Custom tailored business funding recommendations in just a few easy steps.
Having trouble qualifying for a loan for your new business? Excel Capital Management could be for you. This startup-friendly lender offers nine different loan types to get your business the personalized financing it needs.
|Product Name||Excel Capital Management Small Business Loans|
|Min Loan Amount||Varies by loan type|
|Max. Loan Amount||Varies by loan type|
|Requirements||Your business must operate in the US, be at least 1 year old and have monthly revenue of $15,000+.|
- Operate in the US
- At least 6 months in business
- Monthly revenue of at least $15,000
- Additional criteria based on the loan type including a minimum personal credit score and minimum annual profits
Do I qualify?
You must have a business that operates in the US, has been around for at least one year and generates at least $15,000 in monthly revenue.
Keep in mind that specific loan types come with stricter eligibility criteria and include more factors such as your personal credit score and annual profits.
What makes Excel Capital Management unique?
Excel specializes in financing for small and mid-sized businesses. It offers nine different loan types to suit your specific business needs. You can either get a loan directly funded by Excel or through one of its partner lenders if you don’t meet its underwriting criteria.
What are the benefits of business financing through Excel Capital Management?
- Increased chance of approval. With one application, you’ll be able to see if you’re qualified to borrow from both Excel Capital Management and several other lenders. This can help save a significant chunk of time as well as make it easier for you to get approved.
- Expedited process. Business loans tend to come with more paperwork because of the stringent qualifications. Excel advertises a simpler process than traditional banks.
- Multiple options available. Excel offers nine different loan programs to suit your business’s specific needs.
- All 50 states serviced. You don’t have to worry about living in a state that Excel doesn’t service. As long your business operates in the US and meets the other eligibility criteria, you can apply no matter which state you’re located in.
What loan products does Excel Capital Management offer?
|Financing type||What it is||Benefits|
|Split funding||A type of merchant cash advance that takes a fixed portion of each debit and credit sale until your loan is repaid.||Automatic payments, no collateral required, fast approvals and funding.|
|Term loans||Short and medium term loans are basic business loans that are paid back with interest over a fixed term.||Not much paperwork, can help build business credit, fixed monthly payments.|
|Equipment financing||A loan used to buy equipment needed to run your business.||Down payments are usually not required, flexible payment plans, leased equipment can be returned or bought.|
|Invoice factoring||The lender pays a percentage of the invoice amount to you, and is repaid when your customer pays the invoice.||Can help ease cash flow problems, financing depends on your customers’ creditworthiness, fast funding.|
|SBA loans||These loans are backed by the Small Business Administration and can be used for most legitimate business purposes, but come with stricter eligibility requirements.||Competitive rates and extended repayment terms.|
|Business lines of credit||A line of credit that provides access to ongoing funds. You can withdraw up to your credit limit at any time.||Can be secured or unsecured, pay-as-you-go, can usually draw from amounts paid back minus interest within one business day.|
|Startup loans||Loans and lines of credit geared towards businesses that are less than six months old.||No collateral required, no minimum business revenue requirements, no interest for the first year on most lines of credit.|
|Truck financing||A loan intended to assist with the purchase of trucks, semi-trailers and other commercial vehicles.||Up to 60 month repayment term, startups accepted, no prepayment penalties.|
|Loan consolidation||Consolidation for short-term and split funding loans.||Get multiple debts under one loan, possibly lower monthly payments, simplify repayments.|
How does Excel Capital Management compare to other online business lenders?
How is Excel Capital Management’s online reputation?
Excel doesn’t have much of an online reputation, but the little that’s out there is positive. It scores an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), where it’s been accredited since 2017, and gets an 8.1 out of 10 from Trustpilot. It only has five customer reviews on the BBB site and four on Trustpilot. All are glowing.
Customers highlighted how quick and easy it was to get funding for their businesses through excel. A few mentioned that they’d been rejected by banks before and were grateful to find an alternative source of financing . Several said they had gone back to Excel for another loan or planned to in the future.
What’s an Excel Capital Management SBA loan?
Excel SBA 7(a) loans are are government-backed loans for small business that have trouble qualifying with traditional lenders like banks. They come with lower interest rates because the Small Business Administration (SBA) guarantees up to 85% of the loan amount, making it less of a risk to the lender. Business owners can apply for up to $5 million in SBA loans for nearly any business use through Excel.
SBA loans aren’t great for businesses that need funds quickly. While Excel works with SBA lenders to speed up the process and ensure it goes smoothly it can still take a while. Applications can take a week just to complete. It can take six more weeks to get your funds.
One reason it takes so much time is that SBA loans tend to have a longer list of requirements and documentation than other types of loans. SBA loan applications also sometimes involves personal interviews or proof of collateral if you decide to put real estate or equipment on the line.
Product details for the SBA loan
- Interest rate: 5.5 – 8%
- Rate type: Fixed or variable
- Loan term: Up to 25 years
- Maximum amount: $5 million
- Fees: Guarantee fee of 3.5% of guaranteed value, bank fee of $12,000, prepayment penalty if a 15+ year loan is paid off early
SBA loan eligibility criteria
- Run a for-profit business.
- Have established a place of business in the US.
- Primarily operate inside the US or make a contribution to the US economy.
- Be independently owned and operated.
- Have reasonable invested equity.
Keep in mind that approval for SBA loans takes up to a week, and funds are disbursed within four to six weeks.
What do I need to apply?
Basic eligibility criteria to apply for a loan with Excel includes:
- Operate in the US
- Be business for at least six months
- Have at least $15,000 in monthly revenue
Additional criteria will apply for certain loan types. For example to qualify for a medium-term business loan, you must have a personal credit score of 680+ and be in business for at least 2 years with $500,000+ annual revenue.
How do I apply?
Once you go to the Excel Capital Management website, the initial application is fairly straightforward and only requires that you provide the contact information, monthly gross sales, time in business, what you need the funds for and the amount you’re requesting.
Should Excel find loan offers that fit your needs, you’ll have to provide documents to verify your information. At that point, you’ll want at least your business plan, personal and business credit reports, balance sheets and business licenses on hand.
What to watch out for
- You may not be offered the loan you want. Excel only allows applicants to submit one application and then see which loans they’d qualify for. Because there is only one application to determine what funding is best suited for you, it may come back with an option you don’t prefer.
- SBA loan fee. A fee of up to 3.5% of the guaranteed amount is assessed when taking out an SBA loan.
- Slow process for SBA loans. Due to the loan being guaranteed by a government agency, it generally takes longer than other forms of financing to be funded. If you’re looking to get cash by the end of the week, you might want to look into other loan options.
I got business financing through Excel Capital Management. Now what?
To keep your business on the right track, you’ll want to take care of a few things right out of the gate.
First, set up your repayment plan. Different loan types have slightly different repayment terms, but you’ll generally be able to enroll in automatic payments. Autopay is handy for avoiding late fees. Though you can set it, you should avoid forgetting it. Not having the funds in your account for those automatic payments could result in an NSF (nonsufficient funds) fee.
Remember that if your loan term is over 15 years for an SBA loan, you’ll be faced with a fee should you pay it off early. If you have a term that comes with prepayment penalties, it may be worth figuring out if you’ll actually save on interest payments when you factor in the fees.
Excel Capital Management specializes in connecting you with different financing solutions based on your business needs. Whether you receive an enticing offer or not, it’s usually good to compare your business financing options thoroughly before deciding on a lender. After all, it’s your business at stake.