Discounted coverage with tech-focused customer service
finder.com’s rating: 4 / 5.0
- Get a quote if you like convenient, online and mobile account management.
- Pick something else if you want in-person support.
- Riders of all kinds can enjoy on-the-go convenience.
|States served||43 states (available everywhere except Alaska Delaware Hawaii New Hampshire Montana Vermont Wyoming)|
|Roadside assistance||Included free|
|Pay schedule||12 months, monthly|
- Mobile app
- Online quotes and account management
- 24/7 claims access with photo claims and repair tracking
- Biker discounts, including safe rider discount
- Backed by Allstate for financial stability
- Local agents aren’t an option
- Online focus may not work for everyone
- Coverage availability varies by state
What motorcycle insurance coverage does Esurance offer?
Esurance provides basic protection if an accident happens during a ride:
- Liability. Pay for other driver’s injuries or vehicle repair bills. This coverage is most likely required.
- Collision. Get help with damage repairs to your own motorcycle.
- Comprehensive. Cover damages to accidents out of the ordinary, like motorcycle theft or damage caused by fallen tree branches.
- Medical payments. Pay for steep medical bills, even when you don’t have health insurance. If you do, you may need to max out your health policy before this kicks in.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Coverage kicks in for motorcycle damage, injuries and lost wages when an at-fault driver can’t pay your claims.
What extra benefits and add-ons does Esurance offer?
Choose from several optional coverages you may find beneficial:
- Total loss accident. Choose this option to get the MSRP value of your bike in the current model year. For high-end or limited-production bikes, you can receive an amount based upon agreed value.
- Optional equipment. Provides protection for added equipment and accessories up to $30,000. This applies to most bikes less than 25 years old and factors in depreciation.
- Trip interruption. Pays up to $500 in trip expenses if your motorcycle breaks down on a long-distance ride. Get $100 for lodging, $50 for food and $50 for transportation per day.
- Towing and labor. Pays for towing and labor costs during a breakdown away from home, including a dead battery, lost keys and bike retrieval.
- Mobile apps. Get the Esurance app to manage your account. You can also use DriveSense to track your driving habits and get a discount.
What discounts can I get with Esurance?
Esurance offers many chances for you to save on your premium, including general and motorcycle-specific discounts:
- Motorcycle endorsement. Earn your motorcycle license or get a motorcycle endorsement — an extension of your regular driver’s license.
- Riders associations. Save up to 5% if you’re a member of any Esurance-approved motorcycle organizations, such as the Harley Owners Group.
- Recovery device. Install a recovery system to protect against theft and get a discount.
- Multi-vehicle. Insure more than one bike, moped, ATV or other motorcycle on the same policy.
- Multi-policy. Bundle your car and motorcycle policies with Esurance.
- Responsible driver. Keep a clean track record for at least two years — no accidents or moving violations.
- Safety course. Take an approved motorcycle safety course.
- Antilock brakes. Make sure your bike has common safety features like ABS.
- Paid-in-full. Pay your premium up front when it’s due.
- Switch & Save. Switch to Esurance from another provider and save up to 15%.
- Homeowners. Find savings on motorcycle insurance if you own your home.
What types of motorcycles does Esurance cover?
Motorcycles of all kinds can typically get coverage with Esurance, including:
- Custom bikes
- Motocross bikes
- Off-road or dual-purpose bikes
- Performance bikes
- Street-sport bikes
- Touring bikes
- Vintage bikes
Pros and cons of Esurance motorcycle insurance
- Tech savvy. Esurance says technology is its middle name. The company features multiple mobile apps, customized online quotes, online and app account management and photo claims.
- Easy, 24/7 claims. The company keeps claims convenient and simple with its online and mobile app claims reporting. You can also get damage estimates by submitting photos and track your repairs online.
- Wide coverage. Esurance offers a variety of standard and add-on coverage to fit your motorcycle’s needs.
- Multiple discounts. Get biker-specific discounts as well as the easy-achievers like multi-policy and making your payment in full.
- Backed by Allstate. The company has strong financial backing by the well-known insurance company, Allstate.
- Online based. Only those comfortable doing business online will benefit from using this company.
- No local agents. Another downside to the tech focus for some: Esurance doesn’t offer local interactions.
- Not available in every state. Esurance doesn’t cover some states for motorcycle insurance. Check with an agent to verify whether it’s offered in your area.
How to apply for Esurance motorcycle insurance
The company makes applying for insurance simple, using its online quoting process or phone agent.
- Go to Esurance’s motorcycle insurance homepage.
- Enter your ZIP code and click Get a quote.
- Fill out personal information, motorcycle details and previous insurer information.
- Choose your coverage and enter payment details. Accept a rate option and finalize your policy.
Phone. Contact 800-378-7262 to speak with a licensed agent.
What info do I need to apply?
Apply for motorcycle insurance with a few key pieces of information:
- Personal details: name, address and phone number
- Driver’s or motorcycle license
- Motorcycle’s make, model, mileage and condition
- Safety information such as courses completed or bike features
- Driving history
- Banking, credit or debit card information
How to make a claim with Esurance
This company makes claims as seamless as its quoting process.
- Online. Go to Esurance’s motorcycle claims page and click log into your policy. You can submit a claim through your online account.
- Phone. Talk to a representative 24/7 by calling 800-378-7262.
- App. Log into your account on the go and report a claim, including photos for damage estimates.
Alternatives to Esurance
Esurance offers several motorcycle coverage options for a variety of motorcycle types. Its tech focus means you can report claims quickly online or by mobile app. However, the company doesn’t cater to every state and may not work well for those seeking in-person service.
Compare motorcycle insurance providers to find the best option for you.
Frequently asked questions about Esurance motorcycle insurance
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.