We’ve got a list of speakers we can’t wait to hear, people we want to meet and potential partners in the pipeline.
Having launched finder.com in the US in 2015, this year marks our 3rd year attending FinCon. We’re excited to see some familiar faces, meet new friends, be part of a panel for the first time, kick off some potential partnerships and share what finder has been up to in the past year. So in that spirit, we’re going down to Orlando with a stacked team of finders and we’re ready to dive head first into the deep end at FinCon 2018.
Top 5 things we can’t wait for at FinCon 2018
FinCon2018 is going to be a whirlwind of information and handshaking packed into four days. Here’s a preview of what’s on our to-do list:
- Pro-networking: This three-hour intimate meeting of the money minds will definitely set the pace for FinCon. As an exhibitor, it’s one of the few opportunities to get a one-on-one, uninterrupted meeting with potential industry partners. Even though we’ve already set aside dedicated time to make meaningful connections with different brands and companies, we’re coming to Pro-Networking with two finders. So if you see one of us floating around, that’d be the perfect chance to make an introduction.
- Meeting Jean Chatzky. Host of the HerMoney podcast, financial editor on NBC’s Today Show and personal finance ambassador for AARP, there’s no denying that Jean is a money world A-lister. She’ll be dropping knowledge on the main stage Wednesday evening and making the rounds for the remainder of FinCon. She recently shouted out our sexually-transmitted debt study in her newsletter that has over a million subscribers. Needless to say, we can’t wait to meet her face-to-face and say thanks — maybe we’ll even get a selfie!
- The Art of Slow Travel Panel. finder’s very own Consumer Advocate, Jennifer McDermott, is taking to the stage alongside Sarah Li Cain (High Fiving Dollars), Doug Normand (The Military Guide), David Stein (Money for the Rest of Us), Craig Stephens (Retire Before Dad) to discuss the Art of Slow Travel. Having slow (and fast) traveled her way around the world, living and working in four different countries, Jennifer is a seasoned travel expert who’s excited to share how others can maximize their own experiences in wanderlust.
- 9th Annual Plutus Awards. After going nonstop for four days, we’re expecting to have lost our voices and any sense of what it means to get a solid night’s sleep. It’s bittersweet because it’s the ceremony that rounds out FinCon, but it’s also exciting because the awards are the crown jewel in the week that is FinCon. It’s a high moment of anticipation for everyone and we can’t wait to see which blogs take home the prized awards this year.
- Meeting you. FinCon is gigantic, so it’s nearly impossible to target everyone on its roster. But, sometimes the best networking is done by unexpectedly sharing a cab together, meeting in an elevator or by making a random human connection. So whether our introduction is planned or not, our aim is to make a long-lasting impression.
We’ll see you in Orlando at FinCon 2018 We’re sure there’ll be other moments we won’t want to miss — and a few last minute surprises — but for now, this is what’s on our radar. Come up to our booth to say hello and if you see anyone in some finder swag, please introduce yourself — we love making new friends.
Here’s the finder crew who’ll be at FinCon 2018
Head of Communications
Head of Publishing & Editorial
Credit Card Assistant Publisher
Digital PR and Content Coordinator