Access video, music and social media from anywhere, but get ready to pay for the added security.
ExpressVPN offers high speeds and expansive global coverage with over 97 locations at a competitive price. It provides online support including a live chat feature and email, and features a range of positive reviews from users.
ExpressVPN is a virtual private network service with software that’s marketed as a privacy and security tool. Its software encrypts users’ web traffic and masks their IP addresses across a wide range of operating systems for ultimate security and privacy.
What are ExpressVPN’s pricing and plans?
Express VPN offers three plans, based on how long your contract is. All of them offer the same speed, the same amount of servers and devices available.
|1 month||6 months||12 months|
|$12.95 monthly||$9.95 monthly||$6.67 monthly +3 free months|
Pros and cons
Weigh out these perks and drawbacks to help you decide:
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Great customer support, including live online chat.
- Can connect as many devices as you wish, and support up to five at once.
- Users report the occasional dropped connection
- Expensive for short-term use compared to most competitors
- Streaming servers not labeled
Compare VPN services now
How do I set up ExpressVPN?
When you’ve ordered your service, set up is simple:
- Go to ExpressVPN website on your device.
- Download the relevant app, based on your device operating system.
- Choose which country you want your VPN to run through.
Then you’re free to access content from anywhere in the world, free from tracking and with increased security.
What are the benefits of ExpressVPN?
The main benefits of using a VPN are:
- IP address masking. ExpressVPN keeps your true IP address and location hidden.
- Anonymous browsing. You can even pay using Bitcoin for ultimate privacy.
- Get content from anywhere. Safely access blocked and censored content from all over the world.
- VPN split tunneling. Divide your traffic directly through the Internet and through the VPN.
- Best-in-class encryption. Advanced mathematics in AES-256 protects your information.
- Zero-knowledge DNS. Each server has its own private, encrypted DNS so your connections are faster and safer.
- ExpressVPN trust center. Created to protect against attackers, and minimize risk and harm.
- How-to privacy guides. Learn how to browse anonymously, delete your Google history and use for online privacy using step-by-step tutorials.
What operating systems can you use ExpressVPN on?
ExpressVPN runs on almost everything, including Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad, Chromebook, AppleTV, games consoles and even the Kindle Fire.
What is a VPN and how does it work?
A virtual private network (VPN) is an Internet service that has become more popular in recent years with online streaming. Put simply, every Internet device has an Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is like a phone number. A VPN runs your phone number through another phone number, which can be in any country. So it hides your IP address, and can convince websites that you’re located somewhere else.
ExpressVPN comes packed with security measures to keep you safe while browsing on a long list of available platform options. Customers benefit from effective round-the-clock customer service and a 30-day money-back promise — but be prepared to pay out a little more for your protection in comparison to its competitors.
Shop around and compare other VPN providers to get a feel for what is best for you, your family and your wallet.