First State Community Bank loans review
This Eastern Missouri lender specializes in agriculture and real estate.
Bottom line: Agricultural businesses, landlords and other small businesses that frequently purchase real estate might get the most out of this Missouri bank.
Commercial loans, commercial lines of credit, commercial real estate loans, rental property loans, agriculture loans, accounts receivable financing, personal loans, auto loans, home loans, HELOCs
Types of loans available
|Types of loans available||Commercial loans, commercial lines of credit, commercial real estate loans, rental property loans, agriculture loans, accounts receivable financing, personal loans, auto loans, home loans, HELOCs|
|Number of branches||59|
|Branch hours||Varies widely by location|
|Customer service hours||8 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Customer service options||Phone, email form on its website|
Anna Serio is a trusted lending expert and certified Commercial Loan Officer who's published more than 1,000 articles on Finder to help Americans strengthen their financial literacy. A former editor of a newspaper in Beirut, Anna writes about personal, student, business and car loans. Today, digital publications like Business Insider, CNBC and the Simple Dollar feature her professional commentary, and she earned an Expert Contributor in Finance badge from review site Best Company in 2020.
First State Community Bank offers a wide range of business and personal loans for almost every need. Unlike most local banks, it has online applications for most products.
This can be great if you already have a relationship with this bank. But if it’s your first time, consider setting up an appointment to speak a loan officers. It has several branches across the areas it serves — though you’ll have to call to find out when it’s open.
What is First State Community Bank?
First State Community Bank (FSCB) is a local bank based in Missouri. With 59 branches, it's the largest bank with headquarters in the southeastern part of the state. Its stated mission is to offer products and guidance to its customers that can help them reach financial success.
What types of loans does First State Community Bank offer?
FSCB offers a wide range of business and personal financing options, including:
- Commercial loans and lines of credit. Fixed-term loans with terms as long as 60 months for buying equipment, consolidating debt, buying out a business or other long-term expenses.
- Agriculture loans. FSCB offers a range of loans to cover operating costs, equipment, real estate and more, specifically designed for the agricultural industry.
- Accounts receivable financing. FSCB's BusinessManager program offers a financing program that gives your business an advance on invoices within 24 hours after it was issued.
- Commercial real estate loans. Up to 80% financing on the purchase price or the property's appraised value with terms as long as 25 years for owner-occupied and commercial properties, as well as refinancing.
- Personal loans. Secured loans for a one-time purchase starting at $1,000. Collateral options includes stock, deposit accounts CDs and more.
- Auto loans. Up to 100% financing on new or used cars, plus boat, power sports vehicles and RV financing.
- Home equity financing. Lines of credit and home improvement loans backed by the value of your home.
- Mortgages. Fixed-rate home loans with up to 100% financing available for some borrowers. Programs include 15- and 30-year mortgages, plus VA, FHA and USDA financing.
What industries does FSCB specialize in?
FSCB has specialized programs for agricultural businesses and landlords. It's possible it has loan officers that are well-versed in other industries as well. But it doesn't advertise it online.
How does borrowing with First State Community Bank work?
FSCB is one of the few community banks that has online applications for most loan programs for both businesses and consumers. This is particularly useful for people who already have a relationship with the bank.
But if you're just getting started, you might get more out of setting up an appointment with a loan officer to discuss your options. Your loan officer can work with you to come up with the type of financing that best benefits your business.
How do I get started?
You can get started by filling out an application on the FSCB website or setting up an appointment at your local branch. Here's how to set up an appointment.
- Go to the FSCB website.
- Click Contact in the main menu and select Locations.
- Either select your city from the drop-down list or enter your address in the search bar on the locations map.
- Call the number for the location nearest you and ask to set up an appointment with a loan officer.
- Close to 60 locations in area served
- Online applications available for multiple products
- Mobile app
- Some product details available online
- No branch hours listed online
- Few customer reviews
- Mixed employee reviews
See more business lenders
Check out these online providers to get a better sense of how First State Community Bank stacks up against bigger names in the game.
First State Community Bank reviews and complaints
|BBB customer reviews||1 out of 5 stars, based on 1 customer reviews|
|BBB customer complaints||2 customer complaints|
|Yelp||1 out of 5 stars, based on 3 customer reviews|
|Glassdoor||3.6 out of 5 stars, based on 8 customer reviews|
|Indeed||3.8 out of 5 stars, based on 29 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||09 November 2020|
FSCB only has a couple customer reviews. Most are negative and from customers complaining about customer service, long turnaround times or accidental fees. But this isn't necessarily a bad thing. The lack of customer reviews could show that most customers are satisfied enough with their experiences to skip out on leaving an online review.
What do employees say?
Employees give this bank mixed reviews. Many report that they're underpaid, some complain about poor management and the majority of reviewers have been around for about one to three years.
There are only a few reviews, so they might not be representative of the entire company. But it's possible you'll get connected with a banker who ends up leaving a year or two into your relationship.
What other products does it offer?
In addition to business and personal loans, you might want to take advantage of the following products FSCB has to offer.
- Checking accounts, including multiple options for businesses
- Savings accounts
- Credit cards
- Merchant services, like payment processing
- ACH payment collection
- Personal money market accounts
- Life insurance
- Financial management services
First State Community Bank history
First State Community Bank was founded in 1954 as First State Bank of Farmington. Since, it's grown to nearly 60 branches — mainly through acquiring banks in Eastern Missouri. It aims to serve everyone in its area with local expertise, from businesses to first-time bank account holders.
First State can be a great choice for someone who wants to borrow locally — especially if you're looking for an expert in agriculture or real estate financing. Compare more options by reading our guide to the best business loans.