Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Best Fourth of July sales 2021
This patriotic holiday could be the best time to snap up savings on mattresses, electronics and more.
Maybe you’re prepping to have people over to celebrate America’s birthday and realize you could use new appliances to streamline your meal prep. Or an outdoor grill to get it all on the table. Or a new mattress for your guests to crash on after the festivities.
If so, you’re in luck: Many retailers run Fourth of July sales that can help you scoop up last-minute items or big-ticket housewares at a fraction of the cost. By planning ahead, you just might find a deal to celebrate alongside the fireworks.
Our top Fourth of July sales
30% off your order of $85+
30% off your first Autoship order
Then 5% off all future Autoship deliveries. Free shipping on orders over $49.
20% off your order + free shipping
40% off winter favorites boots + more
Up to 40% off appliances + instant savings
Instantly save up to $600 when you buy 6+ appliances. T&Cs apply.
Get 15% off by signing up
Free sheets + 2 pillows with select mattress purchase
When do Fourth of July sales start?
Be on the lookout for Fourth of July sales starting mid-June. In years past, large retailers like Dick’s and Best Buy have rolled out sales around June 20 — and lots of stores keep stellar sales going throughout July or longer.
Because Independence Day falls smack in the middle of summer, you can sometimes get away with buying seasonal items like picnic essentials, summer clothing and back-to-school gear. For grills and lawn mowers, you might want to hold off on making a purchase until the offseason.
Where to shop Fourth of July sales 2021
The best places to shop Fourth of July deals depend on what you’re looking for. The biggest sales this time of year tend to be on items for your home, clothing and gadgets galore.
Be on the lookout for all bedtime comforts this summer, including free giveaways on pillows and box springs, deep discounts on mattresses and bedding and mail-in rebates for extra savings.
Below are some of the top mattress deals slated for Fourth of July 2020. We’ll keep this list updated as more brands announce sales.
- Purple: Get free sheets + a free seat cushion with any mattress purchase.
- Nectar: Get a free mattress protector, sheets set and premium pillows with any mattress purchase.
- Mattress Firm: Take 50% off select mattress brands.
- Allswell: Take 15% off the Luxe Hybrid and Supreme Mattresses.
- Amerisleep: Save 30% on mattresses across the site.
- Casper: Save 10% on your entire order.
Top mattress deals
Furniture and home goods
By looking in all the right places, you can save on furniture and home goods items with plenty of time before your Fourth of July get-together.
Some of the top furniture and home goods deals for this year’s sale include:
- Wayfair: Up to 65% off outdoor furniture, decor, lawn games and more
- Home Depot: Patio furniture under $500 + free delivery
- Target: Up to 20% off patio furniture
- Overstock: Up to 70% off indoor and outdoor furniture and home decor + free shipping on everything
Top home & furniture deals
You might want to hold off on buying outdoor appliances, especially grills for those epic hot dogs, if you can help it. Retailers know they won’t have to offer that big of a discount on items that you’ll likely need right now. So unless the Fourth of July party simply can’t go on without a new one, you may be able to snag a deeper discount after summer.
However, July sales can be a great time to snag a solid deal on indoor appliances like refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers and washers and dryers. A few killer deals we’ve spotted so far include:
- Best Buy: Up to 40% off appliances
- Home Depot: Up to 40% off indoor and outdoor appliances
- Lowes: Up to 40% off appliances
Top appliance deals
Fourth of July clothing sales are one of the only times when it pays to shop for in-season fashion.
Some of the best deals we’ve found so far are from these stores:
- American Eagle: Up to 60% off men’s and women’s fashion across the site
- BackCountry.com: Up to 40% off outdoor gear and apparel
- Boohoo: 60% off everything across the site
- Gap: Up to 75% off everything
- L.L.Bean: Summer Sale: Up to 50% off