Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
Compare disability insurance for people with pre-existing conditions
You can get a disability policy if you have a pre-existing condition, although that condition may not be covered.
Compare up to 4 providers
More guides on Finder
- Best and worst states for Social Security Disability approval
Finder analyzes the easiest and hardest states to get disability in America, rating the top 5 best and worst states for disability approval.
- Is supplemental disability insurance right for me?
If you’re concerned your group disability insurance won’t replace enough of your income if you experience a disability, you can buy supplemental disability insurance.
- Is credit disability insurance right for me?
Get your loan payments covered when you experience a disability and can’t work, but with limited coverage.
- How to combine life and disability insurance
Ensure your loved ones’ financial future is protected with both life and disability insurance.
- What is covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act?
The ADA protects and serves the 1 in 4 Americans living with disabilities. Learn your legal rights and what you can do if you experience discrimination.
- What medical conditions qualify for disability insurance?
A list of medical conditions covered under short-term, long-term and Social Security disability insurance.
- How does disability insurance with child support work?
You could reduce your child support payments while on disability, though payouts count as income.
- Unemployment insurance
Find out how to get a policy — and how to qualify for benefits if the job loss wasn’t your fault.
- Disability insurance ratings methodology
Learn how our insurance experts rate disability companies.
- The Hartford disability insurance review 2022
This provider is the largest short-term disability insurer in the US, but you can only get coverage if your employer opts in.