We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Flight deals to Bali
Find the best flight deals, offers and special fares to Bali, Indonesia.
Tropical Bali is a favorite destination year-round for every kind of vacationer, and for good reason. The island paradise offers adventure and relaxation, and it’s famous for its beaches, mouth-watering cocktails and bargain shopping. There’s also an abundance of festivals and ancient cultural traditions, with rice terraces and jungle landscapes that are a sight to behold.
You can fly to Bali’s capital, Denpasar, from dozens of airports across the country. Although you cannot get a direct flight from the US, you can get a one stop flight with total flight times between 18 to 22 hours. To get the cheapest flight deals, it’s best to visit outside of school breaks, but there is competition from multiple airlines.
Search for a flight to Bali
Flight times to Bali
- From New York City: 20 hours, 45 minutes +
- From Miami: 22 hours, 15 minutes +
- From Chicago: 20 hours +
- From Dallas: 20 hours +
- From Denver: 19 hours +
- From Seattle: 16 hours, 45 minutes +
- From Los Angeles: 17 hours, 45 minutes +
Airlines that fly to Bali
- AirAsia X
- American Airlines
- All Nippon Airways
- Cathay Pacific Airways
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- China Southern
- EVA Air
- Garuda Indonesia
- Hong Kong Airlines
- Korean Air
- Philippine Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Virgin Australia
- Xiamen Airlines
Bali insider flight tips
- No airline flies direct from a US airport to Bali, so you’ll have to plan on stopping somewhere at least once. Top-rated airlines like Emirates, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, All Nippon Airways and EVA Air are all good choices. In addition, some airlines have teamed up with each other to offer combination flights.
- You can find fares on sale directly from airline websites, but it’s worth shopping around, as you might find even cheaper deals on online booking engines.
- You can find the cheapest flights to Bali during wet season, which is October to March. Despite the rain, you’re likely to be rewarded with sunny periods and smaller crowds.
How to get to your hotel from the airport
All international flights to Bali land at Denpasar International Airport (DPS) – also named Ngurah Rai International Airport – which is located in the southern part of the island. From there, Kuta is just down the road, Seminyak is a 6-mile journey, Ubud is 12 miles away, and it’s 25 miles to Nusa Dua.
To get from the airport to your destination or hotel, visitors can pay a fixed fare to take a public taxi. Do this by heading to the ticketing booth just outside the arrivals building. You’ll find a list of prices to each destination. Alternatively, you can pre-arrange a private transfer or shuttle with your hotel – it may be included in the rate anyway. If you flag down a taxi yourself, make sure the meter is on, know the address for where you’re going and have a map handy to avoid being taken on an unwanted scenic route at your expense.
Major car rental companies also operate from the airport, though you can usually get one cheaper at a local rental center. Be prepared for Balinese traffic, and make sure you’re fully covered by travel insurance.
Ask an Expert