Fiat Chrysler recalling almost 5 million vehicles
We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) warns drivers they might be cruisin’ for a bruisin’.
Fiat Chrysler is recalling 4.8 million vehicles after discovering a defect that could prevent the cruise control system from disengaging. The U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is urging consumers with affected models to not use their cruise control it is until repaired.
“Should this error occur, drivers may be able to stop the vehicle by depressing the brake pedal,” NHTSA said in a statement.
Are you driving an affected vehicle?
The recall affects 16 vehicle types including Jeep, Ram, Chrysler and Dodge models built between 2014 and 2018:
- Dodge Journey MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Dodge Durango MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Dodge Challenger MY 2015-2018 2-Door
- Dodge Charger MY 2014-2018 4-Door
- Ram 3500 MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 3500 Cab Chassis MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 3500 Less Than 10,000 Pound Cab Chassis MY 2016-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 2500 MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 4500/5500 Cab Chassis MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 1500 MY 2014-2019 Pickup Truck
- Jeep Wrangler MY 2018 SUV
- Jeep Grand Cherokee MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Jeep Cherokee MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Chrysler 300 MY 2014-2018 4-Door
- Chrysler Pacifica MY 2017-2018 Van
- Chrysler 200 MY 2015-2017 4-Door
What should you do?
If your vehicle is listed above, you should get in touch with FCA by calling (866) 220-6747 for additional information concerning this recall. If you’re not sure if your vehicle is affected, you should visit NHTSA.gov and search your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
But what happens if your car is involved in an accident because of the issue?
Looking to protect your car?
If you’re looking to protect your car, make sure you’ve got the right auto insurance. Compare your options today to ensure you’re getting the cheapest rates.