Book your flight and hotel together. Save up to 40%
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Top flight deals for March 2021
Score discounts and coupon codes + learn how to book the cheapest tickets possible.
Updated . What changed?
Our team scours sales from hundreds of travel providers on the regular, gathering some of the best flight deals around so you can book your next flight at a price that makes you swoon. Here, you’ll find a roundup of deals, discounts and promo codes from airlines and booking sites for flights within the US and around the world.
Best flight deals for March 2021
Flight and hotel packages
How to find the best flight deals
Are mind-blowing flight deals the stuff of travel legend? No, they’re not. They’re real.
Find the best flight deals for your next trip by following these tips:
- Stay flexible with timing. This is probably the most important part of scoring those cheap flights — because the lowest prices will be during off-peak travel times. If you can fly on a Thursday morning instead of a Friday night, for example, you’re probably gonna save some dough. And if you’re planning a trip to Italy, don’t go in August when much of the country is on vacation — opt for October, a shoulder travel season when the weather’s still good.
- Stick with budget carriers. Frontier, Sun Country, Spirit and Allegiant consistently offer round-trip flights for less than $100. But keep in mind that you’ll usually need to travel light with budget carriers, since carry-ons usually cost extra.
- Get creative with layovers. If you’re bowled over by the cost of a direct flight, try booking a couple of one-way fares to get to your final destination. Or you could use a site light Skiplagged, which uses an algorithm to do this for you.
- Consider a rewards credit card. When I booked a flight from Chicago to visit a friend in the Bahamas, I saved $600 by opening a Delta credit card, and my trip was almost free. Two years later, I still use that credit card, because the miles come in handy when I need to book flights for family weddings and other essential travel that’s less flexible. It’s worth looking into if you’re dropping major moolah on a flight.
- Sign up for a mailing list. The best flight deals are usually only available for a limited time, so signing up for a newsletter can help you stay up to date. If you’re worried about your inbox overflowing with promotions, consider choosing a travel booking site like Orbitz or Travelocity to comb sales from dozens of airlines and send the best deals your way.
- Bundle your flight with a hotel. Yup, you really can score discounts when you book a bundle. Try United Vacations, Southwest Vacations or use a booking site like Expedia to see what you can save when you book your whole trip at once. We often see promo codes from United Vacations and Southwest Vacations with up to $600 off per booking when you opt for a package.
Photo by Prabuddha Sharma on Unsplash
More guides on Finder
7+ hotels offering workation packages
Book a workation at one of these hotels and get Internet, coffee, private space and more.
10 amazing vacations to take in 2021
Here’s how to make the most of your pent-up wanderlust.
Get 50% off flights with Frontier Airlines’ flash sale — ends Thursday
In addition to great deals, the airline just launched 16 new routes for nonstop travel from $39.
Top 5 ways to splurge in the coming post-vaccination world
Make the most of your life post-pandemic with these cool Airbnbs, outdoor experiences and fun group classes.
Alaska Airlines flash sale ends Thursday — flights from $29 one way
Alaska Airlines flash sale ends tonight — flights from $29 one way
8 ways to spoil your pet for National Love Your Pet Day
Spoil your pet with these creative gift ideas, including a cozy set of pajamas, a fun art project and some hilarious socks. Save with top deals.
Best airline credit cards of 2021
Have your sights set on travel this year? We compared nearly 100 cards to find the best deals and perks.
Getting the travel itch? Act fast to fly from $21 with Frontier and $49 with JetBlue
Shop hundreds of one-way flights that cost less than $50 from these two major airlines.
8 Best winter cabin rentals in the US
Curl up, stay inside and let it snow.
Need a break from WFH? Expedia practically gives away 2-week remote vacations for just $20.20
The popular travel booking site puts a positive spin on 2020 with a deal just for remote workers.
Ask an Expert