Ford Credit auto loans review
Dealership financing with a quick online application and flexible repayment options.
- Best for drivers looking for flexible loan and repayment options.
- Pick something else if you want transparent rates and loan terms.
Pros and cons
- Traditional and balloon payment loans available
- Flexible repayment options, including deferment
- Multiple discount programs available
- Rates and terms aren’t available online
- Website’s FAQ section is difficult to search
Ford Credit special discounts
- Military: No
- College grad: No
- Repeat customers: Yes
- First responders: Yes
- Accessibility equipment: Yes
Ford Credit reviews and complaints
|BBB customer reviews||1 out of 5 stars, based on 10 customer reviews|
|BBB customer complaints||130 customer complaints|
|Customer reviews verified as of||15 October 2020|
There aren’t much in the way of customer reviews. Ford Credit doesn’t have a Trustpilot page, and its Better Business Bureau (BBB) page only has a handful of reviews. Unfortunately, while it receives an A- from the BBB, its customer rating is only 1 out of 5 stars. Complaints range from customers not getting their title after paying off their car to being unhappy with how Ford Credit handled hardship relief during COVID-19.
How to apply
Ford Credit has a quick online application that only requires a few basic pieces of information. Follow these steps to get started:
- Under the Ford Credit menu, select Apply for credit.
- Select if you want to lease or finance, then choose whether you’ll be applying as an individual or with a coapplicant.
- Select the model you want to lease or purchase using Ford’s Find Your Vehicle tool.
- Enter information about yourself, your residence, your employment and your annual income.
- Review your application and Ford Credit’s terms and conditions.
- Select a local dealership.
- Submit your application and write down your application number for easy reference when you visit the dealership.
How do repayments work?
You have multiple options to repay your car loan through Ford Credit:
- Online — both manual and automatic payments available
- By phone
- By mail
- Through payroll deduction
- Through MoneyGram or Western Union
If you’re experiencing financial difficulty, Ford Credit may allow you to defer or postpone repayments to a later date. However, interest will continue to accrue — meaning you’ll end up paying more in the long run.
If you’re late making a payment, you may be charged a late fee. The exact amount depends on your state, so check your loan agreement for more details.
Compare more car loan options
Explore your options by APR, loan term, minimum credit score and other requirements. Select the Go to site button for more information about a particular service.
Ford Credit is not currently available on Finder
Have you considered LightStream Auto Loans?
Quick car loans from $5,000 to $100,000 with competitive rates for borrowers with strong credit.
- Same-day funding
- Up to 100% financing
- No restrictions to age or mileage
- Secured and unsecured options
- Competitive rates