EVO Smart Account
A checking and savings account, with a free VISA card included.
The EVO Smart Account offers two accounts in one (checking and savings) and two cards in one (credit and debit).
If you are looking for an account with similar features, read on and find out if this option suits your needs.
What is the EVO Smart Account and how does it work?
In line with the digitalization of EVO Bank, the EVO Smart Account is requested and managed completely online. One of its greatest appeals is that there are no fees or maintenance costs of any kind.
In addition, this bank account is connected to a savings account with remuneration of 0% T.A.E. (Annual Equivalent Rate) – and you don’t have to wait a whole year to withdraw the earnings, you can do it in a monthly basis!
By having this account, you get a Smart Visa Card with which you can withdraw money from 16,000 ATMs, free of charge both in Spain and abroad (in the latter case, the bank that owns the ATM could make a charge).
Features of the EVO Smart Account
- Bank account. Designed for everyday use. It does not charge opening or maintenance fees.
- Savings account. If on the 15th of each month you have a balance of €3,000+ in your checking account, the amount that exceeds that quantity is automatically transferred to the savings account – which is remunerated at 0% T.A.E. up to the first €30,000.
- National withdrawals. Unlimited and fee-free at more than 16,000 ATMs in Spain, including EVO ATMs, Red EURO6000 (except CaixaBank), Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar, Grupo Caja Rural, EURO Automatic Cash, Targo Bank, Banca March, Deutsche Bank and Popular. At other ATMs it is free if withdrawn €120+.
- Foreign withdrawals. Also free and unlimited, although the entity that owns the ATM could apply its own rate.
- Visa Smart Card. It’s free and works like credit and debit. Includes insurance with accident and travel coverage.
- Payment options. Apple Pay, Google Pay, EVO Wallet, EVO Bizum, Hal Cash and other mobile payment methods.
- Do everything in the app or website. Check your balance, manage your mortgage and more, all remotely.
- Branch offices. It only has 5 branches in Spain. The promise is that everything can be done online.
- Deposits. Deposit at Post Offices via Correos Cash or at one of Caja Rural’s suitable ATMs.
- EVO Assistant. The Spanish voice assistant is available to help the customers.
- Customer service. Contact them by phone, email or on their social media.
EVO Smart Account costs and limits
- The charges that come with the credit card are:
- 3% (minimum €3) per transfer or cash withdrawal
- 1.60% monthly interest / 19.21% T.I.N. / 21.00% T.A.E.
- 2% per monthly arrearage
- An external fee may be charged if you:
- Withdraw less than €120 at national ATMs outside EVO or its partners
- Withdraw money at a foreign ATM
- €15,000 limit for daily operations
- Limit of €2.000 for ATM withdrawals
- Limit of €4,000 per day on purchases
- Limit of 5 operations per day at ATMs
- Limit of 15 operations per day on purchases
- €20 for claiming overdue debit positions
For further details about the fees for this account, you can visit EVO’s website.
Is it safe?
EVO Banco, S.A. is attached to the Spanish Deposit Guarantee Fund for Credit Institutions. The maximum guaranteed insured amount is €100,000 in case something happens to EVO. This means that your funds will be safe, in the unlikely event that EVO suddenly stops operating.
The EVO Smart Account is categorized with a risk level of 1/6, this being the minimum possible. Also, they use security measures to increase the protection of your account, such as the use of fingerprints for access, security pins or codes sent via text message.
How can I get this account?
Creating the account is quite simple:
- Go to the EVO website and click on the “Become a customer” button
- Enter your mobile phone number
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Confirm your phone number
- Fill out the form with your personal and work info
- Verify your identity with photos of your ID on both sides, and another of yourself
- Wait for verification form the EVO team
Voilà! Your account has been created.
Pros and cons of the EVO Smart Account
- Two in one: checking and savings accounts
- Free card works like credit and debit
- No opening or maintenance fees
- Free withdrawals at more than 16,000 ATMs, even abroad
- It has only 5 physical branches in all of Spain
- You must meet specific requirements to access it
- Being a digital account, it could imply technical inconveniences
Compare the EVO Smart Account with other products in Spain
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.