Where else to buy cryptocurrency with dollars?
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.If you’re just getting started with cryptocurrencies, often the first step is trading fiat currency for bitcoin, Ethereum or another digital currency. A lot of exchanges don’t support fiat pairing, especially in the US.
Gemini is one of the few crypto platforms that does. Before you dive into the market, read on to learn about its services, features and comparable competitors.
What services does Gemini offer?
Gemini is primarily an exchange for trading among US dollars, bitcoin, and Ethereum. While it doesn’t boat the largest trading volume of its competitors, Gemini does offer a robust set of features that include:
- Support for fiat-to-crypto and crypto-to-crypto transactions.
- A robust set of trading and charting tools.
- Links to your bank account, with no limits on deposits or withdrawals.
- Among the most secure exchanges for US residents.
Sites like Gemini
Where else can I find features like Gemini’s?
Coinbase is a premier, user-friendly exchange that allows you to:
- Buy bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin with your dollars.
- Link your bank account to deposit and withdraw money.
- Store funds in a secure on-platform wallet.
- Pay by bank transfer, credit or debit card or bank wire.
Kraken is a highly respected exchange that offers:
- Altcoin transactions using a selection of supported fiat currency.
- Trading on a wide variety of popular and rarer cryptocurrencies.
- A flexible tiered fee structure by volume.
- Secure and easy access to the market.
After a gradual rollout of crypto support, Robinhood will allow users to:
- Buy and sell bitcoin, Ethereum and other altcoins with fiat currency.
- Link directly to your bank account for deposits and withdrawals.
- Pay no fees, commissions or hidden charges.
- Access an online knowledge base and ticketing system for support.
If none of our suggested exchanges offer what you’re looking for, further narrow down your needs:
- Want to buy with fiat currency? Learn how to buy crypto with nearly any fiat currency — from dollars to zloty.
- Looking for a specific coin? Search for exchanges supporting specific altcoins and tokens.
- Want more options? Get a wider look at cryptocurrency exchanges in the market.
Why you might want to avoid Gemini
- Not the best charting. If you’re a fan of candlestick charts, you might not be thrilled by Gemini’s charts, which only display the order book. There are lots of awesome things about Gemini’s user interface, but charts are not one of them.
- Verification time. To open a new account with Gemini, you have to go through a verification process. Sometimes this can take several days or longer. Once you are verified, you need to follow specific instructions to fund your account via same-day wire transfer. If you’re looking to get started ASAP, Gemini is probably not the best choice.
- Limited selection of cryptocurrencies. If you want to be able to trade a variety of crypto/fiat pairs, Gemini probably won’t be your first choice since it only supports BTC and ETH for crypto.
Gemini offers a fluid and secure that makes it easy to buy bitcoin and Ethereum with fiat currency. Opening a new account can take some time, but once you’re approved Gemini is a simple, beginner-friendly exchange to use. Professional traders may find the lack of charting features a downside, but Gemini’s growing volume trend indicates that it is gaining popularity as an exchange.