Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Discover it® Miles Travel Credit Card vs. Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
Two excellent travel credit cards with a generous signup bonus.
These two are similar travel credit cards with the main difference being the cards’ tier level. The Discover it® Miles Travel Credit Card is an entry-level card with $0 annual fee and a lower rewards rate, while the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is a mid-tier card with a $95 annual fee and a higher rewards rate on all purchases.
Read more about these cards in the table below.
Summary of card features
Discover it® Miles Travel Credit Card
- You won't pay an annual fee to own the card.
- Earn a flat 1.5x miles on your purchases.
- Discover will match your miles earned at the end of your first year.
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- Earn an unlimited 2x miles on all purchases.
- Get a 50,000-mile welcome offer after you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months.
- Earn an additional 100,000 miles after spending $20,000 on purchases within the first 12 months.
- Get various travel benefits, including a TSA PreCheck or Global Entry statement credit worth $100.
Ask an Expert