What is DirectLoansGroup?
DirectLoansGroup is a short-term loan connection service that helps borrowers find a lender they can qualify with. Though it’s not a direct lender itself, its partners offer loans from $100 to $50,000 to all credit types. It can be helpful if you’ve had trouble finding a loan because of your credit score, a past bankruptcy or your nontraditional form of income, like government benefits.
However, it’s not up front about what rates and terms its partners offer. This could be a red flag, especially since short-term loans are notorious for high rates and fees that often lead to APRs in the triple digits.
What states does DirectLoansGroup serve?
You can’t get a loan from DirectLoansGroup if you live in one of the following states:
- New York
- West Virginia
What are the benefits of using DirectLoansGroup?
From its lenient eligibility requirements to its wide range of loan amounts, here are a few perks of using DirectLoansGroup:
- Benefits count as income. You don’t need to have a job as long as you make at least $800 a month in documented income.
- Large range of loan amounts. With loans from $100 to $50,000, this service can help you find funding for a wide range of needs.
- Bankruptcies OK. Unlike many short-term loan providers, DirectLoansGroup’s partner lenders will work with customers who’ve filed for bankruptcy.
What to watch out for
Consider these potential drawbacks before finding a lender through DirectLoansGroup:
- Little information online. You can’t find potential APRs or loan terms without entering some personal information.
- Checking account required. Most short-term lenders require a bank account, and DirectLoansGroup’s partners are no exception. Check out our guide to no-bank-account loans if you’re unbanked.
- Automated customer service line. You can’t get answers to any questions by calling customer service — it’s fully automated.
- Few customer reviews. This can make it difficult to know what to expect from its partner lenders.
- Limited availability. This service is not available in nine states.
Beware of companies with little online information
Compare more loan options
Is it safe to use DirectLoansGroup to find a loan?
Generally, yes. It uses SSL encryption to protect the information you submit through its website. It’s also a member of the Online Lenders Alliance (OLA), an industry group with best practices and a code of conduct made to protect consumers — though it’s self regulated.
However, using a connection service can be riskier than applying through a lender directly, especially since DirectLoansGroup doesn’t list its partners online. You won’t know which companies you could be connected with until after you provide your personal information.
DirectLoansGroup reviews and complaints
|Trustpilot score||4.3 out of 5, based on 9 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||16 October 2020|
There isn’t much about DirectLoansGroup online. However, the reviews that are out there are mostly positive.
Customers were mostly happy with how easy it was to find a lender — and how quickly they received their funds. A few customers mentioned that they got a “fair” rate from their lender.
Am I eligible for a loan through DirectLoansGroup’s partners?
You must meet the following requirements to qualify with one of DirectLoansGroup’s partners:
- At least $800 regular monthly income
- Checking account
- At least 18 years old
- US citizen or permanent resident
How do I get started?
Start by calling 866-956-2474 or following these steps online:
- Go to the DirectLoansGroup website.
- Select the range of loan amounts you’re interested in borrowing.
- Enter your first and last name. Choose Continue.
- Fill in the required fields with information about yourself and your finances. Select Continue.
- Read the disclosure and check the box certifying the information you’ve provided is correct. If you want to opt out of being reached by phone or text, choose Opt-out here. Otherwise, check the box and hit Submit.
What information do I need to get started?
Have the following information on hand when completing DirectLoansGroup’s online form:
- Social Security number
- Birth date
- Contact information
- Housing and income details
- Driver’s license number
- Bank account details
- Credit score range
You might also need to provide the following types of documents if you get connected with a lender:
- Proof of income. Typically lenders ask to see recent pay stubs or benefits checks to verify your income.
- State-issued ID. Lenders might also ask to see a copy of your ID.
- Bank statements. Some lenders might ask for this to see how much money you have available or as an alternate proof of income.
I got connected with a lender. Now what?
Follow the lender’s directions to complete the application and provide any required documents. Before you apply, you might want to do some research on the lender so you know what to expect — like looking up customer reviews. Receive the funds in your bank account in as little as 24 hours, depending on how quickly you’re able to submit your documents.
If you have any questions about the application process, contact the lender’s customer service team.
DirectLoansGroup can make it easier for you to find a loan that’s right for you — especially if you’ve had difficulty qualifying in the past. It also offers a wider range of loan amounts than most short-term loan services. But with little transparency about its partner lenders, rates and terms, it might be a risk.
See how it stacks up to the competition with our guide to short-term loans.
Frequently asked questions
DirectLoansGroup says it doesn’t serve residents of my state. What are my other options?
Some states have laws against different types of short-term loans, especially payday loans. In that case, you might want to consider your short-term loan alternatives, including payday alternative loans (PALs) from credit unions.
How do I get a loan with this service if I have bad credit?
DirectLoansGroup’s partner lenders offer financing for all credit types, even if your credit rating is less than perfect.
How do I get a loan today through DirectLoansGroup?
You can’t — it takes at least one business day for the money to transfer from the lender to your bank account. If you need money today, consider borrowing from a brick-and-mortar short-term lender.