Enjoy discounts and easy account management with Encompass car insurance bundling.
- Get a quote if you like the personal touch of speaking with an agent.
- Pick something else if you want to get a quote and sign up online.
- Drivers that don’t live in Encompass’ service area can’t get coverage.
|States served||Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin|
|Pay schedule||12 months|
|New car protection||Yes, cars under 1 year old & 15,000 miles|
|Accident forgiveness||Yes (paid addon)|
- Flexible coverage
- Vehicle discounts
- Online account access
- Easy account app
- Limited availability
- Lack of transparency
- No online application
|Anti-theft device discount||Yes|
|Defensive driving discount||Yes, up to 5%|
|Good student discount||Yes|
|Safety device discount||Yes, up to 5%|
|Special employment discount||No|
|Other discounts||Future Effective Date discount if the policy is issued 7 days or more days prior to the effective date|
|Temporary & short term coverage||No|
Who is Encompass best for?
If you’re someone who prefers to keep their insurance needs under one provider, Encompass could be what you’re looking for.
One thing that could draw you to choose a car insurance provider is the discount available when you bundle your policies. The downside? Multiple bills, premiums and payments can get confusing — fast.
Encompass offers a simple solution with its EncompassOne policy: A comprehensive insurance plan that offers three tiers of combined coverage that includes home, auto and personal effects insurance.
What car insurance coverage does Encompass offer?
- Liability. Should you be in an at-fault accident that causes personal injury or property damage, this coverage helps pay for medical and auto repair expenses.
- Comprehensive coverage. This coverage helps pay for damage to your car caused by something other than an accident, like natural disasters, falling objects or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist liability. If you’re in an accident with someone who is uninsured or underinsured, this coverage helps cover repair costs.
- New car replacement. If your car is four years old or younger and is critically damaged in a covered loss, Encompass will replace your vehicle after you pay your deductible.
- Accident forgiveness. This add-on can help protect your premiums in the event of an at-fault accident.
- Enhanced accident forgiveness. Only available to those who pay for the Encompass Elite auto coverage program, this coverage applies to multiple at-fault incidents, protecting you from an unwanted hike in your insurance premiums. This could be helpful if you add a teen driver to your policy.
- Loan or lease gap coverage. This coverage pays the difference between the amount you still owe on your vehicle and its actual cash value in the event of an accident.
What discounts can I get with Encompass?
- Safe driving bonus. If all drivers on your policy have been incident-free for at least 12 months, you could be eligible for a discount of up to 5%.
- Future effective date. It saves to plan ahead. Encompass offers discounts for drivers who have their policies issued seven or more days before the effective date.
- Encompass easy pay. Encompass offers a discount to use its easy pay feature, allowing you to set up automatic payments on your policy.
- New car discount. Insure a new vehicle with Encompass and you could be eligible for a policy discount.
- Homeowners discount. If you own your home, condo, townhouse or mobile home, all vehicles on your policy could receive a discount.
- Good payer discount. If you’d like to renew your policy with Encompass and have made on-time payments for 12 months, you could be eligible for this discount.
- Defensive driver discount. You can get this discount if you’ve successfully completed a state-approved defensive driving course.
- Anti-lock brake discount. Discounts if your car came with two- or four-wheel Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS).
- Anti-theft device discount. Protect your car and save when you install an anti-theft device, such as an immobilizer or VIN etching.
- Passive restraint system discount. Discounts to your medical or personal injury protection if your vehicle has factory-installed air bags or a motorized automatic seat belt restraint system.
- Good student discount. Student drivers who maintain a 3.0 GPA or better can get a discount.
- Driver training discount. If you are younger than 21 years old and have completed a driver’s training course with several hours of driving experience, you could be eligible for this discount.
- Resident student discount. Become eligible for this discount if you’re a student who lives at least 100 miles from home and don’t have a vehicle with you at school.
Does Encompass offer any special programs?
- Roadside assistance. The Encompass Roadside App provides 24/7 roadside assistance with an array of online features and services to help you manage your policy on the go.
- MyEncompass app. Log into your Encompass account through MyEncompass from your computer, tablet or mobile device and you can view your account information, access your ID card and make payments.
