Like most great businesses, Drizly started out as a simple question cofounders Nick Rellas and Justin Robinson couldn’t seem to answer: Why can’t we get alcohol delivered to us? Soon after, this alcohol ordering and delivery service was born.
It looks like we don’t have any coupons at the moment.
What can I buy at Drizly?
- Beer. From Bud Light to double-hop IPAs and even a seasonal pumpkin ales, Drizly delivers a wide variety of beers, lagers and ciders to suit your tastes.
- Wine. Reds and whites, rosés and Champagnes and even sake — you name it, Drizly’s got it.
- Liquor. Find your liquors and liqueurs in one convenient location — from vodka, whiskey and rum to Kahlúa, Baileys and Aperol.
- Extras. No time to run out for ice, mixers and cocktail garnishes? No problem. Drizly has those too.
Shipping, delivery, and payment
Shipping and delivery
Shipping rates depend on the local retailer handling your order. Your exact shipping fee will appear in your order screen once you’ve entered a location.
Drizly is currently available in US cities:
- Jackson Hole
- Jersey City
- Los Angeles
- Minneapolis/St. Paul
- New Orleans
- New York City
- Portland, Maine
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- South Florida
- St. Louis
- Washington, DC
In Canada, delivery is available to Worcester, Edmonton, Alberta.
You can either order your delivery direct to your door or for free pickup at your local retailer. In most cities, you’ll pay a flat $5 delivery fee. That fee drops to $2 in New Orleans. And deliveries are free in New York City. (Only in New York!)
Drizly accepts most major credit cards. Tips can be included on your credit card or paid by cash on arrival.
When’s the next sale?
Drizly encourages customers to sign up for its email list, which you can do online or through the app. Or follow Drizly on social media to stay on top on the latest deals and special events.
What sets Drizly apart?
- Although you’ll find other alcohol delivery services out there, Drizly does a few things a bit differently that set it apart from the pack:
- Drizly is currently the only company approved by state alcohol regulators for its business model, which includes the use of proprietary ID-verification technology to ensure that customers are of legal drinking age.
- Drizly does not mark up the alcohol it sells.
- Drizly uses local retailers to fulfill its orders.
Pros and cons
- Up to 3,500 options. Drizly offers a huge selection of alcohol and mixers, so your party never runs dry.
- Most deliveries in under 40 minutes. Although Drizly doesn’t guarantee a delivery speed, it completes most deliveries in 20 to 40 minutes.
- No markup. You pay the same base price as you’ll find at your local store. You’ll just pay for shipping and delivery unless you choose free in-store pickup.
- Not available everywhere. Due to state regulations, Drizly is currently available in select cities in the US and Canada.
Drizly successfully and logistically answers a question that most people have asked at least once in their lives: How can I get alcohol delivered right to my doorstep?
If you’re lucky enough to live in one of the locations that Drizly serves, it’s worth downloading the app or browsing the online selection of beer, wine, and liquor to save a trip for your tipples.