It’s exceptionally well reviewed, but a number of its features cost extra.ShippingEasy offers the features you’d expect of a shipping software provider — rate discounts, branded tracking pages and automated shipping rules. But customer support is only available on weekdays and you have to pay extra for a number of key features.
- Choose this provider if you don’t mind paying extra for inventory management and customer marketing.
- Consider something else if ShippingEasy doesn’t integrate with the e-commerce platforms and carriers you prefer.
What is ShippingEasy?ShippingEasy is a cloud-based shipping software provider founded in Sydney, Australia, with headquarters in Austin, Texas. It helps businesses tackle the shipping and fulfillment process with rate discounts, tracking features, advanced reporting and inventory management features.
FeaturesShippingEasy software features can be broken down into three broad categories: shipping, customer marketing and inventory management. All shipping features come standard with each account, but you’ll need to pay an additional monthly fee to access ShippingEasy’s customer marketing and inventory management features.
Standard shipping features with this provider include real-time tracking, label printing and multilocation support:
- Discounted rates. Access USPS rate discounts of up to 46%.
- Print labels. Use InstaLabel to print shipping labels, packing slips, picklists and more.
- Automated shipping. Specify rules by carrier, weight, delivery preference, package size and more to automate the shipping process.
- Branded tracking. Gain visibility by adding your brand to shipping emails and tracking pages.
- Alexa’s voice shipping. Request order information, print labels, purchase USPS postage and send shipments through Amazon’s Alexa.
Customer marketingShippingEasy’s customer marketing tools include delivery analytics, targeting email campaigns and a one-on-one consultation with its in-house marketing expert. Customer marketing starts at an additional $14 monthly and scales based on the number of emails you send.
- Email marketing. Tap into unlimited email campaigns, multiuser support, customizable templates and personalized customer journeys.
- Win back customers. Identify customers whose business has lapsed and send targeted incentive emails.
- Signup forms. Take advantage of hosted forms and invite customers to sign up for a newsletter and enter contests.
- Product recommendations. Offer product recommendations on packing slips, confirmation emails, marketing emails and more.
- Amazon management. Request feedback, respond to reviews, set up email alerts and access support from Fulfillment by Amazon.
Add inventory management to your ShippingEasy account for $14 to $69 monthly, depending on your service tier. The software is intended to help you stay on top of inventory with imported product catalogs, low stock alerts, inventory status reports and more.
- Automated inventory. Set low stock alerts and sync product quantities across multiple sales channels.
- Purchase order management. Create purchase orders, assign products to suppliers and track orders.
- Product management. Upload product images, assign SKUs, create product bundles and assign shipping rules.
Pricing and feesShippingEasy’s software is available across six service tiers.
While the Starter tier is free, it lacks a handful of key features, including ShippingEasy’s lowest discounted USPS rates, software setup and customer support. Other tiers include this and:
- USPS rate and cubic discounts
- Exclusive setup and training
- Phone, live chat and email support
- Print shipping labels
- Branded shipping labels and tracking emails
- Product catalog support
- Customized packing slips
- Set shipping rules
- Detailed shipping reports
Pricing for additional servicesShippingEasy also offers three additional services that can be added to the core software for a monthly fee:
|Amazon Seller Suite|
ReportingShippingEasy’s in-house analytics are included in all service tiers and come with product sales summaries, shipping reports, order reports, status reports and a shipping cost data dashboard.
If you opt into ShippingEasy’s inventory management and customer marketing services, you’ll also receive inventory forecasting reports, sales velocity reports, customer acquisition trends and email campaign performance reports.
Pros and cons
- Multiple service tiers. It’s six service tiers are designed to support businesses large and small.
- 30-day trial. Try any of ShippingEasy’s service tiers for free for 30 days without giving your credit card.
- Lots of integrations. ShippingEasyintegrates with popular platforms and plugins, including Shopify, Amazon, eBay and WooCommerce.
- Well-reviewed. By and large, merchants who use ShippingEasy are willing to recommend the software and typically award it a 5 out of 5-star rating.
- Confusing marketing. There are several pages on ShippingEasy’s website that suggest all of its features come standard with every account. It wasn’t until we contacted a sales rep that we confirmed that its inventory management, customer marketing and Amazon Seller Suite cost extra.
- Limited support. With the exclusion of its Starter service tier, all ShippingEasy accounts come with phone, live chat and email support — but only on weekdays between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., CT.
Customer reviews and complaints
Reviews of ShippingEasy are overwhelmingly positive. It has only two complaints on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) despite being in business for eight years.
On Facebook, ShippingEasy receives a rating of 4.9 out of 5 based on the feedback of 258 reviews. ShippingEasy’s friendly, helpful support team receives frequent praise along with its range of practical features. But a few merchants suggest ShippingEasy’s interface is clunky and that the software could be more user-friendly.
What other providers does ShippingEasy integrate with?ShippingEasy integrates with 65 third-party software providers, plugins and carriers.
How do I sign up with ShippingEasy?
If you decide that ShippingEasy is for your business, go to its website to sign up:
- Click Start your 30-day free trial.
- Enter your email address, business name and phone number.
- Create an account password.
- Select your primary store platform.
- Indicate how many shipments you send monthly.
- Click Start now.
Compare shipping software
Bottom lineShippingEasy offers a range of features to help streamline order fulfillment, from inventory alerts to carrier rate discounts. But its support team is only available during the week and you’ll need to pay extra to access its inventory, customer marketing and Amazon support features.
Before you sign up, check out your e-commerce options with other providers to find the service best suited to your business.