that way.
- Enjoy. Start watching content with your Hulu account. If you cancel before your free trial is up, Hulu won’t charge you.
What happens if these steps don’t work?
Hulu only offers free trials to new and eligible returning customers who’ve been unsubscribed for at least a year. If you still have a hard time getting your free trial, then contact the Hulu support team with your specific questions.
Can I cancel my free trial?
Yes. If you don’t feel like Hulu is for you, cancel your free trial at any time without paying a fee. Keep in mind that when you cancel your free trial, your access to Hulu ends immediately.
Do Hulu add-ons come with free trials as well?
Yes. Hulu add-ons like HBO and Showtime offer seven-day free trials in addition to the free trial from Hulu.
Compare streaming services
Looking to find the right streaming service for you? Check out our internet TV page to learn more.
More guides on Finder
How to watch and live stream rugby union in the US
Rugby union is a sport on the rise in the United States and you can watch it all online.
Talkspace review Jan 2021
Send unlimited messages to your therapist for $260 a month with this app.
PlayStation 5 vs. Xbox Series X: Performance, price and games compared
Who will win the next console war?
The best Black Friday 2020 streaming deals available in the US
Black Friday deals are in full swing for another year and streaming platforms are no exception.
VPN by Google One review
Google has rolled out its own virtual private network, called VPN by Google One. If you’re thinking about signing up, here’s what you need to know.
Peapod is a delivery service that shops, packs and delivers your groceries to your home or business. See a step-by-step guide, customer reviews and what to watch out for.
Sanvello therapy app review 2021
Learn about the pros, cons and costs of this CBT app for anxiety and depression.
How to get a divorce without a lawyer
It’s possible to consciously uncouple without the hefty attorney fees, but it takes some preparation on your part.
What is Game Pass Ultimate: Here’s everything you need to know
Find out everything you need to know about Game Pass Ultimate ahead of the Xbox Series X.
Ten Percent Happier review
Learn about the pros, cons and costs of the app designed for “non-meditation types.”
Ask an Expert