Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Discover it® Cash Back vs. Discover it® Chrome Gas & Restaurant Card
Two solid cashback credit cards with no annual fee.
The main difference is that the Discover it® Cash Back offers accelerated cash back on rotating categories each quarter, while the Discover it® Chrome Gas & Restaurant Card offers accelerated cash back only on gas and dining. However, the cashback rate of the latter cannot match the rate you earn with the Discover it® Cash Back. Otherwise, these two Discover cards have many similarities, including a $0 annual fee and a long 0% intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers.
Learn more about these cards’ perks and features in the table below.
Summary of card features
Discover it® Cash Back
- No annual fee
- Excellent rewards in rotating categories
- Solid intro APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Cashback Match on all rewards earned during the first card year
Discover it® Chrome Gas & Restaurant Card
- Earn 2% cash back in popular categories.
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Get an unlimited dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
- Redeem your rewards for cash in any amount.
Compare Discover credit cards
Ask an Expert