Bundle add-ons and get personalized customer service for your ride.
finder.com’s rating: 3.5 / 5.0
- Get a quote if you want personalized service with convenient add-on packages
- Pick something else if you prefer more options for a customized policy
- Safe drivers get rewarded for their efforts
|States served||All 50 states|
|Roadside assistance||Included free|
|Pay schedule||monthly, custom|
|Claims methods||online, phone|
- Personalized customer service
- Convenient coverage packages
- Safe driver discounts
- Established, stable company
- Coverage options vary
- Online claims only
What motorcycle insurance coverage does Farmers Insurance offer?
Farmers Insurance provides standard coverage to protect you from the risks of the ride.
- Liability. Pay for repairs to another driver’s vehicle or for bodily injuries for an accident where you’re at fault.
- Collision. Get your motorcycle repaired after you hit another vehicle or object.
- Other than collision. Cover accidents that don’t involve the usual vehicle collisions — such as theft, storms or falling tree branches.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist. Get protection from drivers who don’t have enough insurance to pay for your damages.
- Medical payments. Cover expensive medical payments related to a motorcycle accident.
What extra benefits and add-ons does Farmers Insurance offer?
The company features several Motorcycle Choice options that bundle popular features into one package. You can also customize the package further with add-ons:
- Saver package. Get first accident forgiveness, plus $500 of safety apparel coverage.
- Plus package. Receive trip interruption, towing, roadside assistance, $3,500 for optional equipment, $1,500 for safety apparel and total loss replacement for up to two years at new motorcycle value.
- Elite package. Get diminishing deductible and waiver, enhanced rental coverage, $2,000 for personal effects, $2,500 for safety apparel and $5,000 for optional equipment. Plus, receive total loss replacement for up to five years at new motorcycle value.
- Vintage package. Protect your vintage bike with increased coverage specialized just for it. This applies to well-maintained bikes that are older than 25 years.
- Custom package. Cover limited-edition motorcycles or those that have over $30,000 worth of optional equipment.
- Low-speed package. Save money on your low-power motorcycles that are driven around neighborhoods and private roads.
- Increased liability. Protect yourself from damages to another driver or vehicle with raised limits.
- Equipment coverage. Purchase up to $15,000 of optional equipment coverage.
- Transport trailer. Cover your bike trailer for damages up to $7,500.
What discounts can I get with Farmers Insurance?
You can qualify for savings in one or more ways:
- Affinity group. Find out if you’re a member of an approved group that partners with Farmers Insurance.
- First accident waiver. Maintain a safe driving record and get your first accident after your claims-free period waived.
- Other than collision deductible waiver. Get a $500 deductible waiver for installing an approved theft recovery system.
- Additional medical payments coverage. Use a DOT-approved riding helmet.
- Safety course. Complete an approved motorcycle safety course.
- Airbags. Get a discount if your motorcycle has an airbag installed.
- Antilock brakes. Make sure your bike has ABS brakes for safety and savings.
- Multi-policy. Purchase more than one insurance policy with Farmers.
- Multi-unit. Insure two or more motorcycles on the same policy.
- Prior insurance. Save if you haven’t had a gap in coverage.
- Policy renewal. Save money by renewing with Farmers year after year.
Pros and cons of Farmers motorcycle insurance
- Local agents. Farmers Insurance has over 50,000 agents located across the US.
- Coverage bundles. Save the hassle of piecing your policy together with one of the Farmers motorcycle packages.
- Safe driver rewards. Enjoy rewards for safe driving, including first accident forgiveness and safety course completion.
- Established company. Farmers has helped people with insurance for over 90 years, showcasing its stability as a company.
- Coverage options vary. Not all coverage and discounts are available in every region.
- Online claims only. The main method customers can file claims is using the Farmers online claims process. You can, however, contact customer service with questions.
How to apply for Farmers motorcycle insurance
Farmers Insurance gives you the option of applying online, by phone or through a local agent.
- Go to Farmers’ quote page on its website.
- Select the type of quote and enter your zip code, then click Start my quote.
- Enter your personal information, motorcycle information and driver details.
- Fill in further information to see your eligibility for discounts.
- Confirm your details, view your quote and choose coverage.
Phone. Speak directly with a representative at 888-327-6335. Phone service hours are Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT.
Local agent. Find a local agent by searching for your location on the Farmers website from the Find an agent page.
What info do I need to apply?
Keep this information close by when applying for your motorcycle insurance:
- Home address, phone number and date of birth
- Driver’s or motorcycle license number
- Motorcycle details — such as make, model and license plate number
- Driving history
- Choice of coverage
- Payment information
How to make a claim with Farmers Insurance
Report an accident at your convenience using the online claims center. While you can only file a claim online, you can use Farmers online chat or call an agent to check your claim status.
- Online. File a claim online in three ways: log in to your customer account, use your policy number or file as a guest on the Farmers website.
- Live chat. Ask questions about your claim by clicking the live chat feature on the claims page.
- Phone. Contact customer service with your claims questions 24/7 at 800-435-7764.
Alternatives to Farmers Insurance
Farmers Insurance provides a wide variety of coverage that includes many optional bundles. You can also get service from a local agent for a personalized experience.
However, you’ll need to verify that certain coverage options are available in your area, and competitors may offer more add-ons.
Apply for Farmers motorcycle insurance or compare other motorcycle insurance providers.
Frequently asked questions about Farmers motorcycle insurance
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.