Finder’s crypto experts now bullish on Bitcoin, bearish on others
Our crypto prediction panel has shifted on Bitcoin, which suggests they see it breaking out of recent range-bound trading.
Bitcoin’s price still seems stuck in a range between $40,000 and $45,000, but a panel of crypto experts that aim to predict prices for Finder has turned bullish.
Finder’s crypto prediction panel shifted to bullish from neutral, looking out through the week of February 20. Three panelists were bullish, up from one previously, and two bearish. A move up would need a catalyst to push the price past $45,000 and keep it there.
Finder’s cryptocurrency prediction panel is made of 15 experts in the field. Each week, five of them rotate to share their predictions for the following two weeks on six major cryptocurrencies.
Ripple has made the biggest moves recently
In the past seven days, Ripple (XRP) gained 33%, more than twice Bitcoin’s (BTC) move and more than three times what Ethereum (ETH) earned during the same period.
The reason for this comes out of the legal battle between the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Ripple. In essence, the SEC lawsuit accuses Ripple and two top executives of conducting an unregistered offering of $1.3 billion in XRP between 2013 and 2020.
The process is concluding soon, and recent court action suggests a high chance that it will end favorably for Ripple, which is why XRP has been moving up.
Finder’s crypto experts still bearish sentiment overall
The only clear shift in sentiment was on Bitcoin, where it moved from a neutral sentiment a week ago to a bullish one for the week of February 21. On the other crypto predictions:
- Sentiment on Ethereum remained bearish overall, the same as the previous week. However, from the five panelists with bearish sentiment last week, two panelists turned bullish for the week ahead.
- Sentiment on Dogecoin (DOGE) remains bearish overall, the same as the previous week. But unlike the one expert with a bullish sentiment then, we now have two experts who are bullish on Dogecoin’s outlook for the week ahead.
- The view of Litecoin (LTC) is dominantly bearish, similar to the previous week, with two experts having a neutral sentiment for the week ahead.
- The experts remain bearish on Ripple (XRP) despite recent moves, same as last week.
- Solana (SOL) remained bearish, the same as the previous week. However, one expert is bullish for the price for the week ahead as opposed to no bullish sentiment the previous week.
Finder’s experts hold long-term bullish sentiment on Bitcoin
Finder asked 33 fintech specialists in January to offer price predictions for Bitcoin by year’s end. Most of them are bullish on Bitcoin and believe it will make new all-time highs at the end of 2022.
You can learn more about our experts’ outlooks on cryptocurrency prices in our Bitcoin price prediction article.
Kliment Dukovski owns Bitcoin, Ether and Solana as of the publishing date.
Paid non-client promotion. Finder does not invest money with providers on this page. If a brand is a referral partner, we're paid when you click or tap through to, open an account with or provide your contact information to the provider. Partnerships are not a recommendation for you to invest with any one company. Learn more about how we make money.
Finder is not an adviser or brokerage service. Information on this page is for educational purposes only and not a recommendation to invest with any one company, trade specific stocks or fund specific investments. All editorial opinions are our own.