In business for two decades, DolEx specializes in money transfers to 35 countries with a focus on Latin America.
The hitch? It doesn’t offer online transactions. But if you live near one of its many US retail or agent locations — more than 2,000 locations combined — that may not be a problem.
|Min/max transfer, methods, options, speed, exchange rates||Varies by retail/agent location|
|Available currencies||Emphasis on Latin American currencies, such as MXN, COP PEN|
|Fees||Varies by retail/agent location|
|Customer service||Phone, email|
Fees, transfer minimums and exchange rates
It’s not easy to learn how much you could pay or even how much you can send online. Instead, you’ll need to visit a DolEx retail or agent location for details on the currencies you want to transfer.
Exchange rates, transfer fees, transfer minimums and transfer methods vary depending on the location.
DolEx claims that it its combined payer networks serve more than 35 countries at more than 50,000 locations worldwide. But it appears to specialize in transfers to Latin America — including Mexico, Ecuador and Peru.
How do I send money through DolEx?
To send a money transfer through DolEx, visit one of the retail or agent locations in its network.
Because so much of how DolEx works depends on your specific agent, calling ahead to confirm the information you’ll need for a transfer could be helpful. For most transfers, you’ll need your bank account number, an ID and your recipient’s bank account details.
How does DolEx compare to other services?
What to look out for
- Physical locations only. DolEx isn’t an online money transfer service. To send money, you must visit a physical location.
- Exchange rates and fees aren’t fixed. How much you’ll pay varies by DolEx retail or agent location.
Pros and cons
- Transfers to Latin American countries.DolEx specializes in transfers to Mexico and 35 other countries.
- No online transfers.You can find more transparent services online.
- Opaque website.Its website doesn’t contain much of the info you’ll need to send money.
If you have specific questions about DolEx, call the company’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-892-0210 or email email@example.com.
There’s a reason you haven’t heard of DolEx: There’s just not much to work with on its site or elsewhere. If you’re comfortable online, you’ll likely find an easier option to send money to your friends and family worldwide.