Find wallets and exchanges supporting a wide range of altcoins .
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.One of the top 10 exchanges by volume — some $445 million USD as of this writing — Bittrex is a US-based company offering more than 190 cryptocurrencies through a secure platform backed by offline storage to protect your wallet.
Calling itself the “next-generation digital currency exchange,” Bittrex’s trading features include:
- Fast and confidential crypto-to-crypto transactions.
- Lenient verification, and a transparent 0.25% fee on all trades.
- High market trading volume for a wide selection of altcoins.
- Secure set of APIs and strong customer support.
- Tether (USDT) pairings on select cryptocurrencies.
Where else can I buy cryptocurrency?
Bittrex is known for its deep selection of nearly 200 altcoins, offering fast, easy and secure transactions with a transparent 0.25% fee on all trades. Its friendly interface can get you buying quickly, and it’s backed by an team offering expertise with security best practices.
Still, it’s not your only experienced option. Use our table below to weigh currency exchanges offering the exact payment types, fiat support and cryptocurrencies you’re interested in today.
How can I trade on Bittrex?
You’ll first need to trade your US dollars for bitcoin (BTC) or Ether (ETH) elsewhere. But opening a Bittrex account unlock hundreds of crypto pairs, many of them linked to BTC and more than 10 linked with USDT.
To buy or sell cryptocurrency, you complete a buy or sell order with Bittrex, specifying the units, your bid and any hedging options, like limit or conditional orders.
Among the nearly 200 cryptocurrencies supported by Bittrex, you’ll find the usual and more obscure suspects:
Where can I find the same wide selection of cryptocurrencies?
Bittrex offers a fairly diverse selection of coins and tokens. But for other platforms offering a comparable selection, market volume and many of the same trading pairs as Bittrex, take a look at:
- Binance. This platform regularly adds new tokens, supports USDT pairings and offers .05% fees through its in-house BNB token.
- KuCoin. Known as an early adopter for new coins, it offers reduced fees for using its in-house KCS token.
- Kraken. Offers many established cryptocurrencies, and supports fiat deposits and withdrawals.
Where else can I start trading immediately without getting verified?
You can create an account and start trading on Bittrex with just your email address, albeit with withdrawal limits. Increasing your verification tier requires submitting personal details.
Easy enough, but other exchanges also let you trade cryptocurrencies with limited verification:
- Poloniex. While this platform now requires verification for legacy accounts,
- Binance. You can trade and withdraw up to 2 BTC without verification.
- KuCoin. Easy sign up to trade crypto — without ID.
For most platforms, verifying your information not only helps secure your account but also gives you access to more robust features, including increased withdrawals and deposits.
Why you might want to avoid Bittrex
- It can take a long time to log in. Bittrex does offer enhanced security options like two-factor identification, which is great. But, it can also demand that you go through multiple “I am not a robot” tests, verify your IP address, and confirm your login from your email account every time you want to log in. Safety is awesome, but this can get pretty annoying.
- Fees. All trades on Bittrex have a 0.25% fee, which is higher than a number of other exchanges.
Bittrex offers a wide selection of cryptocurrencies, good trading volume and a relatively straightforward user interface. While it probably isn’t suited to absolute beginners, Bittrex does a good job of meeting the needs of both basic and advanced traders.