- Accident fact kit. Encompass offers a free downloadable kit to print at home and put in your car that provides a step-by-step guide to follow in the event of an accident.
- Financing calculators. Encompass has a number of calculating tools available on its site to help determine what type of car you can afford and how best to finance it.
What’s the EncompassOne policy?
EncompassOne is a special comprehensive insurance plan, offering coverage for your home, car, valuables and more.
The EncompassOne policy is marketed as personalized protection designed to fit your life with one premium, one deductible, one agent and one easy payment.
With three tiers of protection — Special, Deluxe and Elite — you choose the coverage and premiums you want and can afford.
What’s not covered by Encompass?
While classic and antique cars are covered by Encompass, you may be required to purchase special classic or antique car insurance for your vehicle, depending on how often you drive it. This type of coverage limits the number of miles you’re allowed to drive annually.
To purchase antique car insurance, you and your Encompass insurance agent need to agree on the value of the vehicle. A professional appraiser may be called in to help determine your car’s value to ensure proper coverage.
Pros and cons of Encompass car insurance
- Flexible coverage. Choose from a range of policy coverage options and add-ons to customize your insurance to fit your needs.
- Vehicle discounts. Enjoy a wide range of available discounts for homeowners, good students, new cars, defensive drivers and more.
- Online account access. From your MyEncompass account, you can access your policy information and make payments on the go.
- EncompassOne. The EncompassOne policy offers a set amount of predetermined coverage that includes home, auto and personal effects insurance grouped under a single policy and premium.
- Limited availability. Encompass insurance is not available in Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Wyoming.
- Lack of transparency. While Encompass details coverage options and potential discounts on its site, it doesn’t provide any information about deductibles or discount rates.
- No online application. To receive a quote from Encompass or to apply for an insurance policy, you must call a local Encompass agent near you.
What do customers say about Encompass?
Encompass is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), but it does receive an A+ rating. A.M. Best also gives Encompass an A+ (Superior) rating.
Online reviews state that for the most part, filing a claim with Encompass is a straightforward process. However, filing a claim on the weekend can be tricky, as a few customers report having to wait until Monday to speak with a live representative.
Other reports suggest that Encompass is guilty of increasing rates over time, with several customers noticing their premiums rise incrementally each year.
How to apply for Encompass
Encompass does not have an online quote or application process available. Instead, you’ll need to locate a local Encompass agent near you and call or email a representative to apply.
While applying in person is more tedious than applying online, an insurance agent can help you complete your application and answer questions about rates and coverage options.
What info do I need to apply?
- Your address
- Your date of birth
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver’s license
- The year, make, model and VIN number of the vehicles you want insured
How do I find a Encompass agent near me?
- Go to the Encompass auto insurance homepage.
- Click the Talk to your agent button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your address and click Find an Agent.
- Encompass makes it easy to find an agent near you with a list of agents, their contact info and location. Agents closest to you are listed first.
How to make a claim with Encompass
- To make a car insurance claim with Encompass, call its claims office at 800-588-7400.
- A field adjuster is assigned to your file and contacts you within one business day.
- You can choose to have your car inspected at one of Encompass’ authorized shops, or you can take your car to a repair shop you know and trust.
- Once your car is inspected, the field adjuster writes an initial estimate for the damages to your vehicle. After the estimate is complete, schedule any repairs that need to be done to your vehicle.
How to contact Encompass
Access your policy information or pay your bill online from your MyEncompass account.
You can also fill out an online form by going to the Encompass website and clicking Contact Us at the bottom of the homepage. Click Form, and type in your question as well as your contact info. You’ll receive an email response from Encompass within one business day.
Compare alternatives to Encompass
Allstate’s subsidiary Encompass offers the traditional range of auto insurance coverage options with the added perk of a no-fuss EncompassOne comprehensive policy that combines home, auto and personal insurance. However, Encompass isn’t available across all 50 states and lacks the online accessibility of some of its competitors.
Whether you’re interested in low rates, customizable coverage or personable customer service, there’s a provider out there that’s bound to fit your individual needs. Explore your options with other insurance providers to find what best suits you, your vehicle and lifestyle.