EOS weekly price analysis 20 August: An early wipeout, recovery and weekly gains
EOS has experienced an extremely volatile week of trading, losing plenty but gaining more to finish ahead.
- EOS was battered and bruised at the beginning of the week but has since recaptured and gained value.
- Trading volumes remained relatively stable over the past seven days, jumping up significantly on August 17.
- China has ranked EOS as the leading blockchain network globally, again, outpacing bitcoin and ether.
However, from Tuesday August 14, the cryptocurrency stirred up a spectacular recovery, with the price fluctuating madly until Thursday August 16, when EOS’s value skyrocketed (up 24% in 24 hours) to a lofty, weekly high of $5.60.
The token lost some value over the course of the weekend, as the coin’s price continued to swing up and down.
At the time of writing, EOS held a value of approximately $5.10.
Trading volumes fell by a little over one tenth (12%) week-on-week, from $666.5 million to $585.1 million.
FX Street analyst Ken Chigbo said that EOS lost about 4% in the first day of trading this week and that the EOS/USD price is “moving within an ascending channel”, despite the bears being in control of the market.
“After bullish movement last weeks, EOS may rise higher and retest resistance,” according to Blokt analyst John Lee Quigley. “But in the near term, further price drops are likely to be in store.”
China Electronic Information Industry Development Research Institute and the China Software Testing Center have released annual cryptocurrency rankings, placing EOS at the top of the charts, for a second year running.
The rankings were determined by professors and researchers from educational institutions such as Beijing University and Tsinghua. Ethereum (#2), NEO (#5), Stellar (#4) and bitcoin (#10) also achieved high rankings.
EOS was awarded the most points (104.3) in the category of technology, thanks to its proof-of-stake algorithm.
You can learn all about different exchanges, understand exactly how to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, calculate your taxes, discover digital wallets to hold assets and explore a list of all the alternative coins on the market.
- Craig Wright: Tether is a criminal money laundering system
- Dr. Craig Wright explains the origins of Bitcoin – Full interview
- David Kleiman, Hal Finney and others helped create Bitcoin, says Dr. Craig Wright
- Cryptocurrency: Why all eyes are on eToro’s USA launch
- Bitcoin weekly price analysis 28 August: Token’s value soars in face of ETF rejections