Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Double stroller buying guide
Find the best ride for your little ones.
Having one set of wheels for two kids can save you time and hassle and can often costs less than buying two separate strollers. When you have two kids to look after and half the time, it’s important to pick a stroller that’s safe and easy to maneuver. Compare double strollers and choose the right one for your family.
Compare some of the best double strollers
|Type||Weight (lbs)||Max weight capacity (lbs)||Purchase|
|Graco Ready2Grow LX||$200||Tandem||33||90||Shop now|
|Thule Urban Glide Double Jogging Stroller||$700||Side-by-side||32||100||Shop now|
|Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller||$635||Tandem||33||40 per seat||Shop now|
|BOB Revolution FLEX Duallie Jogging Stroller||$640||Side-by-side||33||50 per seat||Shop now|
|Bugaboo Donkey2 Complete Mono Stroller||$1,330||Single seat with add-on||29||37.5 for toddler seat||Shop now|
|Delta Children LX||$70||Side-by-side||19||35 per seat||Shop now|
|Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand On Tandem Stroller||$110||Sit-and-stand||27.5||90||Shop now|
Double stroller seating options
Double strollers have three seating options: side-by-side, tandem and a single seat with a toddler add-on. Sit-and-stand strollers are also available for those with a baby and a child old enough to stand for the duration of the journey.
The right seating option for you depends on the age gap between your kids.
- For twins or kids less than one year apart: Side-by-side or tandem stroller.
- For kids who are more than one year apart: Side-by-side, tandem, single seat with toddler add-on or sit-and-stand stroller.
|Tandem (or inline)|
|Single seat with toddler add-on|
Double stroller types
Once you’ve chosen your seating style, you need to decide which type of double stroller suits your needs and lifestyle best.
How to compare double strollers
Double strollers typically cost between $280 and $2,400, depending on the brand and model. While price is obviously a huge factor when deciding which model you should go with, consider these key features as well:
- Weight and size. Check that your stroller can fit into your car easily without removing the wheels. Ensure that you can lift it up and down stairs and curbs, as some are quite heavy. If you plan to use public transportation, check that it’s not too bulky to maneuver.
- Wheels. Front swivel wheels make the stroller easier to maneuver, and large wheels are better for navigating curbs, stairs and uneven terrain. However, models with large and front swivel wheels may cost more.
- Brakes. Look for brakes that are easy to reach via foot pedal or handle and that are linked by a single lever on both rear wheels. Make sure the brakes safely lock into position.
- Five-point harness. Kids under five should wear a five-point harness that includes two shoulder straps and waist and crotch straps. Check that the harness has easily adjustable straps and user-friendly buckles that don’t leave closed loops when undone.
- Recline. Babies under six months need a seat that reclines more than 130 degrees. If you have two kids of different ages, look for a double stroller with reclining seats that can be adjusted separately.
- Safety. Strollers should have child-resistant locks, be sturdy enough to prevent tipping over and have wheels and brakes that are inaccessible to kids. Check that the model you’re looking at has not been recalled.
Many factors will go into choosing the right double stroller for your family’s needs. Consider the age of your kids, the size of your vehicle and whether you need an all-terrain stroller or something more streamlined.
How did we choose these products?
To choose our list of the best double strollers, we conducted online research to determine some of the most popular models currently available. We compared overall features, type, seating position, storage and price.
Frequently asked questions
Do strollers expire?
No, strollers don’t expire, but car seats do. If yours comes with a detachable car seat, be sure to check the expiration date on it.
Can I put my newborn in a stroller?
Yes. But make sure your stroller reclines, as newborns cannot hold up their heads or sit up. Some strollers come with a bassinet attachment, perfect for newborns and infants.
When should I stop using a stroller?
This depends on your situation and your kids, but it’s generally recommended that kids over three or four be encouraged to walk on their own. Pay attention to the weight limits of your stroller, too.
More guides on Finder
Teeth whitening guide + top picks
Learn about the main types of teeth whitening procedures, including how to find the right one for your needs.
Top 15+ stores to buy girls’ clothing
Scoop up some of the best deals on girls’ clothing, from cozy sweaters, comfy athletic wear and everything in between. Plus see where to get free shipping.
Nintendo Switch buying guide
Nintendo’s entry into the ninth console generation is the talk of the town, but how does it actually work and what games does it offer?
Xbox One review and buying guide
Trying to choose the right gaming console for you and your family? You’ll find everything you need to know about Microsoft’s Xbox One console right here.
Best 3D printers in 2020
Whether you’re a student or an industry professional, we broke down the best 3D printers to suit your needs — from budget options to accessible features.
Best weighted blankets in 2021
Snuggle up under these top-rated weighted blankets, designed to address a myriad of sleep concerns, from insomnia to night sweats.
Top high-waisted joggers in 2021
See top picks for this fall/winter trend, starting at under $20. If these don’t suit your style, learn where you can shop for more — no matter your budget.
Douchebags: The Savage Bike Bag review
We review this innovative bike bag from Douchebags. Inspired by modern roll cages, the bag is designed to keep your bike safe wherever you travel.
Where to buy infrared thermometers online
Looking to keep your family healthy? Cook foods to the right temperatures and identify fevers with a quality infrared thermometer.
Best CBD oil for dogs
Sort fact from fiction when choosing the right product for your pooch.
Ask an Expert