Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to get a Hulu free trial, step by step
Experience the same benefits as a paid subscriber for up to 30 days, depending on your subscription.
How to get a free trial
Depending on the subscription tier you choose, Hulu offers live TV, ad-free access to its entire library — or both. Follow these simple steps on the Hulu website on your desktop for a test run of the service that suits your needs.
- Sign up. Click Start Your Free Trial to create an account with Hulu, go to its website on your desktop or mobile device.
- Pick a plan. Choose the plan that best fits your lifestyle and viewing habits. The length of the free trial depends on the subscription. Hulu and Hulu (No Ads) offer 30-day free trial, while the Hulu + Live TV option offers seven-day trials.
- Enter your info. Enter an active email address and a password you’ll remember as well as your name and any other personal information it asks for.
- Choose your payment. Once your free trial is up, Hulu charges your subscription to a major credit card, PayPal, Venmo or American Express Checkout.
- Add devices. To stream on most devices, download the Hulu app and log into your account. For some Smart TVs and streaming devices, Hulu provides an activation code for you to add your device that way.
- Enjoy. Start watching content with your Hulu account. If you cancel before your free trial is up, Hulu won’t charge you.
What happens if these steps don’t work?
Hulu only offers free trials to new and eligible returning customers who’ve been unsubscribed for at least a year. If you still have a hard time getting your free trial, then contact the Hulu support team with your specific questions.
Compare streaming services
Looking to find the right streaming service for you? Check out our internet TV page to learn more.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert