Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to get a free trial of Amazon Prime Video, step by step
Take advantage of one of the longest free trials offered by a streaming service.
Regardless of the subscription you choose, you can spend at least 30 figuring out if it’s right for you before committing. Then, grab the popcorn and enjoy hours of popular movies and Prime originals like Fleabag and Good Omens.
How to get a free trial of Amazon Prime Video
Use a compatible mobile, gaming or streaming device to watch content with these simple steps.
- Go to Amazon. Go to its main website and click Try Prime in the top left corner of the screen.
- Create an account. If you don’t have an Amazon account, create one with your personal details and payment method. If you have an Amazon account and are upgrading to Prime, sign in.
- Start your trial. From here, you’re redirected to another screen, Click Start your free trial.
- Enjoy. Voila! Access the features of an Amazon Prime account, which includes Amazon Prime Video.
Amazon Prime Video is included in a sole subscription for $8.99 monthly and Amazon Prime memberships for $12.99 monthly and $119 annually.
How to get a free trial of Amazon Prime Video when you’re a student
Being a student comes with its perks, including a six-month free trial subscription to Amazon Prime Video. The steps are quite similar, but you get a longer free trial and have to prove you’re a student.
- Go to Amazon. Go to the main website and click Try Prime in the left corner of the screen.
- Identify yourself as a student. Underneath the big orange Try Prime button on the next page, click Are you a student?
- Start your trial. From there, click Start your 6-month trial on the next page.
- Create an account. If you don’t have an Amazon account, create one with your personal details and method of payment. This step only applies to someone without an account. If you’re upgrading to Prime, sign in.
- Confirm your eligibility. Enter in a few personal details about yourself and your school before confirming Your 6-month trial.
- Enjoy. Access the features of an Amazon Prime account, which includes Amazon Prime Video and music.
Enjoy the features of an Amazon Prime membership while your student enrollment is under verification, though we’re unclear about what happens if it can’t be verified.
What happens if these steps don’t work?
If you’re having trouble getting a free trial for Amazon Prime Video, head over to its Help page at the bottom right. There are various references to click on and customer service reps ready to help you answer any questions we didn’t.
Compare streaming services
Looking to find the right streaming service for you? Check out our internet TV page to learn more.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert