Build a unique policy to match your company’s needs
finder.com’s rating: 4.0 / 5.0
- Get a quote if you own a food truck or any small business that relies on a fleet.
- Pick something else if you want a low maintenance plan as soon as possible.
- Ideal for owners and employees who use a vehicle for business tasks and operations.
|Description||Backed by nearly 100 years in the business and an A+ AM Best rating, Farmers Insurance aims to help you find the coverage you need for your business.|
|States served||All 50 states|
|AM Best financial rating||A|
|Claims methods||online, phone|
- Plenty of discounts
- Catastrophe response for natural disasters
- Personal support from 50,000 agents across the US
- Rates depend on region
- Service depends on region
|Anti-theft device discount||No|
|Paid in full discount|
|Safety device discount||No|
No info available
|Lifetime repairs guarantee||
What commercial car insurance coverage does Farmers cover?
Farmers offers protection in the following areas, though you’ll need to work with an agent to see what’s available for your particular situation.
- Liability. Helps cover damages if you or one of your employees was at-fault in an accident.
- Underinsured motorist. Helps make up for losses caused by another driver who doesn’t have coverage.
- Nonowner. This protection can back up your business if an employee causes an accident in their own car while on the job.
- Lease/loan. Get backup protection for the amounts you owe according to a lease agreement.
- Towing. Helps cover costs when you need the aid of a tow truck.
- Rental car. If rental cars are part of your business plan, get insurance to cover possible damages.
- Loss of use. Helps cover the costs of a replacement vehicle or other transportation expenses when one of your primary vehicles is out of use.
- Gap coverage. Gap protection can fill in the gap when you total a car that you still owe money on.
- Contents/property. If your car is packed with necessary tools and equipment, this can help protect it in case of theft or other loss.
Where can I get commercial car insurance from Farmers?
Farmers Insurance offers coverage to residents of all 50 states with more than 48,000 agents nationwide.
What features does Farmers offer for business?
Farmers Insurance specializes in coverage designed specifically for contractors and food trucks. After adding liability and property coverage, you’ll customize a plan to fit the unique needs of your organization. Options include:
- GPS tracking. This telematics feature allows you to keep an eye on the driving habits and whereabouts of employees.
- Environmental remediation. Coverage in case one of your company’s vehicles causes environmental damage. It can help with the cost of governmental testing, too.
- Primary and noncontributory. Helps untangle liability in case you’re a subtractor and cause damages on behalf of a primary contractor — and vice versa.
- Mobile business interruption. If your business is primarily on wheels, this offers compensation in case your vehicle goes out of commission due to a covered loss.
- Primary mobile food vendor. Designed specifically for food trucks, this coverage protects business property stored on your vehicle and can help with equipment breakdown and other securities.
- Premier package for food trucks. Targeted toward food trucks, it helps cover the costs of potentially spoiled food and food-borne illnesses.
How reliable is Farmers?
Farmers has been accredited by the BBB since 1951, where it has an A+ rating. That’s a good indicator Farmers is in good standing among industry peers and has a reputation for responding to customer complaints.
Farmers Insurance has an A rating from A.M. Best. And in 2018, Farmers won the “Carrier of the Year” award at the Insurance Nexus Claims Innovation Awards. Additionally, it’s been on the Fortune 500 list for five years.
Pros and cons of Farmers commercial car insurance
Finding the right coverage for small businesses is key. Weigh the benefits and drawbacks before signing on.
- Build-your-own coverage plans. Needs of each company are unique, so customizable policies help.
- Food truck expertise. Farmers has experience insuring food trucks and their owners, and has developed special protection options to cover your bases.
- Local agent support. You don’t have to do it yourself — expect one-on-one service with an agent who’s likely nearby.
- Strong reputation. It’s financially stable and recognized throughout the industry as an innovator.
- Mobile app. Manage your policy 24/7 from anywhere in the world via its app.
- Additional insurance available. Farmers offers business liability and property insurance as well so you can keep all of your policies under one roof.
- No online commercial quotes. Its website only offers quotes for personal coverage. You won’t be able to get a ballpark number for what it’ll cost to insure your business’s fleet.
- No online signup. To seal the deal, you’ll need to reach out to an agent directly.
- Lengthy process. Farmers doesn’t offer grab-and-go plans for commercial clients. You’ll need to be prepared for a potentially involved process.
Alternatives to Farmers commercial auto insurance
How to contact Farmers Insurance.
- Phone. Call 888-327-6335 to get in touch with customer service and be matched with an agent.
- Electronic message. Send a note securely through its website or the app.
- Twitter. Tweet or DM @wearefarmers.
When it comes to customizable policies, Farmers helps business find the coverage that’s right for them. But if you’re hoping for something more basic, compare commercial providers to find what you need.
Frequently asked questions about Farmers Insurance
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.