We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
Earn miles on purchases with this no-annual-fee credit card that comes with a mile-for-mile bonus in your first year.
- Get this card if… you’re looking for a low-cost alternative to typical travel cards.
- Pick something else if…you don’t travel much or want more luxurious perks when you do.
- Good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850 recommended.
The Discover it Miles Travel credit card matches your miles traveled and earns you 1.5x miles for every dollar spent on all purchases — all with no annual fee and no blackout dates.
|Product Name||Discover it® Miles Travel Credit Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 14 months from date of first transfer (with per transfer, 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||12.24% to 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||12.24% to 24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
The Discover it Miles Travel Credit Card makes traveling a bit easier every time you leave home. It earns a lot of points and rewards with no limits on how many you can accrue. Earn 1.5 miles for every dollar you spend on all purchases, and Discover will match the miles you’ve earned at the end of your first year.
- Match mile for mile. For the first year, Discover credits you one mile for every mile you travel. Earned miles never expire, and you can fly whenever, wherever with no blackout dates — even to Florida on the day after Christmas. Redeem miles for credit travel purchases or cash.
- No annual fee. Avoid the fees that can come with some other travel cards.
- Free FICO Credit Score. Track the progress of your score every month on your bill.
You’ll also like…
- ID monitoring. New to this card, Discover monitors your Social Security number, alerting you if it suspects it’s being used fraudulently.
- Easily on/off freezing. Freeze your account at any time online or through an app to prevent purchases, advances or transfers. Plus, they have a $0 fraud liability policy, so if your account is stolen, you’re not responsible for any of the charges.
- Lenient fees. Pay no fees when you go over your limit, make foreign transactions or pay by phone. You also won’t suffer fees or a penalty APR for one late payment.
What to watch out for
- Limited mile-for-mile matching. Discover matches every mile you travel for your first year only — generous, but limited.
- International acceptance. If you’re planning on traveling internationally, Discover cards are not accepted everywhere overseas.
Consider other cards if…
- You want more rewards. If you’re a frequent traveler, you could find cards that allow you to earn more.
What to know before you apply
Consider applying for the Discover it Miles Travel Card if you’re:
- At least 18 years old.
- A US citizen or permanent resident of the US.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
What credit score do I need?
You have a better chance of approval with a credit score of 680 or higher.
How to apply
1. Go to the Discover website. Hover over Credit Cards and click Travel Credit Card.
2. Click Apply Now.
3. Complete the application with your name, address, income and employer.
4. Continue through the rest of the application, confirm your information and submit.
How long will it take to be approved?
It can take up to 30 days for Discover to come to an application decision. Some customers report hearing back after a couple of weeks. Expect 7 to 10 days for you to receive the card once you’re approved.
I got the card. Now what?
- Avoid late payments. Though the card comes with a lenient late payment policy, consider enrolling in Discover’s online payments for security.
- Customer service. For support, call 1-800-347-2683 or chat with a representative online. Or connect on Twitter @Discover or on Facebook @Discover.
The Discover it Miles Travel card can be a good fit for the frequent vacationer. But by looking around at other cards, you could find stronger benefits that are worth the annual fee.